ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RX - 4th Gen (2016-present) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-present-273/)
-   -   2018 RX Best Prices So Far? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-present/878561-2018-rx-best-prices-so-far.html)

Dereksae 01-20-18 11:01 PM

2018 RX Best Prices So Far?
 
New member here, currently researching a 2018 RX 450h F Sport. I'm confident I'll be making a purchase soon, but wanted to see how other members have fared for the 2018s. Let's see those numbers.

JSracer 01-21-18 04:29 AM

if it were me, i would score a 17 for 10k+ off, guessing the 18's won't negotiate well.

GoHuskers 01-21-18 08:55 AM


Originally Posted by Dereksae (Post 10088507)
New member here, currently researching a 2018 RX 450h F Sport. I'm confident I'll be making a purchase soon, but wanted to see how other members have fared for the 2018s. Let's see those numbers.

have you seen any 2018 on the lot yet? Unless you really want 3 rows RX, I would get a 2017 with big discounts.

mssca 01-21-18 10:41 AM

As mentioned before (above), I think buying from the last lot of 2017 RX models saves you money. There is no big differences between RX 2017 and 2018. The mid-cycle refresh may most likely come in around 2019. No tech upgrades, no engine or weight improvements, no other significant improvements on 2018 model compared to 2017.

For 2019, I heard Lexus is looking into adding Apple Car Play and possibly Android Auto. Also I heard from people they may replace the joystick with touch pad just like on NX. But a larger touch pad. Now that's a significant shift in Toyota/Lexus tech.

Dereksae 01-21-18 12:59 PM

2018
 
Thanks for the input guys. Iíve been shopping around for the 2017, with little luck. Living in LV, there arenít any in ultra white f sport configuration (Iím pretty set on color) so Iíve had to inquire out of state. Everyone, to include CA and NM have balked going any lower than invoice for the 2017 which means Iíd be paying 60k otd for it.

Ive been working with Lexus of Las Vegas and have had solid results so far for the 2018 450h F Sport.

MSRP: 61,645
Discount/rebate: 6,254
Net price before Tax: 55,390
OTD including taxes and window tint: 61,000 even

mssca 01-21-18 01:14 PM

One advise I can give you on buying 2018 or any other year brand new is if you are going for financing or leasing, ask for a better rate. If you are paying everything outright with cash, ask for a better discount. Just keep asking until they either give you a good deal or throw in something like free accessories.

JSracer 01-21-18 02:13 PM


Originally Posted by Dereksae (Post 10088911)
Thanks for the input guys. I’ve been shopping around for the 2017, with little luck. Living in LV, there aren’t any in ultra white f sport configuration (I’m pretty set on color) so I’ve had to inquire out of state. Everyone, to include CA and NM have balked going any lower than invoice for the 2017 which means I’d be paying 60k otd for it.

Ive been working with Lexus of Las Vegas and have had solid results so far for the 2018 450h F Sport.

MSRP: 61,645
Discount/rebate: 6,254
Net price before Tax: 55,390
OTD including taxes and window tint: 61,000 even

beverly hills for example offered me 8500 off plus lexus cash in November. Was over 10k off msrp around 64k. Lexus cash was 2k or 2500 at that time. Most were able to get 10 to 15% off msrp plus lexus cash on top of that.
just a thought, good luck either way good choice on the RX450h.

Dereksae 01-21-18 03:28 PM


Originally Posted by JSracer (Post 10088980)
beverly hills for example offered me 8500 off plus lexus cash in November. Was over 10k off msrp around 64k. Lexus cash was 2k or 2500 at that time. Most were able to get 10 to 15% off msrp plus lexus cash on top of that.
just a thought, good luck either way good choice on the RX450h.

Those are incredible rates! It makes sense to purchase end of year, and I wish I could have this past year but we werenít in the market until just recently. Also, waiting for nov/dec this year is not an option otherwise common sense says to wait. All in all, I still think 55k is a decent price for the 2018. I hope others looking can get an even better deal.

JSracer 01-21-18 04:55 PM

Still might be your white F somewhere, worth a look, no harm in searching
Best to you in your purchase.

soholexus 01-23-18 04:42 PM

So if you buy a 2017 model, aren't you losing an extra year of depreciation?

JSracer 01-23-18 05:08 PM


Originally Posted by soholexus (Post 10091276)
So if you buy a 2017 model, aren't you losing an extra year of depreciation?

Sure, if a 17 is say 2k off and an 18 is 2k off, it's a loss. If a 17 is 12k off, and an 18 is 2500 off, do you gain or loose?? I know my answer
Since the vehicle is the same for both years, easier choice, I think.

GoHuskers 01-24-18 09:50 AM


Originally Posted by JSracer (Post 10091307)
Sure, if a 17 is say 2k off and an 18 is 2k off, it's a loss. If a 17 is 12k off, and an 18 is 2500 off, do you gain or loose?? I know my answer
Since the vehicle is the same for both years, easier choice, I think.

For the "same" vehicles with $2000 price diff. I will take the NEWER year. Why? Resale will be higher for newer year. For leasing you will get better money factor and/or higher residual.

mikemu30 01-24-18 11:35 AM


Originally Posted by GoHuskers (Post 10091931)
For the "same" vehicles with $2000 price diff. I will take the NEWER year. Why? Resale will be higher for newer year. For leasing you will get better money factor and/or higher residual.

Really depends how long you plan to keep it. If many years, just go for the older model as the depreciation on both will get much closer at that point.

Dereksae 01-24-18 11:48 AM


Originally Posted by GoHuskers (Post 10091931)
For the "same" vehicles with $2000 price diff. I will take the NEWER year. Why? Resale will be higher for newer year. For leasing you will get better money factor and/or higher residual.

This is my line of thinking going into the dealer looking for a 2018. I've exhausted my efforts on getting a 2017, with dealers inside a 250+ mile range giving me nothing better than about a 2k difference. 12k off MSRP is a no-brainer, but not applicable in my situation. The opportunity cost for me to fly out and drive back to NV, in addition to the depreciation loss of the 2017 is not worth it to me.

DaytonaV 01-24-18 11:52 AM

i think 2018 would be identical as 2017 unless it suddenly came with CarPlay. i would just go for the 2017 with discounts.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:33 AM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands