RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2019 RX prices

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-19, 04:21 PM
Alexus415
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by eliana82
I’m in CA and in the market for the RX 450hL and I fell in love with the luxury package black interior. I also want it in atomic silver. I just looked through Lexus online inventory and the color scheme for this car is nearly impossible to find. I found what I’m looking for In Missouri. Does anyone know if what’s on the online inventory is in fact true? I’m obsessed with this car. I was at the dealer today negotiating and they said they would find the color for me but I am now doubtful. Also. Does anyone know if 4th of July deals will be better than the current May deals?
They can definitely order it for you but they won't give you a better deal. You're probably better off ordering it from lexus.com and build your own car. I think the L model is a next body type away. What person can really fit back there? The 450h is enough imo and saves you about 5k without the L
Old 05-19-19, 04:23 PM
Alexus415
Rookie

Anyone know why the eminent white pearl is not available in f sport? That was the deal breaker for me.
Old 05-20-19, 12:42 PM
JeffKeryk
Racer

Received 442 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by itsssmeee
We ended up with the regular RX 350 with:

MSRP: $57,xxx.

Sale price before Lexus Cash: $50,xxx

Sale price after Lexus Cash: $48,xxx

OTD: $53,xxx.

This RX is pretty loaded with 12.3 Inch Display with Nav, Panoramic View Camera, Mark Levinson, Vented seats, etc.

I contacted five dealers around the Bay: Serramonte, Putnam, Stevens Creek, Fremont, and Oakland.

Serramonte, Putnam, and Oakland all quoted me approximately the same sale price without the $2K Lexus cash.

Stevens Creek didn't match it until I notified them of my current offers and Fremont took too long to respond as we had to make a rush purchase.
I missed who won your business...
I found Stevens Creek to be kinda uppity; they match at the end.
I had the same experience as you.
I bought from Putnam in Redwood City.

So, who did you buy from?
Thanks!
Old 05-20-19, 04:14 PM
Alexus415
Rookie

We ended up with the regular RX 350 with:

MSRP: $57,xxx.

Sale price before Lexus Cash: $50,xxx

Sale price after Lexus Cash: $48,xxx

OTD: $53,xxx.

This RX is pretty loaded with 12.3 Inch Display with Nav, Panoramic View Camera, Mark Levinson, Vented seats, etc.

I contacted five dealers around the Bay: Serramonte, Putnam, Stevens Creek, Fremont, and Oakland.

Serramonte, Putnam, and Oakland all quoted me approximately the same sale price without the $2K Lexus cash.

Stevens Creek didn't match it until I notified them of my current offers and Fremont took too long to respond as we had to make a rush purchase.
Can you show us pix of your new Bae
Old 05-22-19, 08:12 PM
lnc
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alexus415
Anyone know why the eminent white pearl is not available in f sport? That was the deal breaker for me.
Lexus don’t offer all the color for the F Sport line, only 6 out of 11 available color in RX are selected for F Sport.

Probably because Lexus feels that Ultra White, a bespoke F Sport color is more sporty and better suited for F Sport than Eminent White Pearl.
Old 05-23-19, 04:31 PM
GG1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this a good deal for 2019 RX 350 F-Sport:

MSRP: $59705
Discount: $5155
Sale price: $54550 (before Lexus cash)

Should I ask for more off the sticker price? It is had to get a good discount in the NYC area.

Last edited by GG1; 05-23-19 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-26-19, 08:51 AM
thewinnerx
Driver School Candidate

I visited a dealership and found an interesting opportunity. They had RX350 2019 with the exact options I wanted and it was an old inventory with 230 days in their lot. (They got it in Oct 2018.)

MSRP is ~$58K and they offered 4K(7%) discount and 2K Lexus rebate. Not a good deal but I could feel that they were eager to sell this off. After seeing this thread I realized people get +10% discount even for the normal condition. I know a new car supposed to leave dealership lot within 30 days or in the worst case 60 days, otherwise it becomes a problem in their bottom line.

Have anyone had experience to buy an aging inventory for a new car? What was the range of discount? Was there any technical issues after sitting so long time in the lot?
Old 05-26-19, 09:05 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 465 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by thewinnerx
I visited a dealership and found an interesting opportunity. They had RX350 2019 with the exact options I wanted and it was an old inventory with 230 days in their lot. (They got it in Oct 2018.)
MSRP is ~$58K and they offered 4K(7%) discount and 2K Lexus rebate. Not a good deal but I could feel that they were eager to sell this off. After seeing this thread I realized people get +10% discount even for the normal condition. I know a new car supposed to leave dealership lot within 30 days or in the worst case 60 days, otherwise it becomes a problem in their bottom line.
Have anyone had experience to buy an aging inventory for a new car? What was the range of discount? Was there any technical issues after sitting so long time in the lot?
That does sound like a long time. Does it have an unusual combo of options or colors? But it does seem like you could be in the drivers seat as far as a deal is concerned. Patience may pay off here.
Old 05-26-19, 09:20 AM
thewinnerx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ravenuer
That does sound like a long time. Does it have an unusual combo of options or colors? But it does seem like you could be in the drivers seat as far as a deal is concerned. Patience may pay off here.
It has quite a few optionss but It does not seem an odd combination to me.

