RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Noise coming from CD Player

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-18, 07:38 PM
fk9024
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise coming from CD Player

Hello, I have a 2017 RX350 F-Sport with the Mark Levinson radio. Shortly after taking ownership of the vehicle, I noticed a high-pitched scratching noise which appeared to be coming from the radio (please see attached video). The dealership replaced the radio, but the noise persists. At this point, they have no idea what is causing the noise and will not investigate any further since they cannot reproduce the noise consistently. The noise seems to occur on longer drives (over 45 minutes) and can last an hour or more. It occurs if the radio is on or off and if there is a CD in the player or if there is not. Please let me know if you have and ideas what could be causing this.

The noise is present when the video starts, then stops at 0:03 seconds. It begins again at 0:12 seconds and continues throughout the remainder of the video. It is a high pitched scratching sound - almost like the CD player is searching/scanning a CD although there is no CD in the player when the video was taken.

Thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: mpg
Noise from CD Player.mpg (3.69 MB, 161 views)
Old 04-27-18, 05:15 AM
GSFRX350
Advanced

Received 154 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by fk9024
Hello, I have a 2017 RX350 F-Sport with the Mark Levinson radio. Shortly after taking ownership of the vehicle, I noticed a high-pitched scratching noise which appeared to be coming from the radio (please see attached video). The dealership replaced the radio, but the noise persists. At this point, they have no idea what is causing the noise and will not investigate any further since they cannot reproduce the noise consistently. The noise seems to occur on longer drives (over 45 minutes) and can last an hour or more. It occurs if the radio is on or off and if there is a CD in the player or if there is not. Please let me know if you have and ideas what could be causing this.

The noise is present when the video starts, then stops at 0:03 seconds. It begins again at 0:12 seconds and continues throughout the remainder of the video. It is a high pitched scratching sound - almost like the CD player is searching/scanning a CD although there is no CD in the player when the video was taken.

Thank you!
I have the same car and there is a whirring noise coming from the radio/CD player area - this is with no CD in and car not running (only on accessory). Noise is not as high pitched as yours though.