RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2017 RX450H F-Sport brake squeak

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-18, 02:43 PM
abgs350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 RX450H F-Sport brake squeak

Hi all. Just bought a pre-owned 2017 RX450H F-sport w/ 13K miles fully loaded. Had a couple minor issues.. some of which have been resolved. My current issue is the brake pedal SOMETIMES squeaks when releasing the brake pedal (see youtube link below.. excuse the leg). Service center at first couldn't replicate the problem after they drove my car for 30 minutes .. took the above video and now they'll take action. They suggested to flush the brake lines first to see if that solves the problem. I'm thinking it won't... have any of you guys had this issue? Thanks.

Other minor issues:
Rear squeak over speed bumps: solved by lexus by lubricating the rear trailing arm bushings... should I be concerned here about this only being possibly temporary?

Driver side mirror: I saw a few posts on this but no fixes... the driver side vibrates while driving while the passenger mirror doesn't move at all. Anybody had any luck fixing this?

Thanks guys
Old 07-05-18, 08:03 AM
javapro
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by abgs350
Hi all. Just bought a pre-owned 2017 RX450H F-sport w/ 13K miles fully loaded. Had a couple minor issues.. some of which have been resolved. My current issue is the brake pedal SOMETIMES squeaks when releasing the brake pedal (see youtube link below.. excuse the leg). Service center at first couldn't replicate the problem after they drove my car for 30 minutes .. took the above video and now they'll take action. They suggested to flush the brake lines first to see if that solves the problem. I'm thinking it won't... have any of you guys had this issue? Thanks.

2017 RX450H F-Sport Brake Squeak

Other minor issues:
Rear squeak over speed bumps: solved by lexus by lubricating the rear trailing arm bushings... should I be concerned here about this only being possibly temporary?

Driver side mirror: I saw a few posts on this but no fixes... the driver side vibrates while driving while the passenger mirror doesn't move at all. Anybody had any luck fixing this?

Thanks guys
As far as the driver side mirror vibration goes, I've had it on all my 3 RXs including the 3rd generation one. It is only noticeable when going over bumps. I've read some posts on this forum that some got the dealer to replace the bracket holding the mirror but it didn't help much. It looks like a design flaw which I was hoping Lexus would fix on the 4th generation but they didn't. I learned to live with it since it's not something you constantly look at it so it's only a minor thing.
Old 07-05-18, 01:15 PM
abgs350
Driver School Candidate

Thanks javapro! To top it off I noticed another issue:

1.) The driver side rear window motor is much louder than the rest of the windows when going up. So disappointed to be running into these minor issues. Anybody have this issue too? I'm dropping our car off to lexus tomorrow for the brake flush. Hopefully they can replace/fix the window motor as well..

2.) For those with panaromic roofs--- does your roof shade ever bunch/scunch up slightly at the rear end of the vehicle when opening the shade?

Don't mean to be picky but like I said... all previous Lexus' have never had these types of issues after years and years of use. Thankfully warranty is still there.. we decided to forego CPO but now I am starting to wonder if I should get extended warranty..
Old 07-09-18, 02:37 PM
abgs350
Driver School Candidate

To anyone that faces this issue in the future: looks like it's similar to the situation of the 3rd gen RX hybrid owners in this thread. Guess it does kinda sound like a seal squawk/bark
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hyb...-actuator.html
flushing/bleeding the brake lines did nothing... squeak still apparent. Luckily I didn't have to waste time as they admitted via call that the noise was still there They are going to replace the brake booster and I hope that fixes everything.

Regarding the window--- they noticed the loudness of the motor and replaced the window actuator on the rear driver side window.

Regarding the vibrating mirror---- the 2018 450H loaner they gave me does this too. Not sure why Lexus has not addressed the drive side view mirror vibration in years...

Regarding the panoramic roof-- unfortunately my loaner doesn't have the roof to compare. I'll have to check the dealership though the service center says its normal. Seems fine but I sometimes see the fabric bunch/scrunch up slightly when retracting the shade.

All done under warranty.
Old 06-11-19, 09:18 AM
abgs350
Driver School Candidate

Hi Guys. With my warranty running out in August--- I'm trying to get this fixed. My brakes still SOMETIMES make this noise when letting go of the brake pedal. The dealer has tried flushing the brakes after they "CONFIRMED AIR IN BRAKE ACTUATOR" causing the noise. This DID not fix the problem. Any reccomendations? They claim they already replaced the brake actuator as well.. from notes "~ ~BRAKE ACTUATOR MAKING NOISE ~REPLACED BRAKE ACTUATOR WITH NEW ONE AND BLED SYSTEM".
Old 06-11-19, 09:38 PM
GSFRX350
Advanced

Received 154 Likes on 123 Posts

Curious, where is yours made, Canada or Japan.
Old 06-13-19, 03:43 PM
abgs350
Driver School Candidate

CANADA! .... so many minor things fixed.. and my mistake. Forgot warranty is 4 YEARS! So... i've got until 2021 or 50K miles to resolve.. the dealership must hate me at this point (multiple trips complaining about the same thing)
Old 06-13-19, 07:35 PM
GSFRX350
Advanced

Received 154 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by abgs350
CANADA! .... so many minor things fixed.. and my mistake. Forgot warranty is 4 YEARS! So... i've got until 2021 or 50K miles to resolve.. the dealership must hate me at this point (multiple trips complaining about the same thing)
I feel for you guys over there, this is basically a great car but I really think they have quality issues with that Canadian plant, seen some very sloppy finishing of the cars on this forum. I'm in Australia and we only get Japan built cars and all the quality issues are just not evident here. Good luck with yours and don't worry about hassling the dealership, they need to fix these things, Lexus pays for it under warranty so maybe they'll rectify their production processes if it costs them too much.