RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Cracked dividers inside grill

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-18, 09:20 PM
Dannygmz40
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cracked dividers inside grill

Newbie here, just wanted to see if anyone noticed this on Lexus RX350 or any of the lexus.Is this something i should consider replacing if it is replacable ? Thank you
Old 05-24-18, 05:02 AM
salimshah

Received 996 Likes on 900 Posts

post a picture, so that folks can give you better advice.

If it is hidden and provides structural (grill and not the vehicle) strength, epoxy can be a good solution.

Salim
Old 05-24-18, 05:31 AM
Dannygmz40
Driver School Candidate

Default Cracked Dividers inside front grill

Thanks for your response, theres about 4 of these vent looking things completely ripped from the grill.

As shown on this picture is really something that you can't see ,just not sure what are the purpose of them, was thinking of either taking them off completely later on or just replacing the grill completely later on. I live in ny and as you can see by the bump shox it seems like it protecting the grills paint although is completely plastic.
Old 05-24-18, 06:14 AM
salimshah

Received 996 Likes on 900 Posts

They are for structural integrity of the grill.

I would epoxy them in place and park couple of inches away from what ever bumped the front grill

If you are purist, go for the replacement of the grill .. too much work and too pricy and only works till the next bump happens. Some times other folks back into your parked RX too.

Nice ride

Salim
Old 05-24-18, 06:23 AM
Dannygmz40
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by salimshah
They are for structural integrity of the grill.

I would epoxy them in place and park couple of inches away from what ever bumped the front grill

If you are purist, go for the replacement of the grill .. too much work and too pricy and only works till the next bump happens. Some times other folks back into your parked RX too.

Nice ride

Salim
Thank you, for the recommendations I will try and get this glued. I will thinking of Installing this front guard but it's between protection over looks.

Front Guard protection on a Rx 350
Old 05-24-18, 02:40 PM
CharmCtyIS
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Dannygmz40
Thank you, for the recommendations I will try and get this glued. I will thinking of Installing this front guard but it's between protection over looks.

I'm installing one of those next week. It will definitely help out in city parking.
Old 05-24-18, 05:27 PM
GSFRX350
Advanced

Received 154 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Dannygmz40

The thing with a bar like that is it won't help with a higher vehicle (truck) backing into you - tow bars on other cars too car be a problem, some people just don't care about others.
Old 05-24-18, 10:43 PM
lilboi
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, I'd recommend using epoxy (or jbweld) to repair it; it's so far deep that no one but you will ever see/notice it.
If you want to replace it, the entire top portion of the grill is replaceable. I actually have an extra one since I did a front end conversion; PM me if you're interested.
Old 05-25-18, 07:01 AM
gottabekin
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Danny, your license plate frame is the probable cause of your grill breaking. It sticks out and is putting all the force onto the grill when someone bumps into the car while parking. The grill is not build for that, the bumper is.
Old 05-26-18, 09:40 AM
Dannygmz40
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GSFRX350
The thing with a bar like that is it won't help with a higher vehicle (truck) backing into you - tow bars on other cars too car be a problem, some people just don't care about others.

yes I believe that's what happen in this situation, there's not a single scratch on the Front Grill.
Old 05-26-18, 09:43 AM
Dannygmz40
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lilboi
Yeah, I'd recommend using epoxy (or jbweld) to repair it; it's so far deep that no one but you will ever see/notice it.
If you want to replace it, the entire top portion of the grill is replaceable. I actually have an extra one since I did a front end conversion; PM me if you're interested.
It bothers me knowing that is there. But if is not going to conflict and cause any issues later down the road I'll rather keep it this way, theres no true guard that can protect this unfortunately
Old 05-26-18, 09:45 AM
Dannygmz40
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gottabekin
Danny, your license plate frame is the probable cause of your grill breaking. It sticks out and is putting all the force onto the grill when someone bumps into the car while parking. The grill is not build for that, the bumper is.
This is what I was thinking, since no scratches on the actual front grill. It must be that bump shox absorbs the impact but is putting stress on the grill while doing so.