RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2018 RX Best Prices So Far?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-18, 07:36 AM
dchan865
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by vintage38
I live in NC, but willing to drive. What discount are they offering? I'm currently looking at a few RX 350's with a MSRP of $54,300.
I'd likely submit some bids from one of those car buying sites like true car dot com. That was how I did it with one of my cars awhile back. If they want your business, I am sure they will deal.
Old 05-22-18, 08:55 AM
KCK
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Jeff,
Thank you for your input on leasing RX, and where you found your deals. I live in OC in So Cal, so that might be a little far for us to go get a lease on a car, if they are the only ones willing to do a deal. I am looking to lease from any LA, or OC dealers. Does anyone happen to come across any great deals that would mind sharing?

I am looking to lease a RX Base with a few added extra's. Blind spot, Nav, Moonroof. I have found two. One with Crown Lexus, and one out in Riverside Lexus.

My Question as I posted earlier was: Lexus did last year in October 2017, $0 down, and $351 Plus MSD. Does anyone know if they will be doing this same deal again.
Old 05-24-18, 12:21 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,079 Likes on 1,570 Posts

try longo lexus. strongest dealer on the west coast, if not the country. i must've emailed 20-25 dealers for quotes when I got my Lexus, and Longo crushed them all by a longshot first time without any haggling. all the other dealers were either arrogant, rude, way high (in price) and didn't come close.
Old 05-24-18, 03:10 PM
Usual
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm curious how much people feel they need to save to justify traveling to pick up their vehicle instead of just buying locally.
Old 05-24-18, 03:20 PM
KCK
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by E46CT
try longo lexus. strongest dealer on the west coast, if not the country. i must've emailed 20-25 dealers for quotes when I got my Lexus, and Longo crushed them all by a longshot first time without any haggling. all the other dealers were either arrogant, rude, way high (in price) and didn't come close.
Thank you, so much for letting me know about Longo Lexus. When the time is right I will email them or call.
Old 05-25-18, 04:27 AM
vintage38
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Usual
I'm curious how much people feel they need to save to justify traveling to pick up their vehicle instead of just buying locally.
My local dealer quoted me $4000 off a 2018 RX350. Out of state dealer (5 hours away) quoted me $7000 off. For $3000 I'll be driving out of state. If my local dealer came in under $1000 differnce I'd buy in town. The local dealer's sales manager said the owner of the dealership won't let them go into the hold back money, kind of a shame for the local dealer that a local buyer has to travel 5 hours to buy a Lexus. Being a small business owner I'd love to stay local and keep the business local but since the owner of the dealership has more money than me, I don't feel bad. Maybe the local dealer can make it up on the servce when I bring it in. Lol
Old 05-25-18, 08:44 AM
KCK
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello

My local dealer quoted me $4000 off a 2018 RX350. Out of state dealer (5 hours away) quoted me $7000 off. For $3000 I'll be driving out of state. If my local dealer came in under $1000 differnce I'd buy in town. The local dealer's sales manager said the owner of the dealership won't let them go into the hold back money, kind of a shame for the local dealer that a local buyer has to travel 5 hours to buy a Lexus. Being a small business owner I'd love to stay local and keep the business local but since the owner of the dealership has more money than me, I don't feel bad. Maybe the local dealer can make it up on the servce when I bring it in. Lol
I would like to know if you live in So Cal, and if you would mind share the dealership that you saved money on buying the SUV. You mentioned you drove 5hrs the get the car. Would this be out in Las Vegas?
Old 05-25-18, 09:41 AM
xcinlb
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KCK
Hi Jeff,
Thank you for your input on leasing RX, and where you found your deals. I live in OC in So Cal, so that might be a little far for us to go get a lease on a car, if they are the only ones willing to do a deal. I am looking to lease from any LA, or OC dealers. Does anyone happen to come across any great deals that would mind sharing?

I am looking to lease a RX Base with a few added extra's. Blind spot, Nav, Moonroof. I have found two. One with Crown Lexus, and one out in Riverside Lexus.

My Question as I posted earlier was: Lexus did last year in October 2017, $0 down, and $351 Plus MSD. Does anyone know if they will be doing this same deal again.
Nobody knows what will be offered in October, by Lexus or any other manufacturer. Judging by the numbers and general consensus on Leasehacker, Lexus has tightened their offers and I bet you won't be finding aggressive offers again. You can try Lexus in Glendale or Beverly Hills, they seem to offer descent deals. Just do a search of RX350 on LH site and you'll get plenty of information, albeit, it was all in 2016/2017 when deals were good.
Old 05-25-18, 02:28 PM
Geekteach
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

When I began searching for a 2016 RX450h in May 2016, local dealerships were offering less than $2000 off sticker. Since that was unacceptable to me, I began searching for my new RX at large dealerships, located up to 500 miles away. I contacted these dealerships online, and let my fingers do the searching. Lexus of Carlsbad, located 450 miles away, offered me a $7,000 discount on a special order. I got exactly the vehicle I wanted (and still love) at a price far below sticker. It was well worth the 3 month wait for it.

