RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2019 RX prices

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-19, 07:51 PM
vfr700f2
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Before we went out looking at cars, I had scheduled a call with Tom McParland to have him find us the best deal and save us a bunch of hassle, for a very reasonable fee. I wasn't expecting to talk money with any dealers. We intended to look at another CPO lease, not a new car.

So tonight I had that conversation with Tom. He agreed with the dealer that Lexus is no longer offering attractive deals on the CPO lease. And he said the offer we got was excellent, that possibly he could still find a lower price, but possibly not enough savings to cover his fee! He said he'd be happy to try, but if I was comfortable with the offer I had nothing to lose by accepting it. He said Lexus is trying hard to move cars right now, and that motivation, combined with Lexus' exceptional resale value, makes for potentially great lease deals -- if the dealer "gets it", that they know they need to make a good offer, or we'll leave and shop around for someone who will beat it.

The end result is we're getting a new car this week, and I'm here to tell you that Tom is a first class guy. If your dealer isn't making you a good offer, or you just want to avoid the whole shopping experience, get Tom to take care of it for you.

Happy Motoring!
kevin

edit: PS - one of the reasons Lexus isn't making good deals on CPO leases any more may be seen in my case. The residual on my 2015 CPO lease is $27466. That's about the dealer asking price for a comparable car now, so Lexus is way upside-down on it!

Last edited by vfr700f2; 02-10-19 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-14-19, 08:32 AM
tuandino
Pit Crew

Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by vfr700f2
Sorry for cross-posting. I put this in the leasing thread but it's pretty dead.

2019 RX350
MSRP $53753
sale price $48585
$1000 loyalty cash
$1000 lexus cash
45 month lease
15000 mi/yr
.00095 mf
TTF down
$559 per month

Atomic Silver/Stratus Gray
Blindspot/park assist/auto braking
Heated/vented seats
Heated wheel
Nav
Moonroof
Premium
Touchfree gate
Tow prep
Mats/flaps/crossbars

Thanks
kevin
Hi Kevin, congrats on the new ride. Quick question for you, does your monthly payment of 559 include tax? also how did you get the loyalty cash? I also leased a 19' RX450h f sport over the weekend in Orlando. MSRP is $62,299, lease payment is $599 with 9 MSDs down, 1st payment due up front, 39 months, 15k miles/year.
Old 02-14-19, 09:13 AM
vfr700f2
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

CT sales tax is included in the payment. I intended to pay that up front too, but I guess there was a misunderstanding, and I'm not motivated to do anything about it.

I paid 1st payment down too, forgot to say that. That's standard.

The loyalty cash is a Lexus promotion, I didn't have to do anything for it. Sounds like you got a great deal, though I don't know how the MSDs affect it. How much money is 9 MSDs? Are they refunded when you pay it off? If the car gets totalled and insurance pays Lexus, do you get them back?
The following users liked this post:
tuandino (02-20-19)
Old 02-14-19, 09:17 AM
tuandino
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by vfr700f2
CT sales tax is included in the payment. I intended to pay that up front too, but I guess there was a misunderstanding, and I'm not motivated to do anything about it.

I paid 1st payment down too, forgot to say that. That's standard.

The loyalty cash is a Lexus promotion, I didn't have to do anything for it. Sounds like you got a great deal, though I don't know how the MSDs affect it. How much money is 9 MSDs? Are they refunded when you pay it off? If the car gets totalled and insurance pays Lexus, do you get them back?
Yes, MSD is fully refundable at lease end. Max you can do is 9 MSDs and it brought the money factor from .001 to practically zero. In my case, its $5500 for 9 MSDs.

Last edited by tuandino; 02-14-19 at 09:20 AM.
Old 02-16-19, 01:46 PM
CHuntMD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We got 5000 off MSRP via USAA princing and another 1000 Lexus cash as we financed with a local credit union.

