ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-2022-273/)
-   -   Factory Service Providers (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-2022/891596-factory-service-providers.html)

RLM 06-14-18 04:39 PM

Factory Service Providers

I do not live near a Lexus dealer. On my 2016 Lexus 450H my 15000 mile service is due.

I have the list for the service items for the service. Who can I use to provide the service so I do NOT hurt my warranty.

I was told I could use someone like Jiffy Lube to do warranty approved service.

My only complain with Lexus is the frequency of their punitive maintenance service program to provide a bunch of checks, and an oil change with excessive charges.

Comments?

mikemu30 06-14-18 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by RLM (Post 10224733)
I do not live near a Lexus dealer. On my 2016 Lexus 450H my 15000 mile service is due.

I have the list for the service items for the service. Who can I use to provide the service so I do NOT hurt my warranty.

My only complain with Lexus is the frequency of their punitive maintenance service program to provide a bunch of checks, and an oil change with excessive charges.

Comments?

skip the check this and check that - those are merely dealer revenue generators. On the other hand, do you really want Jiffy lube touching your RX😨😨. I'm willing to pay the dealer to change the oil just to have it on record.

tomtom74 06-14-18 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by RLM (Post 10224733)

Comments?

Just take to local Toyota for oil change and other maintenance service, and Toyota will record it.. On 15,000 miles service, they will inspect a few different things, but main thing is to rotate tires so just do it yourself or take to local tire shop for that, and you can record yourself for tire rotation on Lexus website.

Freds430 06-15-18 03:39 AM

The 15,000 miles checkup is a tire rotation and and bunch of items you do not need inspected. Go anyway and get a tire rotation.

Every 10,000 miles an oil change and tire rotation is needed. At the Lexus dealership this should be less than $100. Every 30,000 miles the brake fluid needs to be changed and again about $100. Every 20,000 miles change the air and cabin filters. This combined takes five minutes and the air filter can be bought on line at Lexus Parts World for $18. The cabin air filter can be bought at Walmart for $18, It is the Fram Fresh Breeze #10285 with carbon and baking soda to filter the air. Wiper blade inserts again can be bought at Lexus Parts World for $20 for both refills and takes five minutes to replace. You are done until 100,000 miles. At Lexus Parts World use cl5 in the promo code for 10% discount. If you go in and ask for the 10,000, 15,000, 20,000 30,000 maintenance you will be paying big bucks for a lot more items you do not need checked and inspected. Once a year replace the key fob battery cr2032. Keep receipts for everything. I take my oil filter and 5 quart jug of Mobil 1 purchased at Walmart for $24 to my local Toyota dealer and they charge me $20 labor. This has worked for me with both our cars for way over a million miles.

GSFRX350 06-15-18 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Freds430 (Post 10225068)
The 15,000 miles checkup is a tire rotation and and bunch of items you do not need inspected. Go anyway and get a tire rotation.

Every 10,000 miles an oil change and tire rotation is needed. At the Lexus dealership this should be less than $100. Every 30,000 miles the brake fluid needs to be changed and again about $100. Every 20,000 miles change the air and cabin filters. This combined takes five minutes and the air filter can be bought on line at Lexus Parts World for $18. The cabin air filter can be bought at Walmart for $18, It is the Fram Fresh Breeze #10285 with carbon and baking soda to filter the air. Wiper blade inserts again can be bought at Lexus Parts World for $20 for both refills and takes five minutes to replace. You are done until 100,000 miles. At Lexus Parts World use cl5 in the promo code for 10% discount. If you go in and ask for the 10,000, 15,000, 20,000 30,000 maintenance you will be paying big bucks for a lot more items you do not need checked and inspected. Once a year replace the key fob battery cr2032. Keep receipts for everything. I take my oil filter and 5 quart jug of Mobil 1 purchased at Walmart for $24 to my local Toyota dealer and they charge me $20 labor. This has worked for me with both our cars for way over a million miles.

I went to Sydney City Lexus for the 30,000 km service - charged over $700....I was screwed. That air filter was $168.00!

ravenuer 06-15-18 08:13 AM

I second tomtom's suggestion. And NO, don't ever take anything to a jiffy lube. Ever. Trust me.

coolbrazz 06-18-18 08:54 AM

No Jiffy Lube or similar oil changing shops. Check to see if a Toyota dealership is close by. Agree that some of these things you can do yourself to save money but some folks just don’t have the time. I purchase all OEM parts on Amazon and take them with me to my Lexus dealer to install on my service appts. Toyota’s labor is a little cheaper I go there depending on what I need done. Just a note, my Lexus dealer will only install OEM parts to honor the warranty.