RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

What is your 4RX single most favorite feature

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-18, 03:53 AM
greatalok
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like the adaptive cruise control and I use it daily to my 20 miles commute to work.
Old 01-18-19, 10:13 PM
for3v3rz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I only drove mine twice so far. I been using the Enform a lot. Checking the status and lock/unlock the car. The panoramic view was an option I wanted and it makes parking so much easier in the city. The ML sound system is nice but I can’t really tell the difference. The only con is the trunk space is much smaller than the highlander. The panoramic moon roof looks nice but I haven’t found an after market cross bar that fits yet. If anyone has one, please let me know the brand.
Old 01-19-19, 08:48 AM
SCRXOwner
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

From top to bottom.......
HUD
Triple Beams
ISC
Cruise Control
BSM
Paddle Shift
F-Sport guages
F-Sport Wheels
SPORT + Mode
Cross Traffic Alert
Birds-Eye View
smooth and solid ride
Pano Roof
MD Music System
Touch Free rear hatch
Navigation

Last edited by SCRXOwner; 01-29-19 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-19-19, 08:50 AM
Hubs
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Being able to get in and start the car with my key in my pocket.
Old 01-19-19, 04:28 PM
GSFRX350
Advanced

Received 154 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by for3v3rz
I only drove mine twice so far. I been using the Enform a lot. Checking the status and lock/unlock the car. The panoramic view was an option I wanted and it makes parking so much easier in the city. The ML sound system is nice but I can’t really tell the difference. The only con is the trunk space is much smaller than the highlander. The panoramic moon roof looks nice but I haven’t found an after market cross bar that fits yet. If anyone has one, please let me know the brand.
With the ML system I would turn off surround sound, make sure the bass/treble is correct and don't judge the sound from radio or Bluetooth, use good source material. If the quality of sound going in is not great all the system does is amplify the poor sound.
Old 01-21-19, 09:15 PM
ut2sua
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by GSFRX350
With the ML system I would turn off surround sound, make sure the bass/treble is correct and don't judge the sound from radio or Bluetooth, use good source material. If the quality of sound going in is not great all the system does is amplify the poor sound.
ML claimed that even if you feed in poor sound, the sound will come out great (Clarity - or something like that), but I found that I need to turn on at higher volume to compensate for poorer sound sources. For now, I don't see the effect that was claimed by ML. The professionals seem to like it with more "stage" present. Common folks like myself feel that there is a lack of bass, mid-range. If the volume is turned on high enough, it will probably make everything sounds better since it does seem to have plenty of power.
Old 01-21-19, 09:23 PM
ut2sua
Pole Position

Originally Posted by greatalok
I really like the adaptive cruise control and I use it daily to my 20 miles commute to work.
I like the dynamic cruise control too. In stop and go traffic, with 1 bar for the distance, the RX does a good job of keep on driving even when the speed temporarily hit zero for a fraction of a second. I can reach for my cup of coffee and can afford to ignore traffic for 1/3 of a second knowing that the car will stop and/or steer for me if needed. I don't have issue with the lane centering feature which will try to keep the car in the lane a bit more aggressive than without the cruise control activated. In bad traffic, this feature really takes the stress from driving in stop and go traffic away.
Old 01-21-19, 09:29 PM
ut2sua
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jeffgdula
Panoramic view monitor. My wife had it in her 2011 Infiniti EX35 and really missed it in her 2014 ES300h.
I like the pano view more and more. It is simply a great feature. I miss it every time I drive my wife ES which doesn't have the pano view.
I know that going forward, driving any car without the pano view will be a lesser experience for me.
Old 01-24-19, 12:23 AM
qvtruong
Pole Position

Received 66 Likes on 34 Posts

I like
1. adaptive cruise control & lane keep assist (so useful in stop and go traffic on LA freeway, less stress),
2. pano birds eye view (backing up has never been easier, everyone in my office is impressed why I always back in perfectly in the middle and do it so fast),
3. HUD (never look down again),
4. touch-free rear door (less messy hand when it's raining and the rear get dirty
Old 01-26-19, 06:38 PM
Graham6215
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ut2sua
For me, favorite feature is the 12'3 Nav screen and the dash design. I was against that screen design before owning the 4RX (thought it felt like an after thought versus a much more integrated design in the 3RX). After owning the 4RX a few weeks, I realized the intention of the designer: this design makes the dash feels a lot roomier. Now I appreciate that roominess.
Lease favorite: they took the cup holder on the left of the steering wheel away!!! Most don't care for it, but for me, it is personal, and I miss that little cup holder.

i also badly miss the “square” cup holder to the left of the steering wheel. I had told my salesman when I bought my 2013, that was a deal maker because it perfectly fit my Fiji water bottles! When I bought my 2016, I was super upset it was no longer there. :-(
Old 03-05-19, 12:54 PM
HontoKuro
Pole Position

Received 126 Likes on 82 Posts

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this but one really unnecessary but really cool and visually useful feature is the garage door icon/up/down arrow direction integrated inside the rear view mirror and actually knows and indicates if your garage is opening or closing by up or down arrow direction. I just noticed this today and had no idea even after I had programmed it.
Old 03-05-19, 05:38 PM
ut2sua
Pole Position

After one year, I like the Sport/Sport+ option more and more. It is like having 2 different car personalities, and you can choose depending on the driving mood/situation.
Old 03-05-19, 07:45 PM
1Louder
Intermediate

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

I'm only a couple weeks in and love every part of the car so far, but I'm having the most fun with they hybrid system (2016 450h F-Sport). I was one of the earlier owners when hybrids first came on the market - owned a 2002 Civic hybrid for 5 years. I enjoyed getting all the mpg out of it as I could. But it didn't have an EV mode like the 450h, which I think is fun. Cruise around a parking lot not making a sound, and I like to see how far I can get the car to go on all electric when driving. I managed 31.5 mpg on the first tank. It's the techno-geek in me.

The headlights that illuminate to the side when you turn the wheel are cool too. I think the large display is also a favorite - easily twice the size of my IS.
Old 03-06-19, 04:13 AM
Freds430
Pole Position

Received 1,056 Likes on 692 Posts

No way can pick one.
Blind spot monitoring
large split nav screen
29 mpg combined since purchasing 15,000 miles ago (hybrid) get 32 mpg on all highway
bamboo wood accents
Brown dash, doors carpet etc.
dash layout
exterior looks

Only thing I would change is the black plastic around the wheel wells
Old 03-06-19, 05:02 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

The side light that lits when turning or signaling, we know if there are obstacles or pedestrians on the side that could be in complete darkness.
The street lighting is very dim where I live, and sometime I saw someone walking the dog right where I was turning!