ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-2022-273/)
-   -   OEM Michelin, OEM Bridgestone Vs Other (merged threads) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-2022/882660-oem-michelin-oem-bridgestone-vs-other-merged-threads.html)

PLamarine 01-29-17 07:44 AM

I bought a L/Certified 2016 RX that came with the Bridgestone Ecopia. Total crap and I am trying to get the dealer to swap for the Michelins.

c5bob 01-30-17 12:57 PM

Second set of Bridgestone Ecopia tires. First set on my 2010 RX lasted 60,000 miles when I traded it in on a 2017 RX. Love the tires. Glad the 2017 has them.

ggebhardt 02-04-17 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by Erika (Post 9759798)
I don't know anything about cars. I just drive. I would not even know how to change tyres.
And I don't have much driving experience. So what differs between tyre brands? I just looked at my new RX450h (MY2017) and has Dunlop. It is made in Japan. All I want is for the tyres to last long. I don't go off-road. Are these Dunlop tyres ok?

Best to keep your tire inflated to the recommended pressure. Go to an auto supply store and buy a good air gauge. Next thing to prolong your tires is to get your tires rotated every 5k and have the alignment checked. You should get good service from these tires.

some here prefer the Michelin tires but I owned a 2016 RX and the Dunlops were decent performing. Not worth tossing them while you have good rubber on them.

Enjoy.

kalcris 02-04-17 05:16 AM

Just bought a L/Cert, the one we test drove had 18" Michelins. I wanted the 20"s but the RX that we went to look at had a deposit on it. Sales guy had the usual "what can we do to make a deal today" line, besides some haggling with my trade price, I said I had to have 20's with Michelins after reading this post. He went back and got the GM. I was surprised that he gave me two choices: I could have used 20's and Michelins off a loaner with about 11K miles, or new 20's with Bridgestone's. I chose the later, figured new is new I can always change tires at some point. Drove home 187 miles in a snow/ice event, no issues. Have Duelers on my 2X and had Duelers on my GX, never any problems.

PLamarine 02-06-17 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by c5bob (Post 9754921)
Second set of Bridgestone Ecopia tires. First set on my 2010 RX lasted 60,000 miles when I traded it in on a 2017 RX. Love the tires. Glad the 2017 has them.

You live in Florida? Try them up here in the Northeast. Crap.

ggebhardt 02-06-17 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by PLamarine (Post 9761530)
You live in Florida? Try them up here in the Northeast. Crap.

I would not call the Northeast crap!:wiggle:

gadgetman1 02-06-17 09:25 AM

I have the 20" Bridgestone Ecopia tires on my 2016 RX 450h. I remember a few of the test driver RX's had Michelin & some had Bridgestone. I couldn't tell the difference. I only have about 8,000 miles, but I'm pleased so far with their performance. I've had several sets of Bridgestones on various vehicles, mostly sport tires or sport/touring tires & they all performed well, but wore out quickly. That was not a surprise, because they were only rated at less than 30,000 miles. Performance tires are going to be crap in snow & ice, period. I have found that if I keep whatever brand of tires at the proper inflation & rotate them about every 5,000 miles, they will last at least 35,000 miles & some much, much longer. I'm not a fan of Firestone tires & don't remember the last set I had. I was apprehensive of the Bridgestones because of Firestone, but have found they are not alike at all. I say if they work good, motor on!

PLamarine 02-06-17 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by gadgetman1 (Post 9761739)
I have the 20" Bridgestone Ecopia tires on my 2016 RX 450h. I remember a few of the test driver RX's had Michelin & some had Bridgestone. I couldn't tell the difference. I only have about 8,000 miles, but I'm pleased so far with their performance. I've had several sets of Bridgestones on various vehicles, mostly sport tires or sport/touring tires & they all performed well, but wore out quickly. That was not a surprise, because they were only rated at less than 30,000 miles. Performance tires are going to be crap in snow & ice, period. I have found that if I keep whatever brand of tires at the proper inflation & rotate them about every 5,000 miles, they will last at least 35,000 miles & some much, much longer. I'm not a fan of Firestone tires & don't remember the last set I had. I was apprehensive of the Bridgestones because of Firestone, but have found they are not alike at all. I say if they work good, motor on!

I test drove both Michelin and Bridgestone when I was looking for my RX350, and we were lucky to have snowy weather. The Michelin were MUCH better IMHO. Unfortunately, the one I wanted had Bridgestone. Still working with the dealer to get Michelins.

edwardde 02-10-17 05:15 AM

Get them change the tires for free if you haven't pick up your car

Originally Posted by PLamarine (Post 9761797)
I test drove both Michelin and Bridgestone when I was looking for my RX350, and we were lucky to have snowy weather. The Michelin were MUCH better IMHO. Unfortunately, the one I wanted had Bridgestone. Still working with the dealer to get Michelins.

I am picking up my new 4Rx this Saturday and I have told them to swap the michelin with me, well it does take time to negotiate with lexus, finally after 2,3 people ball played they agreed to change the manufactured Bridgs to Michelins for me and it's FREE, I pay them cash + my trade btw. So good luck!

gadgetman1 02-10-17 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by edwardde (Post 9766423)
I am picking up my new 4Rx this Saturday and I have told them to swap the michelin with me, well it does take time to negotiate with lexus, finally after 2,3 people ball played they agreed to change the manufactured Bridgs to Michelins for me and it's FREE, I pay them cash + my trade btw. So good luck!

Huh??? Are you saying you paid cash for your RX and that's why they swapped tires for you? Who are the "...2,3 people ball played"?:dunno:

ggebhardt 02-11-17 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by edwardde (Post 9766423)

cash does not win, it the sale they wanted.

People come in with cash all the time, they would rather finance.

rdfish1 06-03-17 03:03 AM

Factory tires, brand varies

i know Michelin tires are very common on the Rx this generation and in past but I've noticed many vehicles with Bridgestone eco HL (something like that) on many of them. Mine is one that came with the Bridgestone. I looked at a few in the same color and that's what they had. I am a Michelin guy so was hoping to get them but didn't work out. I'm sure these are very good tires too. Have u all seen the same thing as it relates to different brands.

Freds430 06-03-17 03:15 AM

Tire Rack rates the original Michelin Premier LTX as #1. The Bridgestone Ecopia H/L 422 are not yet rated. There were three owner reviews however which one was very favorable and two were not.

ggebhardt 06-03-17 03:41 AM

I found the Bridgestone tire on my previous RX350 were not bad at all. But am glad that both 450h units have the Michelins.