RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Why all cars that are in stock at local dealership do not have HUD option...

Old 06-20-18, 03:59 PM
ellisina4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why all cars that are in stock at local dealership do not have HUD option...

This is kind of crazy... this was an option that was readily available on Gen 3 RX350 and now, to get HUD, it pretty much has to be a custom order. Most of the cars of RX350 caliber/price range have color heads up display as standard or part of a popular package.
Am I missing something?
Thank you for the feedback.
Old 06-20-18, 04:28 PM
goto35
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

i agree. its only a $600 option. Yet only in the $55-60k msrp ones.

totally messued up. which is even worse for the used market. basically hud is impossible in the used market.
Old 06-20-18, 04:47 PM
ellisina4
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by goto35
i agree. its only a $600 option. Yet only in the $55-60k msrp ones.

totally messed up. which is even worse for the used market. basically hud is impossible in the used market.
I am trying to get non-F Sport model for my family member and RX350 AWD under $60k = no HUD. Once you get to $61k with Luxury package, then it is a possibility... unfortunately, I hate 20" luxury package wheels.
Old 06-20-18, 05:29 PM
EXE46
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Lexus dealers package the cars wrong, for example, in my region, they order 90% of the cars with the lame parchment interior which I hate, no Noble Brown. If you want triple beam LED, NAVI and premium package etc, you have to spend over 60k on the RXH . I build an RXH with Premium package, Triple Beam LED, Navi, BSM/RCT and moon-roof for 55K. Not everybody wants ML or rear heated seats or Pano roof.

I am seriously considering doing a custom order since I have not seen any RXH being sold with triple beam LED for less than 60K since those cars all have ML and heated rear seats which I see no value in.
Old 06-20-18, 06:23 PM
ellisina4
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by EXE46
Lexus dealers package the cars wrong, for example, in my region, they order 90% of the cars with the lame parchment interior which I hate, no Noble Brown. If you want triple beam LED, NAVI and premium package etc, you have to spend over 60k on the RXH . I build an RXH with Premium package, Triple Beam LED, Navi, BSM/RCT and moon-roof for 55K. Not everybody wants ML or rear heated seats or Pano roof.

I am seriously considering doing a custom order since I have not seen any RXH being sold with triple beam LED for less than 60K since those cars all have ML and heated rear seats which I see no value in.
I agree... I gave up on the triple beam headlights as there is no way to get under $60k sticker with HUD and triple beam headlights without custom order.
Issue is, I was just advised that Lexus stopped taking custom orders on MY2018 and you cant even order MY2019 until a month from now... then 3-4 month wait. No one likes taking possession of a new car during cold and snowy winter.
Old 06-20-18, 09:05 PM
NewToLexi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ellisina4
I agree... I gave up on the triple beam headlights as there is no way to get under $60k sticker with HUD and triple beam headlights without custom order.
Issue is, I was just advised that Lexus stopped taking custom orders on MY2018 and you cant even order MY2019 until a month from now... then 3-4 month wait. No one likes taking possession of a new car during cold and snowy winter.
you just need to negotiate the price. Print out all the options you want and offer a lowball price for it. Worked for me and we even had to custom order my wife’s car. Fully loaded 450h f sport and we only paid $56,200 (that included the $1,500 incentives from Lexus). The only down fall is that we had to wait 3 months for delivery but it came and it’s exactly what the wife wanted.
Old 06-20-18, 09:09 PM
richard203
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 104 Posts

what did u custom order if you don't mind I asking? cuz I paid 60.8k for it
Old 06-23-18, 12:54 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

My 2016 RX350 had a sticker of $56K and had HUD and a pano roof among other options. It was from stock so some of the non-luxury cars are coming with HUD. That said, I now wish my car had neither the HUD or the pano roof. The HUD is virtually invisible with polarized sun glasses which I wear all the time for daylight driving. Even when off, the well for the HUD creates an annoying reflection at the base of the windshield. The pano roof lets in too much heat even with the shade closed.
The following users liked this post:
RGSW (06-23-18)
Old 06-25-18, 06:50 AM
NewToLexi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by richard203
what did u custom order if you don't mind I asking? cuz I paid 60.8k for it
it’s a 2018 RX 450h F Sport with every option except the HUD (I don’t think $600 is worth the option). The MSRP was $62,480 but not what I paid lol
Old 06-25-18, 06:56 AM
NewToLexi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by oldcajun
My 2016 RX350 had a sticker of $56K and had HUD and a pano roof among other options. It was from stock so some of the non-luxury cars are coming with HUD. That said, I now wish my car had neither the HUD or the pano roof. The HUD is virtually invisible with polarized sun glasses which I wear all the time for daylight driving. Even when off, the well for the HUD creates an annoying reflection at the base of the windshield. The pano roof lets in too much heat even with the shade closed.
I totally agree with you on the HUD. I don’t find it useful and the $600 price tag doesn’t appeal to me. With that said though, I’ve loved every other option we got including the pano roof. Sure there is a little more heat (barely noticeable) but the light opens up the cab and gives a feeling of more openness and brightens up the red/black interior. I absolutely love the pano roof and will no longer ever buy a vehicle without it. Overall, the options are well worth the cost and leaves little room for buyers remorse.
Old 06-25-18, 07:18 AM
EXE46
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by NewToLexi

