RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2018 RX Best Prices So Far?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-18, 01:47 PM
cezar9
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by anthony350
2018 f-sport, offering 500 under invoice which would put it at 58269 not including the lexus cash of 1750
Residual value 56%
lease 36/10k or option for finance also
good deal or not?
tried offering 56,000 but they pretty much said not gonna happen
what do you guys think?
I don't know if the f sport is worth the extra money. The RX is so heavy in general that there is nothing sporty about it. I really want to like it but I am having hard time. I wish it was a little lighter. I think you can do much better in that price range with another brand if you want something more exciting.

Old 10-22-18, 03:25 PM
sagarpatel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealers in NJ?

Hey guys, any NJ area (NY/NJ/CT/Philly) dealer recommendations that are offering good discounts on a new 2018 RX350? Looking for something well equipped (sticker $59-60k)

Last edited by sagarpatel; 10-22-18 at 03:30 PM.
Old 10-22-18, 04:07 PM
anthony350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cezar9
I don't know if the f sport is worth the extra money. The RX is so heavy in general that there is nothing sporty about it. I really want to like it but I am having hard time. I wish it was a little lighter. I think you can do much better in that price range with another brand if you want something more exciting.
Yea, I know that i could get a non f-sport a bit cheaper, the thing that makes we lean towards the f-sport is the suspension . I have always been a suspension guy and figured i can try to get prices for both, plus the LFA gauges and sport+ modes also are a nice touch as i have them on my IS350. The RX would be more for my wife driving it but i would drive it as well. i know she wouldnt mind either f-sport or not but i figured i like it, i might just keep it. Also what else would compare that might be a better drive? i was looking at the new MDX but something about that center console kinda turns me off to the idea, just my .02
Old 10-22-18, 06:16 PM
EXE46
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

RX350 F sport is not a sporty crossover, it's all looks. If you want a sporty crossover, consider the Euros: X3,X4, Stelvio, F-pace, Q5 etc. They all will embarrass an f sport RX in driving dynamics, RX is slow and has enormous body roll when compared against the competition. The RX350 strength was never in driving dynamics, consider the f sport package as simply an appearance package despite the underpinnings. RX shines in driving comfort, that's where it outshines the competition.

The SO's new RX is 3 weeks old and i think it's a great car for commuting, just not disillusioned to think it's a good driver's car.
Old 10-22-18, 09:40 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by EXE46
RX is slow and has enormous body roll when compared against the competition. The RX350 strength was never in driving dynamics, consider the f sport package as simply an appearance package despite the underpinnings. RX shines in driving comfort, that's where it outshines the competition.

The SO's new RX is 3 weeks old and i think it's a great car for commuting, just not disillusioned to think it's a good driver's car.
Macan and F-Sport owner here. F Sport's suspension in S+ mode does a pretty good job of controlling body roll, even when taking corners aggressively. The lack of rear-bias (even with the weak rear electric motors powered during turns) is what kills it around corners.

Driver's car is all a matter of preference. If you want sporty, it could mean track or off-road sportiness. The RX is a commuters car: comfortable and reliable. On a highway or road trip I'd take the RX over any of the Euros you listed. It's about using the right tool for the job.
Old 10-22-18, 10:43 PM
anthony350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ericsan13
Macan and F-Sport owner here. F Sport's suspension in S+ mode does a pretty good job of controlling body roll, even when taking corners aggressively. The lack of rear-bias (even with the weak rear electric motors powered during turns) is what kills it around corners.

Driver's car is all a matter of preference. If you want sporty, it could mean track or off-road sportiness. The RX is a commuters car: comfortable and reliable. On a highway or road trip I'd take the RX over any of the Euros you listed. It's about using the right tool for the job.
1 main reason I would go with the RX over most euros is reliability. I understand that most other cars would provide a more thrilling driving experience but in terms of what repairs and longevity would look like 10 years from now, i would rather fix the RX over a X series BMW. I appreciate all the input though, just trying to get the best deal i could especially when spending close to 60K

Last edited by anthony350; 10-22-18 at 10:47 PM.
Old 10-23-18, 11:18 AM
rusn007
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

