RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2018 RX Best Prices So Far?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-18, 09:40 AM
nukezero
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tm9918
I was reading the forum about leasing a 2017 RX. I'm in the process of leasing a 2018 RX 350L. The dealer gave me a price of 50,950 $600 a month if I put $6100 down. After I raised question about the residual and sale price and money factor they now want me to come in to talk to the finance manager because I may be a "little confused". I think $6100 down is a way too much along $600 a month. Suggestions?
you are getting killed on that deal. Sprint! Don’t walk out of that dealership. Sprint out of that place as fast as you can like your life depended on it!
The following 2 users liked this post by nukezero:
coolsaber (03-10-18), Oldfart (03-14-18)
Old 03-10-18, 01:33 PM
mikemu30
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,336 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Don't lease unless the math is crystal clear to you. Then again, don't lease anyway if you don't have to.
The following users liked this post:
coolsaber (03-10-18)
Old 03-10-18, 02:23 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Lease 101

Negotiate Selling price 1st. Lease is no different from a finance purchase, since at the end of the day your still paying to use the vehicle

the biggest tool dealers love to utilize is show you how low the payment is on a lease, and then ask for A HUGE down. The next biggest is Money Factor. Find out the mF from leasing sites or I think Edmunds on that.
Try not to put down anything if possible, since if you total the car, you are out that money.
Old 03-11-18, 05:10 AM
javapro
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tm9918
I was reading the forum about leasing a 2017 RX. I'm in the process of leasing a 2018 RX 350L. The dealer gave me a price of 50,950 $600 a month if I put $6100 down. After I raised question about the residual and sale price and money factor they now want me to come in to talk to the finance manager because I may be a "little confused". I think $6100 down is a way too much along $600 a month. Suggestions?
You are definitely getting a very bad deal. First rule of any lease is never to put any money down except for fees and the first month payment and even then you can try to get the fees included in your monthly payment. That’s because if something happens to your car, you will lose the down payment. You should always tell the dealer that you want a $0 down offer. I just leased a 2018 RX 450h with a $55K MSRP for $577 a month for 36 months at 12K miles per year. I only paid $1,900 out of pocket which included the fees and there first months payment.
Old 03-11-18, 05:16 PM
mitigator
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leasing Versus Cash Deal for more Discounts

Originally Posted by mikemu30
Don't lease unless the math is crystal clear to you. Then again, don't lease anyway if you don't have to.
Is there any advantage to the Buyer if a Cash Deal is made? That is I'm guessing the Dealer probably makes more money if you Lease, but will a Cash Deal allow / help the Buyer to ask for any additional discounts?
Old 03-11-18, 08:24 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mitigator
Is there any advantage to the Buyer if a Cash Deal is made? That is I'm guessing the Dealer probably makes more money if you Lease, but will a Cash Deal allow / help the Buyer to ask for any additional discounts?
Do you mean one pay lease deals? If so, (dont kno with Lexus financial) dealers do give discounts, but at your risk (again dependent on Lexus financial and their T&C) if totaled you loose the remaining months
Old 03-12-18, 08:05 AM
CCTX
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Questions on Custom Ordering and Competition

Hello everyone,

I am very much decided on buying 2018 RX450h or 450hL. So I have a few questions that I will appreciate your help on:

1) It seems we will probably be custom ordering. I have done this many times but not with Lexus. In the past and depending on the make, some dealers were able to pick and choose options that may not be available to customers through the online portal and some couldn't. For example, getting one of the features of the luxury package without ordering the whole package...etc. The question is whether Lexus dealers are able to "truly" custom order or it is as if you go through the online Lexus portal.
2) Knowing that your negotiation position is not usually as strong if you custom order, I have been thorough the prices thread and was trying to get a feeling of what would be a fair deal. I will be financing. It seems like for custom ordering 3-5% off MSRP and for off-the-lot 7-10% would be reasonable. It will be fully loaded, per the website it is around $63K MSRP. Thoughts?
3) I have been researching on competition, especially Audi Q5, and my major reasons I am leaning towards RX450h are reliability and "cost" of regular maintenance...etc. compared to other luxury brands. For that $63K price tag, any suggestions on considering other alternatives?