it’s a 2018 RX 450h F Sport with every option except the HUD (I don’t think $600 is worth the option). The MSRP was $62,480 but not what I paid lol
That is a great deal, which dealer was this? How was the negotiation process?
Old 06-25-18, 04:03 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by NewToLexi

The HUD is extremely useful on the 450h. The HUD has all the pertinent information including how hard you need to brake for maximum energy regeneration. You basically stop looking at the speedometer cluster. Without the HUD you'd have to look down to see if you're braking too hard.

The heated steering wheel is the least useful in my opinion. It barely puts out any heat.
Old 06-25-18, 06:57 PM
FiveSeven
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

bought ours brand new fully loaded ultra luxury with HUD for 51,600 + fees.

White with black interior (very hard to find)

Fully loaded with every single option:
-ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS (2Q)
-PANORAMIC VIEW MONITOR[PANVIEW2], BLIND SPOT MONITOR[BSMS4] WITH REAR CROSS-TRAFFIC BRAKING AND POWER-FOLDING ELECTROCHROMIC OUTSIDE MIRRORS (BP)
-COLOR HEADS-UP DISPLAY (GF)
-TOUCH-FREE POWER OPEN/CLOSE REAR DOOR[TOUCHFREE] (HF)
-HEATED AND VENTILATED FRONT SEATS (HS)
-PREMIUM TRIPLE-BEAM LED HEADLAMPS WITH WASHERS AND DYNAMIC AUTO-LEVELING, AND LED CORNERING LAMPS (IN)
-LUXURY PACKAGE (LL)
  1. 20-INCH SPLIT-FIVE-SPOKE ALLOY WHEELS
  2. WITH SUPERCHROME MACHINED FINISH AND INTERCHANGEABLE PAINTED INSERTS
  3. DRIVER'S-SEAT POWER CUSHION EXTENDER AND FOUR-WAY POWER LUMBAR SUPPORT
  4. SEMI-ANILINE, PERFORATED LEATHER TRIMMED INTERIOR
  5. REAR ARMREST STORAGE COMPARTMENT
  6. RAIN-SENSING WIPERS
  7. MANUAL REAR-DOOR SUNSHADES
  8. ILLUMINATED DOOR SILLS
  9. HEATED WOOD- AND LEATHER-TRIMMED STEERING WHEEL
  10. ELECTROCHROMIC OUTSIDE MIRRORS
  11. GRAY SAPELE WOOD WITH ALUMINUM INTERIOR TRIM
  12. ROOF RAILS
  13. AMBIENT LIGHTING
  14. LEXUS MEMORY SYSTEM
-PANORAMA GLASS ROOF (MR)
-NAVIGATION/MARK LEVINSON PREMIUM AUDIO PACKAGE (NM)
15-speaker Mark Levinson Premium Surround Sound Audio[*] System, Navigation System[*] with 12.3-inch color multimedia display, Lexus Enform App Suite[*] and more.
  1. MARK LEVINSON PREMIUM SURROUND SOUND AUDIO SYSTEM
  2. IN-DASH DVD/CD PLAYER
  3. LEXUS ENFORM DESTINATIONS
  4. NAVIGATION SYSTEM
  5. LEXUS ENFORM APP SUITE
  6. REMOTE TOUCH
  7. CLIMATE CONTROL SMOG SENSOR

-Preferred Accessory Package: Trunk mat, cargo net & wheel locks (Z1)

MSRP: $58,709
Paid: $51,600 +fees
Discount: $7,109

purchased on 05/09/2017
Old 06-26-18, 12:15 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by FiveSeven

White with black interior (very hard to find)

Fully loaded with every single option:
Congrats! Is it a hybrid or regular?

Did you get Lexus Safety System+, Cold Package, Power Folding Heated Rear Seats, and Rear Seat Entertainment system too? If so you got a great deal.
Old 06-28-18, 04:58 PM
NewToLexi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FiveSeven

MSRP: $58,709
Paid: $51,600 +fees
Discount: $7,109

purchased on 05/09/2017
Congrats, that’s a great deal. We chose ultra white with red interior which wasn’t available anywhere so we had to custom order it. Finding the right color can be hardest part lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why all cars that are in stock at local dealership do not have HUD option...