CEH in MD
Old 02-20-19, 12:29 PM
Gagadoll
Driver School Candidate

2019 RX, 54,389 MSRP, 7,389 off (including 1,000 Lexus rebate), good deal? Dealer’s first offer should I ask for a bigger discount?
Old 02-20-19, 12:53 PM
tuandino
Pit Crew

that equates to 13.5% discount which is very good during this time. I'm surprised that this is the dealer's first offer. In my case, dealers offered 6-8% off MSRP as their first offer. I shopped all over midwest area ranging from TX, OK, GA, NC, LA and FL. The car I bought has MSRP of $62,299. 450h F sport with white/red combo.
Old 02-20-19, 03:43 PM
Gagadoll
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tuandino
that equates to 13.5% discount which is very good during this time. I'm surprised that this is the dealer's first offer. In my case, dealers offered 6-8% off MSRP as their first offer. I shopped all over midwest area ranging from TX, OK, GA, NC, LA and FL. The car I bought has MSRP of $62,299. 450h F sport with white/red combo.
The one I’m looking at is white on black with 20” wheels. Should I try to get a bigger discount? I’d love to get 15% off MSRP, but not sure if that can be done. Has anyone successfully gotten 15% off MSRP? If so, where did you purchase your vehicle?
Old 02-20-19, 04:23 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Whatever crazy discount you get, make sure you ask if that includes any dealer installed accessories. I know of a dealership who offers great discounts, but then discloses that every vehicle on their lot is installed with protective coating which jacks up the price by 1k easy..lol. But the 13.5% is not bad, as we are approaching end of Q1 `19. You can push, worse they can is no, but knowing trends, they push down to 15% around end of the quarter to make the sales #s up.
Old 02-20-19, 04:24 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gagadoll

The one I’m looking at is white on black with 20” wheels. Should I try to get a bigger discount? I’d love to get 15% off MSRP, but not sure if that can be done. Has anyone successfully gotten 15% off MSRP? If so, where did you purchase your vehicle?
How long has the vehicle been on lot, check the door jamb production date to see (a Japan JT serial number is harder to figure due to transport times, but a CA 2T would be easy to figure out)
Old 02-20-19, 04:39 PM
Gagadoll
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by coolsaber
How long has the vehicle been on lot, check the door jamb production date to see (a Japan JT serial number is harder to figure due to transport times, but a CA 2T would be easy to figure out)
I’m only negotiating through emails at point, and probably won’t be able to find out until and if I go there. Just so I know, what are the benefits of knowing how long it’s been on the lot?
Old 02-20-19, 05:23 PM
tuandino
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Gagadoll

You can definitely aim for 15% off as we getting close to month end. As coolsaber mentioned, how long its been on the lot also plays a role in how willingly the dealership discount the car. The spec I wanted was pretty rare, I could only locate 4 from TX to FL. 3 of them were sold during my negotiation with the dealers. I ended up getting mine from Orlando 2 weeks ago. After the discount and rebate, i got roughly 13.5% off.
Old 02-22-19, 01:44 PM
wowwed
Driver School Candidate

Default RX450hL

Hello everyone!! I'm in the market for a new car. Been looking at a lot of different cars and I think I've settled on the Lexus RX450hL. Trying to do some research before I decided to get one. I looked at the two dealerships out here in Vegas they don't have any in stock! I checked a dealership out in CA and they only have one in stock. I have a few questions for those experienced car buyers. Are these cars not popular or they're too popular and they're hard to keep on the lot? How easy is it for a dealership to order the exact car you want and have it built? Is that even an available option to do that? Or does the dealership have a locate one that you like and have it shipped? I'm thinking about holding out until the 2020 model. I'm planning to make a purchase around October time frame. Thank you for all inputs.
Old 02-22-19, 01:48 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

I`ll follow up if this deal happens, but 19 lease with a 16% discount.
Old 02-22-19, 02:01 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

It varies by what options you want. Most of the time Lexus dealers are quite inflexible and will try to sell you what they have on the lot (most of these are specd to sell well), ordering is hard since you have to dedicate an allocation unit to a spec that might not sell, if you back out of a custom order.

In regards to if they sell well. Check out the inventory available on the dealership. If they have leftover 18s one can deduce they dont move in that area. If there down to one 19, it could be a super hot item, or the fact they have been trying to keep inventory low on a bad item.

You will not know till you try.

I would first start with the pricing, and see whose got the best deal on a comparable model. Once you have that, try and see if they`d order you one with your spec in mind. I`d rather start with the numbers and then spec.

Quick Reply: 2019 RX prices