Nebular grey
Black leather interior
Nav +Mark Levinson
20" wheel
Blind spot monitoring with parking assistance
Cold weather
HUD
Heat/vent front seat
Panorama moonroof
Premium pkg
Touch free rear door
Towing prep
Heated steering wheel

Probably missing heated rear seats could be an issue for some people with this level of options.
Old 05-28-19, 08:18 PM
Alexus415
Rookie

Originally Posted by thewinnerx
It has quite a few optionss but It does not seem an odd combination to me.

Nebular grey
Black leather interior
Nav +Mark Levinson
20" wheel
Blind spot monitoring with parking assistance
Cold weather
HUD
Heat/vent front seat
Panorama moonroof
Premium pkg
Touch free rear door
Towing prep
Heated steering wheel

Probably missing heated rear seats could be an issue for some people with this level of options.
If it has the triple beam headlamps you should get it. In my dealerships i went to 3 the triple beam headlamps with panoramic roof was all on the 63k and up models. So 54k with what you get is a steal . If you take the lexus cash 2k instead of the 2.9 apr brings it down to 52k. Even if it is a 2018 model there's zero difference interior and out. i paid 51k for my hybrid semi loaded i would easily fork up the extra 3k for the pano roof and triple beam headlamps
Old 05-28-19, 08:45 PM
itsssmeee
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
I missed who won your business...
I found Stevens Creek to be kinda uppity; they match at the end.
I had the same experience as you.
I bought from Putnam in Redwood City.

So, who did you buy from?
Thanks!
Hey, we ended up buying at Serramonte. I got a bad impression from Stevens Creek too using the Costco Auto program because the guy I spoke to refused to give me a sale price until I told him I've received prices from other dealers. And even then, his price was not entirely competitive given they didn't have the vehicle we wanted. But, if he just came out with a number from the beginning, we might have considered his offer because we were in a hurry to buy - when he finally sent his offer, we were already signing paperwork at Serramonte.

In this day and age, I personally think they shouldn't play games. Give a price and if it's competitive, you get a deal. I got quotes from three dealers with OTD prices from two of them through email so there was not a need to go begging for a number from Stevens Creek.

We were going to buy at Putnam too but the vehicle we were looking at was damaged so we drove up to Serramonte and closed the deal up there since we were in a hurry to buy and they had the vehicle we wanted.

Last edited by itsssmeee; 05-28-19 at 09:01 PM.
Old 05-28-19, 08:52 PM
itsssmeee
Driver School Candidate

Can you show us pix of your new Bae
Hey, I don't have the car right now because we purchased it for my mom and I'm away for work! I'll try to snap some photos this weekend.

The car is definitely growing on me and ride comfort was amazing when I took it for a trip this weekend.

My biggest complaint would be that sorry a$$ of an infotainment system. It is pathetic that Lexus is still using such an awful system in 2019.

I personally would not buy a Lexus as my daily driver until they switch it out with something more user-friendly and efficient. Navigating through that system actually pissed me off. Lol.

Last edited by itsssmeee; 05-28-19 at 09:03 PM.
Old 05-28-19, 11:04 PM
Alexus415
Rookie

Hey, I don't have the car right now because we purchased it for my mom and I'm away for work! I'll try to snap some photos this weekend.

The car is definitely growing on me and ride comfort was amazing when I took it for a trip this weekend.

My biggest complaint would be that sorry a$$ of an infotainment system. It is pathetic that Lexus is still using such an awful system in 2019.

I personally would not buy a Lexus as my daily driver until they switch it out with something more user-friendly and efficient. Navigating through that system actually pissed me off. Lol.
Try dumbing down the sensitivity of the car mouse pad it helps a billion. I can see them adding some type of new infotainment for 2020 but you have to get it with some unnecessary crap packages that makes your car 5k more on top just to get something that will come standard in a couple years.
Old 05-29-19, 08:42 AM
itsssmeee
Driver School Candidate

Try dumbing down the sensitivity of the car mouse pad it helps a billion. I can see them adding some type of new infotainment for 2020 but you have to get it with some unnecessary crap packages that makes your car 5k more on top just to get something that will come standard in a couple years.

Thank you for the hint. I will try that when I get the chance!

And I agree, that will most likely be the case. Lol
Old 06-01-19, 12:05 AM
uisynot
Driver School Candidate

Default Adding my data point

Just leaving the info here because this thread was helpful when negotiating. I feel I may have been able to do a bit better but the color combo was strict. My advice would be to aim for 15% off MSRP (with lexus cash included) as a good price point. If you get more than 15% you are golden and if you are getting less, you would need to decide if the options and color combo are worth the discount you may be able to get at different dealer.

MSRP $53,5XX
Negotiated price: $47,XXX
Price after $2k Lexus rebate: $45,XXX
Final OTD price with all taxes/fees: $50,000

And don't forget the 2020 RX refresh is dropping in about 2-3 months from now so the dealers may be itching to get rid of the non refreshed models between now and then.

Last edited by uisynot; 06-01-19 at 12:16 AM.

Quick Reply: 2019 RX prices