ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-2022-273/)
-   -   Aftermarket carplay on 2017 RX350 (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-2022/902627-aftermarket-carplay-on-2017-rx350.html)

qvtruong 02-20-19 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by SaraWats (Post 10445554)
Hello I just finished my new project. It huge option but I deceded to choose the quelity device .I don't know do you head about this head unit but its really good and yes no problem with connection your Iphone (in my case its 7 Plus) to Android head unit by CAR Play adapter.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...f545a61188.jpg

I saw those too, but the fact that it requires me to replace the screen turned me away. I want to keep everything as original as possible.

but I’m glad that it works well for you

c2fordy5 02-20-19 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by qvtruong (Post 10445592)

i’ll find some time to record the video. But it’s literally just turn the car on, go to the android interface, and plug in your phone. Bum done! The autoplay (the app for carplay) app support wired mirroring . There is another app for wireless mirroring, but the phone will run hot.

for those built-in app in android, you just connect the box to the iphone’s personal hotspot (or your portable hotspot). They are apps in Android, so run exact the same way as on an Android tablet/phone. It just needs wifi for downloading data.

Thank you. Looking forward to seeing that video. I have an iPhone XS Max. So I'd be more interested to see the wireless mirroring seeing that it was an option.

kmare 02-20-19 04:25 PM

can someone post a video of just android auto? Seems everyone is using Car Play.

qvtruong 02-22-19 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by kmare (Post 10446148)
can someone post a video of just android auto? Seems everyone is using Car Play.

Buy the new galaxy S10 for me, I'll do the video for you :) LOL jk

Onion 02-23-19 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by qvtruong (Post 10443984)

the dongle supports both carplay and android auto.

It’s just that we mention more about carplay and I don’t have an android :-)

Thanks :) I guess I missed the screenshot where it showed the android auto option.

Just placed the order, now it's the waiting game.

Can't believe all of you use iPhone, why no one give Android some love :)

Gottspd 02-24-19 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Waleedg (Post 10425349)

one last thing (a really great point) now when you enter the android system through media/AUX pathway on Lexus interface, all sounds go through the car speakers and your calls go through the car mic exactly as you woukd if you were connecting through Bluetooth.... no need to connect the system through bluetooth to get those features.... and the sound is amazing!!!!

Did you connect the RCA cables?

shadowmite 02-24-19 09:38 PM

Ordered mine today, waiting...

decngb 02-25-19 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by shadowmite (Post 10450156)
Ordered mine today, waiting...

Is there any trick to using Aliexpress the first time? They don't really seem to be interested in new customers. In order to use their site for ordering, I need to submit a picture of an ID and pictures of "at least one set of payment card and the bank statement." I can't say that I'm real excited about supplying that kind of stuff to a Chinese site.

Is there anywhere else to order this?

lexnewbi 02-25-19 08:18 PM

That’swhy Me and many other people do not order from that site.

Bearcat 02-25-19 10:40 PM

I get it as there is so much fraud. It appeared to have greater security than most sites I purchase states here in the US. I’m completely happy with my purchase.

shadowmite 02-26-19 06:36 AM

I didn't have to do any of that? I signed up via the phone app and it was pretty easy. Though my credit card denied the first try and I had to re-submit the order after informing them it was legit and to expect it.

Seller quickly asked for a pic from my car showing screen and joystick to ensure he got me shipped the right unit. so far so good.

ravenuer 02-26-19 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by decngb (Post 10451053)
Is there any trick to using Aliexpress the first time? They don't really seem to be interested in new customers. In order to use their site for ordering, I need to submit a picture of an ID and pictures of "at least one set of payment card and the bank statement." I can't say that I'm real excited about supplying that kind of stuff to a Chinese site.

A picture of my bank statement would be the LAST thing I'd ever put on a Chinese website. You'd have to be nutz!

qvtruong 02-26-19 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by decngb (Post 10451053)

I didn't have to do all that. I just signed up on mobile app and put in my cc to buy it.

shadowmite 02-26-19 01:52 PM

Couple questions while I wait for my package to come:
1) Have you tried wireless carplay mode? I'll assume this isn't going to work but that would be icing on the cake...
2) What integration to the car does android have? I saw one of your pics showed climate control settings from within the settings menu but not if they could be changed or not?

Can't wait to get mine and play.

qvtruong 02-26-19 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by shadowmite (Post 10451691)
Couple questions while I wait for my package to come:
1) Have you tried wireless carplay mode? I'll assume this isn't going to work but that would be icing on the cake...
2) What integration to the car does android have? I saw one of your pics showed climate control settings from within the settings menu but not if they could be changed or not?

Can't wait to get mine and play.

1. It’s wireless AirPlay mirroring, not CarPlay. Currently, there is no Android dongle to enable wireless CarPlay.

2. Yah it actually reflects the A/C status (not sure how). The only thing it won’t change is the temperature (it always shows LOW). The other A/C info is useful such as fan speed, A/C on/off/auto, cabin air or outside air...