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

FYI: Thinking (Atomic Silver, Eminent White, Nightfall Mica or Autumn Shimmer) on black interior, luxury package, navigation package (no ML sound), HUD, panoramic view, triple LED, power folding/heated/ventilated seats, plus other accessories.

Last edited by CCTX; 03-12-18 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-12-18, 12:47 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CCTX
Hello everyone,

I am very much decided on buying 2018 RX450h or 450hL. So I have a few questions that I will appreciate your help on:

1) It seems we will probably be custom ordering. I have done this many times but not with Lexus. In the past and depending on the make, some dealers were able to pick and choose options that may not be available to customers through the online portal and some couldn't. For example, getting one of the features of the luxury package without ordering the whole package...etc. The question is whether Lexus dealers are able to "truly" custom order or it is as if you go through the online Lexus portal.
2) Knowing that your negotiation position is not usually as strong if you custom order, I have been thorough the prices thread and was trying to get a feeling of what would be a fair deal. I will be financing. It seems like for custom ordering 3-5% off MSRP and for off-the-lot 7-10% would be reasonable. It will be fully loaded, per the website it is around $63K MSRP. Thoughts?
3) I have been researching on competition, especially Audi Q5, and my major reasons I am leaning towards RX450h are reliability and "cost" of regular maintenance...etc. compared to other luxury brands. For that $63K price tag, any suggestions on considering other alternatives?

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

FYI: Thinking (Atomic Silver, Eminent White, Nightfall Mica or Autumn Shimmer) on black interior, luxury package, navigation package (no ML sound), HUD, panoramic view, triple LED, power folding/heated/ventilated seats, plus other accessories.
Depends on the dealerships and their culture. Some dealerships would love to offer a reasonable discount with available discounts on a sold unit, while others treat a S/O as asking to buy a Honda Si, market adjustments or terrible discounts. Now having said that, only way to figure out stuff, is to ask worst they can say is no. If you can find one on the lots, in my experience the discounts grow, sometimes to the point where getting a customized less optioned version costs the same or more then a more loaded one.
Old 03-13-18, 09:20 AM
TA00
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys are doing pretty good on negotiations. I have spoken to 2 dealers in Dallas and I am surprised at their original offering numbers. One was on a 17 and he only came off like 6% msrp then added the 3k rebate. I haven't started pushing hard yet because I am trying to decide between a F sport or a luxury. If I get a luxury I'll add the F sport wheels. Im hoping after april they will get more aggressive to clear out the 17's and maybe I can find a luxury. There are plenty of f sports out there.
Old 03-13-18, 06:57 PM
671creed
Driver School Candidate

Yes, go with the 2017. Loving it.
Old 03-14-18, 10:54 AM
vince32837
Driver School Candidate

I tried sending an email to sales rep Justin Balcer......invalid email address???????????????? did he leave?
jbalcer@nalleycars.com

Vince
Old 03-14-18, 10:59 AM
deusex
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Right now I have a offer for leasing 2018 RX 450h F-sport, MSRP 62K with 8K down and $569 monthly. Thinking of just buying it instead of leasing.
Old 03-14-18, 12:25 PM
671creed
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by deusex
Right now I have a offer for leasing 2018 RX 450h F-sport, MSRP 62K with 8K down and $569 monthly. Thinking of just buying it instead of leasing.
I would just buy it, not lease.
Old 03-14-18, 12:43 PM
xcinlb
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deusex
As I stated a few posts above, don't put any money down, except if you are using MSD's to get the money factor down and want to round the price down for less money upfront. Also, as it has been stated many times, if you total your car, you'll lose the down payment. When you lease a vehicle you are basically renting it, so its like if you went to Hertz rental car and gave them an extra $500 to make the daily rate cheaper, it's the same for a lease, money you put down will just lower the payments by that amount of money you put down, but it won't buy you equity. EG: $3600 down is $100 per month basically. Hope this helps.
Old 03-14-18, 12:51 PM
trubatgioi
Driver School Candidate

Hi, I am shopping for a new 2018 RX350. Need advice on when to buy, when is the best time to buy? Sale price will be different now vs Memorial Holiday sale? thanks

Quick Reply: 2018 RX Best Prices So Far?