OEM Michelin, OEM Bridgestone Vs Other (merged threads) - Page 20 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - 4th Gen (2016-present)
OEM Michelin, OEM Bridgestone Vs Other (merged threads) >

OEM Michelin, OEM Bridgestone Vs Other (merged threads)

Notices
RX - 4th Gen (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM Michelin, OEM Bridgestone Vs Other (merged threads)

Old 02-27-19, 08:25 AM
daryll40
Lexus Champion

I have the 18inch tires/wheels The tires at Sam's Club were $159.72 each, plus tax plus fees plus mounting minus an $80 rebate for buying 4. Came to $666. And I live near the Pa Turnpike; your quote is accurate, unfortunately.
Old 02-27-19, 09:17 AM
HontoKuro
Pole Position

Interesting topic of discussion. I can't believe I actually read entire thread here and if this is the worst of what some of the Lexus RX issues are, then I will take it any day. Coming from BMW ownership with various models over the last 20 years with both standard and staggered setups, this entire "tire brand' topic discussion almost makes me laugh and reminds me of the BMW forums I participate in where the tire topic is like Apple vs. Android opinions. You'll see a whole spectrum of opinions, experiences, like and dislikes, fanboys, which tires and brand are the best or worse, the back and forth jabs etc..

Bottom line is, in my personal opinion is if the OEM tires that came with your vehicle then run them for what it's worth until the end of their life and if they are crap or don't like the way the handle, feel, drive or sound then do your own research, check out the various wheel site reviews, test results and/or You Tube online reviews and of course the forums but forums tend to leave you with more questions than answers and often can be confusing. Just go with with what you think will fit your needs and budget but don't compromise just to save a few bucks. Tires are one the one very few products where safety is my number 1 priority so I never go cheap in this department and you certainly pay for what you get when you go with the cheaper brands and "value tires" as I have learned in the past. Better value or "cheaper" tires is not always a good idea so I stick with what I know and have personally had great experiences with both Michelin and Continental tire brands over the last 25+ years in various vehicles ranging from sedans, sport cars, SUV and crossovers. Weather it's being for dedicated winter tires such as the X-Ice winters, Primacy, Pilot Sports, DWS, ContiProContacts etc.. Michelin and Continental have never let me down.

Here is what our recent purchase of a 2017 RX with only 7,350 miles and look what tires they came with. Luck me

Last edited by HontoKuro; 02-27-19 at 09:28 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 02-27-19, 11:14 AM
Freds430
Lexus Test Driver

Have a 2017 RX 450h with 235/55/20 tires. Just talked to Tire Rack and they are recommending a new Michelin Primacy Tour A/S. They come with a 55,000 mile warranty. Going to try these because with the 20 inch tire there is a limited number of choices. The original Michelin's are only going to last 25,000 miles. Has anyone bought these and if so what are early impressions?
Old 02-27-19, 11:32 AM
mikemu30
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by HontoKuro View Post
Interesting topic of discussion. I can't believe I actually read entire thread here and if this is the worst of what some of the Lexus RX issues are, then I will take it any day. Coming from BMW ownership with various models over the last 20 years with both standard and staggered setups, this entire "tire brand' topic discussion almost makes me laugh and reminds me of the BMW forums I participate in where the tire topic is like Apple vs. Android opinions. You'll see a whole spectrum of opinions, experiences, like and dislikes, fanboys, which tires and brand are the best or worse, the back and forth jabs etc..

Bottom line is, in my personal opinion is if the OEM tires that came with your vehicle then run them for what it's worth until the end of their life and if they are crap or don't like the way the handle, feel, drive or sound then do your own research, check out the various wheel site reviews, test results and/or You Tube online reviews and of course the forums but forums tend to leave you with more questions than answers and often can be confusing. Just go with with what you think will fit your needs and budget but don't compromise just to save a few bucks. Tires are one the one very few products where safety is my number 1 priority so I never go cheap in this department and you certainly pay for what you get when you go with the cheaper brands and "value tires" as I have learned in the past. Better value or "cheaper" tires is not always a good idea so I stick with what I know and have personally had great experiences with both Michelin and Continental tire brands over the last 25+ years in various vehicles ranging from sedans, sport cars, SUV and crossovers. Weather it's being for dedicated winter tires such as the X-Ice winters, Primacy, Pilot Sports, DWS, ContiProContacts etc.. Michelin and Continental have never let me down.

Here is what our recent purchase of a 2017 RX with only 7,350 miles and look what tires they came with. Luck me

Those are the OEM Michelins - we have them as well. I expect to get 35K or so out of them - perhaps 40K. I'll never expect to get 50K plus from an SUV like this regardless of tread warranty.
Old 03-14-19, 07:05 AM
gadgetman1
Lead Lap

This video might clear up some myths & confusion with new vehicle tires. Yes, I know it’s not about Lexus, but it’s about new car tires not lasting. BTW, it sounds like the Lexus RX folks have it good compared to the Ford SUV folks:

The Following User Says Thank You to gadgetman1 For This Useful Post:
CharmCtyIS (03-14-19)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OEM Michelin, OEM Bridgestone Vs Other (merged threads)

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: