RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

What is your 4RX single most favorite feature

Old 04-04-18, 05:51 PM
ut2sua
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

For me, favorite feature is the 12'3 Nav screen and the dash design. I was against that screen design before owning the 4RX (thought it felt like an after thought versus a much more integrated design in the 3RX). After owning the 4RX a few weeks, I realized the intention of the designer: this design makes the dash feels a lot roomier. Now I appreciate that roominess.
Lease favorite: they took the cup holder on the left of the steering wheel away!!! Most don't care for it, but for me, it is personal, and I miss that little cup holder.
Old 04-05-18, 03:47 AM
JSracer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by crf3973
Favorite- the look of the F sport trim in ultra white with the triple beam headlights. It’s the best looking SUV currently available IMO...

least favorite- I know it’s mjnor, but it really bugs me that the full menu on the infotainment system is so restricted when the vehicle is moving... this should be optional to turn on or off...
at least 2 options to fix that issue, in motion bypass
Old 04-05-18, 05:14 AM
crf3973
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JSracer
at least 2 options to fix that issue, in motion bypass
I has no idea that was a thing, not worth almost $200 to me though... regardless, thanks for the idea!
Old 04-05-18, 06:10 AM
dwayneir
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 12 nav screen is one of my favorite features. I like that I can have the map up "and" a panel showing the XM info. In the past, I was always flipping back and forth between map and radio so that I could see "who did this song?" "
Old 04-05-18, 09:14 AM
SoCalRX
Intermediate

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

Favorite: Fuel economy (450h)

Least Favorite: Adjusting the rearview mirror as there is not enough space for fingers between the top of the mirror and the headliner bulge that accommodates the sunglass holder and overhead controls. Both my wife and I dislike this quite a bit.
Old 04-05-18, 09:22 AM
jim256
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalRX;10163352
[b
Least Favorite:[/b] Adjusting the rearview mirror as there is not enough space for fingers between the top of the mirror and the headliner bulge that accommodates the sunglass holder and overhead controls. Both my wife and I dislike this quite a bit.
All you have to do is adjust it. It pivots at the mirror but also at the top of the stalk. Give it a try.

The following users liked this post:
SoCalRX (04-06-18)
Old 04-05-18, 10:06 AM
SoCalRX
Intermediate

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by jim256
All you have to do is adjust it. It pivots at the mirror but also at the top of the stalk. Give it a try.

We did, but then the bottom the mirror hits a line of sight we both did not like.

Last edited by SoCalRX; 04-05-18 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-05-18, 10:15 AM
My450H
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ut2sua
You will never need to change your brake pad too (I owned a 2010 450h). It sounds like you got confuse on the seat adjustments. Between that and the steering wheel, you should do fine at 5'7. I would try to till the front of the seat up a bit and also lifting up the steering wheel to allow room for that (may be raising the whole seat to the highest setting may help)
What? No brake pads to change? Is there any consumable parts for braking that we need to worry for the hybrid?

(though brake pad service isn't a big deal for me. I change them outside of 100K miles on my other cars and it doesn't break any bank).
Old 04-05-18, 10:43 AM
Marqevans
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

For me, favorite feature is the 12'3 Nav screen and the dash design. I was against that screen design before owning the 4RX (thought it felt like an after thought versus a much more integrated design in the 3RX). After owning the 4RX a few weeks, I realized the intention of the designer: this design makes the dash feels a lot roomier. Now I appreciate that roominess.
Lease favorite: they took the cup holder on the left of the steering wheel away!!! Most don't care for it, but for me, it is personal, and I miss that little cup holder.
I miss the cup holder too!
ut2sua (04-05-18)
Old 04-05-18, 10:49 AM
ut2sua
Pole Position

Originally Posted by My450H
What? No brake pads to change? Is there any consumable parts for braking that we need to worry for the hybrid?

(though brake pad service isn't a big deal for me. I change them outside of 100K miles on my other cars and it doesn't break any bank).
The brake pads are there, but if you drive the 450h the correct way, the regenerative braking will do most of the work to slow down the car while charging the hybrid battery. At 70K, my 450h brake pad was still around 80%->90%. The added benefit would be the fact that there is no bend rotors to resurface etc.
My450H (04-05-18)
Old 04-05-18, 11:40 AM
ravenuer
Racer

Received 465 Likes on 354 Posts

The brake pads are there, but if you drive the 450h the correct way, the regenerative braking will do most of the work to slow down the car while charging the hybrid battery. At 70K, my 450h brake pad was still around 80%->90%. The added benefit would be the fact that there is no bend rotors to resurface etc.
Not sure what you meant by "no bend rotors to resurface". The car still has a regular disc brake system, with pads and rotors, which would need to be serviced or replaced eventually, am I correct?
Old 04-05-18, 08:16 PM
ut2sua
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ravenuer
Not sure what you meant by "no bend rotors to resurface". The car still has a regular disc brake system, with pads and rotors, which would need to be serviced or replaced eventually, am I correct?
The brake's traditional function is hardly used (ie. brake pads press hard against the rotors to stop/slow the car by friction) in a hybrid, therefore the rotor looks brand new with every little brake scratch after 30, 40, 50K miles. There is no need to resurface the rotor because of that. Of course, some aggressive driver can burn the brake pad much sooner, but most hybrid owners know how to let the battery recharge by using the regenerative brake. So instead of having to deal with pad/rotor at 30K (or 60K), the 450h pad/rotor may last the useful life time of the car (15 years or whatever) without replacement and/or service.
ravenuer (04-06-18)
Old 04-07-18, 04:19 PM
Koetsu
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My favorite attribute is what I like to call the Lexus RX comfort factor ... the quietude, the ride, the seats, and the music wafting from the Premium stereo. Great long distance car! The extensive suite of useful safety features is greatly appreciated.

.... oh, and unlike most SUVs, it does not look like the box it came in.
Old 04-11-18, 10:14 AM
AST300
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My favorite feature in my 2016 RX450h FSport is

Panoramic View Monitor (set to Auto), and
Blind Spot Monitor, and
12.3 inch monitor, and
Adaptive Cruise Control, and
Power-Folding rear view mirrors, and
Head-up Display, and
Tachometer with user defined redline.
jsch222 (04-11-18)
Old 04-11-18, 03:10 PM
Billet
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the comfortable, quiet ride and the aggressive looks.

I dislike the lane keep assist that ping pongs between the lines and fights the driver when using cruise. The inability to easily turn off the AC and run the fan only is also annoying.

Last edited by kitlz; 04-11-18 at 03:13 PM. Reason: not appropriate

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is your 4RX single most favorite feature