Last edited by Geekteach; 05-25-18 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-25-18, 02:42 PM
Geekteach
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Geekteach
When I began searching for a 2016 RX450h in May 2016, local dealerships were offering less than $2000 off sticker. Since that was unacceptable to me, I began searching for my new RX at large dealerships, located up to 500 miles away. I contacted these dealerships online, and let my fingers do the searching. Lexus of Carlsbad, located 450 miles away, offered me a $7,000 discount on a special order. I got exactly the vehicle I wanted (and still love) at a price far below sticker. It was well worth the 3 month wait for it.
Originally Posted by tsr759
Hi, I'm also looking to purchase a RX450h in Arizona. MSRP is $62559. I was quoted $59000 before taxes. Can you please let me know how much did they quote you before taxes. Also a dealer in CA quoted me $57000 for the same car.
My 2016 RX450h listed at $63,049. Lexus of Carlsbad (CA) sold it for $7,000 less.
Old 05-25-18, 05:31 PM
EXE46
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Which dealer quoted you the $7000 off? I'm in South Florida and won't mind buying out of state if the price is right.
Old 05-25-18, 06:48 PM
Geekteach
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by xcinlb
Any recommendations for dealers in Souther California? I have sent emails to Jim Falk and Thousand Oaks, but not really getting anywhere for a 2018 RX450h. I realize they don't have many in stock at this time and the one I have built out with heated seats, 20" rims, rear brake and blind spot and upgraded navigation screen comes out to about $51,300. I don't need a sunroof, never used it in the past, don't need other options either. Thanks
Try Lexus of Carlsbad. I strongly suggest that you deal only with their Internet salesperson, though. In my experience, he was the only salesman who kept to his word, AND he ordered my 2016 RX450h to my exact specifications. I got $7,000 off sticker at a time when other dealerships offered less than $2,000 off on the new 4gen models.
Old 05-28-18, 08:02 PM
Justkat
Driver School Candidate

Anyone going to Atlanta to buy? What dealers do you recommend? I'm in Charlotte, NC and I have been dealing with Hendrick for the past few days and they just refuse to play ball. I'm about done dealing with them. I test drove the car today, a new RX350. I've asked (via email) for a quote on a lease and I've said the quote has to include the cap cost, etc. (all the metrics behind the lease price). Not only won't they tell me these numbers, they just keep throwing out $700 a month with $700 down, for 36 months/10k miles (MSRP = $50,814). That's way too much.
Old 05-28-18, 11:07 PM
Geekteach
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Justkat
Anyone going to Atlanta to buy? What dealers do you recommend? I'm in Charlotte, NC and I have been dealing with Hendrick for the past few days and they just refuse to play ball. I'm about done dealing with them. I test drove the car today, a new RX350. I've asked (via email) for a quote on a lease and I've said the quote has to include the cap cost, etc. (all the metrics behind the lease price). Not only won't they tell me these numbers, they just keep throwing out $700 a month with $700 down, for 36 months/10k miles (MSRP = $50,814). That's way too much.
Don't waste your time with dealerships that won't play ball. There are just too many dealerships that "will" offer good discounts. Be prepared to walk away when sales people treat you like you don't have a brain. Do your shopping online; don't waste your time traveling to non-compliant dealerships. If you have a military connection, seek out dealerships in states with no sales tax. In CA, we go to Oregon for car purchases, and save several thousands on state sales tax and registration fees.
Old 05-29-18, 05:30 AM
Justkat
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Geekteach
Don't waste your time with dealerships that won't play ball. There are just too many dealerships that "will" offer good discounts. Be prepared to walk away when sales people treat you like you don't have a brain. Do your shopping online; don't waste your time traveling to non-compliant dealerships. If you have a military connection, seek out dealerships in states with no sales tax. In CA, we go to Oregon for car purchases, and save several thousands on state sales tax and registration fees.
Thanks, it's really sad when I have to start thinking about travelling 4-5 hours away to get a decent deal, with my dealership 15 minutes away doesn't want to be bothered.

I was told that even if I purchase in a state with no or lower sales tax, that I would still get charged 3% NC sales tax, because that's where I live and where the car would be registered.

Quick Reply: 2018 RX Best Prices So Far?