1 main reason I would go with the RX over most euros is reliability. I understand that most other cars would provide a more thrilling driving experience but in terms of what repairs and longevity would look like 10 years from now, i would rather fix the RX over a X series BMW. I appreciate all the input though, just trying to get the best deal i could especially when spending close to 60K
I don't know if RXs are as reliable as people perceive them to be. My early built 2016 has had oil seepage, A/C gargling noises, jumpy transmission, and now is in the shop for clicking/rocking driver seat. These are not catastrophic issues, but issues nonetheless. What it wins over German counterparts are the costs in repairs. I like the RX, but will not buy early production 1st year model again.
Old 10-23-18, 12:10 PM
ericsan13
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by rusn007
I don't know if RXs are as reliable as people perceive them to be. My early built 2016 has had oil seepage, A/C gargling noises, jumpy transmission, and now is in the shop for clicking/rocking driver seat. These are not catastrophic issues, but issues nonetheless. What it wins over German counterparts are the costs in repairs. I like the RX, but will not buy early production 1st year model again.
One person's experience is not representative of a car or brand. For example, my RX has been mostly flawless but that does not mean all RX are flawless.

JD Power VDS (problems per 100) vehicles:

Last edited by ericsan13; 10-23-18 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-24-18, 01:56 PM
dotbowels
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PediGrief
Last year the cash rebate was $2500 in December. It's $1500 currently, it may go up to $2500 but there is no guarantee.
No guarantee that what you want will be there if you wait to long.
Old 10-25-18, 02:54 PM
cezar9
Driver

When you look at the driving tests the RX is behind its main competitors on almost every metric. One of the more concerning to me is braking time/distance. This thing is so heavy that it takes forever to stop.
Old 10-25-18, 05:03 PM
sagarpatel
Driver School Candidate

Default New 2018 RX350

dealer quoted me $47k (including $1500 incentive cash) on a $54.5k sticker 2018 RX350.

what do you guys think?
Old 10-26-18, 02:07 AM
anthony350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cezar9
When you look at the driving tests the RX is behind its main competitors on almost every metric. One of the more concerning to me is braking time/distance. This thing is so heavy that it takes forever to stop.
How does it hold up against the weather up here in WA? iIm planning to head to the dealer in seattle if they are willing to match some pricing with portland. Thanks for the advice from earlier though, seems that portland was more willing to deal with pricing as you said but i like the model in seattle a bit better. i have yet to test drive and would like to know just an overall feel and what to look for or expect. thanks!
Old 10-26-18, 07:06 AM
EXP_Cougar
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Would love some feedback to see if you would do this deal -

Dealer offering to buy my 2016 RX 350 with 20k miles and sell me a new 2018 RX 350 F. I'm looking to get it down to a $11700 drive out which would include $5000 dealer+mfg cash incentive built in. Obviously there can be some push/pull on the numbers but it's roughly a 15% discount off MSRP before rebates.

What I want to know is, would you pull the trigger on such a 'deal'? The main pros would be new car with 4 miles on the odometer, F sport upgrades including better looking grill. Biggest con for me is that my 2016 is a Japan build, and while I believe that the Canada plant is supposed to be just as good, I still trust the Japan build more.

Look forward to your feedback!
Old 10-26-18, 09:56 AM
wktjr
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by EXP_Cougar

Dealer offering to buy my 2016 RX 350 with 20k miles and sell me a new 2018 RX 350 F. I'm looking to get it down to a $11700 drive out which would include $5000 dealer+mfg cash incentive built in. Obviously there can be some push/pull on the numbers but it's roughly a 15% discount off MSRP before rebates.

What I want to know is, would you pull the trigger on such a 'deal'? The main pros would be new car with 4 miles on the odometer, F sport upgrades including better looking grill. Biggest con for me is that my 2016 is a Japan build, and while I believe that the Canada plant is supposed to be just as good, I still trust the Japan build more.

If build quality is a factor, you answered your own question.
Old 10-26-18, 01:42 PM
cezar9
Driver

Originally Posted by EXP_Cougar

I have no idea about the value of the old and new RX so I can't comment on that. You should negotiate the discount on the new RX separately as if you are paying cash. If you like the negotiated price offer your old RX and if you like what the dealer is offering proceed with a deal. Otherwise it's too messy. Check how much you can get from Carmax, Carvana etc. The 16' RXs are hot so you should be able to get a good price. I think you may be making a mistake because you absorbed the biggest hit on your old RX and now you are about to do the same. You probably paid the full sales tax and you will be hit with a lower price when you trade in. If you like driving a new car you should look into leasing.

Quick Reply: 2018 RX Best Prices So Far?