RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2018 RX Best Prices So Far?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-18, 03:39 PM
timheally
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by critten
so i've never leased a vehicle before so i have no clue what I am doing. Lol. anyway, looking at the RX, their rates are 3.9% to finance. I don't know what an MSDs. Pretty much the dealer offered me 13% off MSRP effective rate once I pay the lease to own off. If it gets totaled, I assume insurance would pay me since I have the interest in the car still (purchased by then hopefully). I am not doing a traditional lease, it is just a loophole to save on taxes? I don't know that is why I am asking . It is a one pay lease to own contract...makes no sense to me, but the dealer gets their price, i save on taxes AND get another 1k additional in lexus incentives. I am trying to figure out if there are downsides vs full purchase other than the credit hit.

Thanks!
Either the single pay lease includes gap insurance or you’d need it from your insurance agent. What is the residual on the car. Is there a business involved that can write the single pay off . Think and rethink before doing a single pay lease. I’ve heard of them but would never consider.
The following users liked this post:
critten (10-30-18)
Old 10-30-18, 03:42 PM
critten
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I am reading about it more now. I never would have given it a thought if the salesman didn't write it out so easily. It seems so easy that it has me questioning it haha. Essentially it is paying two sums instead of one lump sum that total a less price.
Old 10-30-18, 03:59 PM
cezar9
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

so i've never leased a vehicle before so i have no clue what I am doing. Lol. anyway, looking at the RX, their rates are 3.9% to finance. I don't know what an MSDs. Pretty much the dealer offered me 13% off MSRP effective rate once I pay the lease to own off. If it gets totaled, I assume insurance would pay me since I have the interest in the car still (purchased by then hopefully). I am not doing a traditional lease, it is just a loophole to save on taxes? I don't know that is why I am asking . It is a one pay lease to own contract...makes no sense to me, but the dealer gets their price, i save on taxes AND get another 1k additional in lexus incentives. I am trying to figure out if there are downsides vs full purchase other than the credit hit.

Thanks!
you should have asked someone before signing that deal. I see so many red flags that I don't know where to start. you are not saving on taxes and not getting any additional incentives. you should have done a traditional lease with enough MSDs to lower your rate to zero. your effective discount is about 10% which is nothing special. people get even more on a conventional lease. next time ask before you sign the papers.
Old 10-30-18, 04:11 PM
critten
Rookie

I never said I did it or signed papers I didn't know about...I walked out....calm down..also what is a msd?
Old 10-30-18, 04:35 PM
goodygoody
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I never said I did it or signed papers I didn't know about...I walked out....calm down..also what is a msd?
“Multiple Security Deposit (MSD) is a payment paid in advance to protect the leasingcompany against damage to the car or nonpayment to the lease. MSD aims to lower your monthly payments by lowering your interest rate. ... You will receive your deposit back at the end of your lease term.”
The following 2 users liked this post by goodygoody:
critten (10-30-18), hungrybb (12-18-18)
Old 10-30-18, 09:03 PM
anthony350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jspe
Bought 2018 Fsport AWD two weeks ago $59,539 MSRP paid $52,300 (8.8% discount) including the $1500 Lexus incentive. Had to finance third party to get the rebate.

For what its worth my 2 cents, I didn't spend enough time on the test drive and discovered couple of issues and dislikes. This RX is my 3rd Lexus (2014 IS250 FSport & 2017 GX460) also currently have a '17 Highlander Hybrid

1) Engine is noisy. I already removed the Fsport noise generator and replaced with the non-Fsport part thanks to this forum! Engine noise is not as prominent now. I think I can live with it.
2) Tire noise IMO too much and cheapens the car. My '17 GX was super quiet & the '17 Highlander is also much quieter than this RX. Currently reading 75DB with up to 80DB on concrete highways. Highlander is reading 65-70DB. I'm buying a set of Michelins to replace the Bridgetone OEMs and will report back if the tire noise improves.
3) 8-speed transmission is not very good. Didn't read the forums until I already bought the car and noticed the same problems everyone is experiencing (hesitation, 8th gear lugging & droning, gear confusion). 2 service departments told me to give the car 1000 miles to learn my driving habits.

I just read most of that forum post, i was also wondering if this only affects the RX model? i have a 2014 f-sport is350 which also has a 8 speed tranny and dont feel any considerable changes in power throughout the powerband.
Old 11-02-18, 08:33 AM
someguyJC
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dealer recommendations

This forum has helped me immensely in my car search, so I wanted to provide my own two cents in the hopes that another can benefit. Someone asked about dealers before, so here are two in the NY metro area that I've had a positive experience with:

Lexus of Chester Springs (Pennsylvania)

New Country Lexus of Westport (Connecticut)
Prior contact: Sarah Dos Santos

The second point of contact actually came from a referral off this site (thanks fellow CL lister!), but as of 10/31, Sarah has moved on to other endeavors. Still, it probably won't hurt to try and work with someone else at that dealership--they seem to be an aggressive volume dealer. I also had excellent interactions with Michelle at Lexus of Chester Springs. She was upfront with her pricing at the very onset, and genuinely nice and patient throughout my search.

In the end, I went with the Connecticut dealership's offer. I pulled the trigger on an '18 F Sport with an MSRP of 59,768. The pre-rebate sale price was 53,200, which seemed reasonable enough for me. You guys may do better though as '18 draws to a close with improved incentives, your superior negotiation skills, etc. Good luck!

Last edited by someguyJC; 11-02-18 at 08:37 AM.
cp2012 (11-03-18)
Old 11-02-18, 09:44 AM
critten
Rookie

I pretty much got the same price percentage off + rebate as you! right at 11% ish then with rebate it goes to 14%ish off MSRP. I got a 56000msrp rx only though so you got a great discount on an Fsport that they usually don't discount as much.

a dealer in my city offers 2 years maintenance on any new lexus, so I got talked this dealer into giving me that too.

edit: for reference i purchased on oct 31, not november.

Last edited by critten; 11-02-18 at 09:50 AM.
Old 11-02-18, 01:31 PM
goodygoody
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I pretty much got the same price percentage off + rebate as you! right at 11% ish then with rebate it goes to 14%ish off MSRP. I got a 56000msrp rx only though so you got a great discount on an Fsport that they usually don't discount as much.

a dealer in my city offers 2 years maintenance on any new lexus, so I got talked this dealer into giving me that too.

edit: for reference i purchased on oct 31, not november.
I got $8,000 ($6500+1500 rebate)off in July while the selection was great, on a RX that listed for $53,164.
It was 15.04% off. The sticker was actually marked up to $53,959 because they added interior and exterior paint protection . I didn’t include that in percentage off because I think it’s inflated and bogus.
critten (11-12-18)
Old 11-02-18, 04:35 PM
wktjr
Pit Crew

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

This is the only forum I've belonged to that fixates on percentage of sticker off. From what I've seen California and Texas seem to get the best deals. In New England, Toyota and Lexus are very popular so savings like that are harder to come by. Not saying it's impossible, but it's market based.

Last edited by wktjr; 11-12-18 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-04-18, 09:49 AM
dotbowels
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wktjr
This is the only forum I've belonged to that fixates on percentage of sticker off. From what I've seen California and Texas seem to get the best deals. In New England, Toyota and Lexus are very popular so savings like that are harder to come by. Not saving it's impossible, but it's market based.
“fixates on percentage off”

Easiest way to compare deals. $6000 off on a $49,000 list is great, but $6,0000 off , not so great on a $62,000 list. Equalizes things a little.
rusn007 (11-04-18)
Old 11-07-18, 05:19 PM
suxelxr
Driver School Candidate

Default Best APR

What’s the best apr people have gotten so far? I request members to comment. We have good credit history.
Got offered a 46 otd for VA tax on a 2019 for 51k msrp. We did not take it up. Are being offered the same 46k otd on 2018 by another dealer but I guess that would include the Lexus cash so we would not be able to get 0% APR for 60 months.
Old 11-08-18, 04:56 PM
jmano1
Driver School Candidate

Default Looking for best price in Houston, Dallas or Austin area

I want to buy 2018 RX350L. I want navigation, ventilated seats, back up camera. Any experience or best prices in TX. Thank you.
Old 11-10-18, 03:47 PM
sagarpatel
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by suxelxr
What’s the best apr people have gotten so far? I request members to comment. We have good credit history.
Got offered a 46 otd for VA tax on a 2019 for 51k msrp. We did not take it up. Are being offered the same 46k otd on 2018 by another dealer but I guess that would include the Lexus cash so we would not be able to get 0% APR for 60 months.
can you please share which dealer this was?
Old 11-11-18, 01:15 PM
suxelxr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sagarpatel

can you please share which dealer this was?
2019 was Lexus of silver spring MD. 46 otd was quoted by 2 dealers pohanka lexus chantilly VA and Lindsay lexus of Alexandria VA.

Quick Reply: 2018 RX Best Prices So Far?