Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - 4th Gen (2016-present)
OEM Michelin, OEM Bridgestone Vs Other (merged threads) >

OEM Michelin, OEM Bridgestone Vs Other (merged threads)

Notices
RX - 4th Gen (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM Michelin, OEM Bridgestone Vs Other (merged threads)

Old 06-03-17, 10:24 AM
ggebhardt
Lexus Champion

Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by rdfish1 View Post
i pushed the dealer pretty hard and was rushing to get the deal done before 5/31 and they were very busy so never asked about tires. Dealer was not local which made it harder . Anyway, he might have switched them or maybe not. Often, it has to do with how valuable the transaction is to them. If pushed to the limit, switching tires is not likely something they will do. However, just looked at the tires on my denali, it comes with Bridgestone too so can't be a bad tire if luxury manufacters are using them. and of course, when each of these wear out, I can buy michelins if I want.

The ecopia are supposed to be a low low rolling resistance tire with some gas mileage benefit, even if minor, that's never bad
The Ecopia tires were good for me. They had goof traction wet and dry. Someone told me they were designed for the RX but no sure about that. They were quiet, even after they were rotated. I prefer the Michelins but the Ecopias were quite decent.
Old 06-04-17, 10:01 AM
FastFord
Lexus Test Driver

Received 120 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by rdfish1 View Post
i know Michelin tires are very common on the Rx this generation and in past but I've noticed many vehicles with Bridgestone eco HL (something like that) on many of them. Mine is one that came with the Bridgestone. I looked at a few in the same color and that's what they had. I am a Michelin guy so was hoping to get them but didn't work out. I'm sure these are very good tires too. Have u all seen the same thing as it relates to different brands.
Both are fine for OEM tires. Having the Bridgestones will give you an idea how good they are when it comes time to replace them. Maybe at that point you will want to go Michelin or who knows? I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Old 06-05-17, 10:37 AM
PeeVee
Lead Lap

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

Long running thread!

Just want to say that for our Canadian winters, I had bad experience with Michelin X-Ice tires. So for winter, I use Bridgestone and I just love them in the snow!

BUT I stick to Michelin for my summer tires. Smoother ride! (and happy that my RX came with them!)
Old 07-29-17, 09:42 PM
mx5mike
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our 17 GX has Michelin Latitudes and they are far superior on the rain and snow than the Bridgestones on the RX. I get a hum on the highway with the Bridgestones in dry weather I don't get with the michelins. Not that the Bridgestones are a horrible tire, they are just a step below the Michelins; I will wear out the bridgestones and switch to either Michelin or Pirelli's.
Old 09-22-17, 05:01 PM
Lamberti56
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires

I just bought a 2017 Lexus RX 350 that came with the 20" Bridgestone Ecopia 422 plus tires, how do they compare to the Michelin Premier LTX Tire.
Old 09-23-17, 07:26 AM
FastFord
Lexus Test Driver

Received 120 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Lamberti56 View Post
I just bought a 2017 Lexus RX 350 that came with the 20" Bridgestone Ecopia 422 plus tires, how do they compare to the Michelin Premier LTX Tire.
All oem tires leave a little to be desired. The replacements are not the same. I have two oem Michelin and two replacement Michelin ( flat/nails), They were replaced early shortly after purchase. They are wearing better than the oem after 24000kms.

I am not that impressed with the oem Michelin , I bet the Ecopia are very similar.

I would not judge an OEM tire as it's true characteristic, be it Bridgestone, Michelin, Goodyear, etc.
Old 10-16-17, 05:45 PM
AZisHOT
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll throw in my 2 cents.
I have the Ecopia's on the 20" F sport rims. I have never been accused of driving easy on tires. First off, yes, lots of brand loyalty seems to be reflected in the previous posts - no problem there - I prefer Yokohama's, but don't see anything in this size of a tire. In any case, my personal opinion of Bridgestone is not good - nearly ate a guard rail back in the 90's due to the slick performance of some stock Bridgestones. But times seem to have changed. I have no issue with these tires. I have pushed them hard, and they have held up well. I have no idea about snow, but dry and rain - no issues. Also, a very quiet ride - although I'm sure Lexus gets most of the credit there. I also find that even within a brand, certain tires just don't hold up well. I had Michelins on my Odyssey, and they would just be eaten up in no time. I think the heavy weight and the desert heat just made them evaporate - Canadians may have a different experience than mine... Switched to Continentals (yes, I had sworn I would never buy Continentals ever again based on experience...), but these way, way, way, out performed the Michelins on the heavy Odyssey front end - so go figure. In any case, I'm at 28K on these, and think I can squeeze them to 30K, but that's it. Some of you may be laughing at 30K out of a set of tires, but that is actually quite good for me. I easily would go through tires in 15-20K on other vehicles. A 60K tire would be a dream - of course any tire that would get double the life would also get about half the handling - so maybe more like a nightmare for me... In any case, I have nice, even, wear across the entire surface of these tires. The key is to running these Ecopia's at 44psi. I've seen rise of 6 psi in the summer, so keep an eye on them and try to optimize for a 44psi RUNNING pressure. No risk if you're at 46 or 48, they are rated to 51. Anything below 40 and you won't get the proper handling, and I've even noticed a drop in MPG when they are so deflated. So far I have not seen anyone post about the Goodyear eagle sports, which are similarly priced and rated - anyone????
Old 02-25-18, 06:04 PM
KSJT
Driver School Candidate

Default Due for new tires...which Michelin tire ?

RX350 Owners:

Which Michelin brand tire are folks fond of ? Latitude Tours are running $140 at Tire Rack, while the others are all $200 (Defender LTX, Premier LTX).

Thank you !
The following users liked this post:
zorro5566 (03-03-18)
Old 02-25-18, 06:39 PM
raysmd
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

if you can get the premier LTX, then I would recommend it. It's the newer model of the Michelin latitudes
zorro5566 (03-03-18)
Old 02-26-18, 06:53 AM
ravenuer
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by KSJT View Post
RX350 Owners:

Which Michelin brand tire are folks fond of ? Latitude Tours are running $140 at Tire Rack, while the others are all $200 (Defender LTX, Premier LTX).

Thank you !
As long as you're on Tire Rack, don't they have a rather extensive review section for pretty much any tire?
I put Defenders on my RAV4 V6 a few years ago and couldn't be happier.
Old 02-26-18, 08:46 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Id go with the premier's which came with mine.

I love how as it wears the treads get larger which still gives you plenty of traction in wet weather.
Old 02-26-18, 10:45 AM
PCW
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Go for the Premier LTX. They are the newest technology.
zorro5566 (03-03-18)
Old 02-26-18, 11:58 AM
GoHuskers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

So far I like my Premier LTX.
Old 02-26-18, 06:28 PM
Rarebird
Rookie

My Lexus RX is too new for me to get new tires but I can tell you my experience with the V6 Camry XLE I had for close to 10 years. I used to purchase Michelin brand tires for almost all of its life except the last set. It was Kumho Solus @half the price of the Michelin‘s which ran about $600, but it was just as good. All I’m saying is read reviews on Tire Rack and don’t immediately dismiss a budget brand.

Last edited by Rarebird; 02-26-18 at 06:36 PM.
Old 02-26-18, 07:06 PM
jmtamu
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can't go wrong with either. Michelin are the best and I disagree that you can't tell a difference between them and the other brands.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OEM Michelin, OEM Bridgestone Vs Other (merged threads)

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: