RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

remote start question

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-17, 07:50 AM
JSracer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 103 Posts
Default remote start question

lol, dumb question, but if you remote start a 450, the climate control and seats go to the desired settings ?? do the front or rear defrost also based on outside temperature ??

thanks!!
Old 12-20-17, 01:51 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 496 Likes on 376 Posts

Sad to see not a single 450h owner will chime in. I wish I could help but I live in Florida and have never used the remote start function before. I would think it used you last settings.

Got to be getting close!
Old 12-20-17, 06:41 PM
JSracer
Instructor

Today at noon, its finally home. So worth the wait. Loving it so far.
The hud is great, so glad i waited for it. I'll post up some details in the morning.

Loving the atomic /black. Pano top, much better than i remember, nice contrast with the grey pillars and roof.
Crazy it can look dark brown or silver just by flipping light switches in the garage.

Phone remote app says pending, time to read and push buttons over the next few days and weeks.
The following 2 users liked this post by JSracer:
ggebhardt (12-21-17), John828 (05-02-20)
Old 12-22-17, 11:24 AM
elimmigran
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I'll try it when I get home and report back but it'll be difficult because when I remote start and open a door, the truck automatically turns off.
Old 12-22-17, 12:04 PM
JSracer
Instructor

Looks like setting resume, seat as well if set to auto.
Not sure about defrost or anything else.

Not sure if im missing something, but the vehicle has no parking lights when remote started? To indicate running.
The 3 lock on the remote is tricky for me too. lights blink like crazy, then dark when running.

Last edited by JSracer; 12-23-17 at 05:03 AM.
Old 12-23-17, 12:21 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I don't use key fob due to limited range. When I get out of car, I set controls where I want them and turn off car. Car is restarted using application on phone.

I vaguely remember, with car running, set controls where you want and set memorize seat position. When you memorize with that fob, using that fob to remote start sets controls to match that fob. I don't remember if that is right or not.

Takes so so long for car to warm up, need to restart twice.
Old 12-23-17, 05:03 AM
JSracer
Instructor

Thanks DunWkg
Old 12-25-17, 08:52 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 496 Likes on 376 Posts

So how are you liking?
Old 12-25-17, 12:35 PM
JSracer
Instructor

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
So how are you liking?
Only 250 miles on it, but loving it so far. So glad i went with the 450. So smooth
The headlights seem great, have not adjusted them.
​​​​The pano roof makes it feel more spacious, and the ML audio sounds very nice. Still playing with settings and pushing buttons, learning all i can.

Paint protection film this week, dropping off tomorrow for a full front and some front door window tint too.
Heater seems to work great, and enjoying the automatic temperature on the seats. The heated wheel is nice too.
Looking forward to many great miles with it.
Old 12-26-17, 03:42 AM
JSracer
Instructor

no snow mode listed on my 4th gen 2017 450 model. guessing it ended in 3rd gen, or the option stayed out of the states. i also have cold weather package.
eco normal and sport are my only options.
Attached Thumbnails remote start question-screenshot-14-.png  
Old 01-04-18, 08:08 AM
vipinckv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote start

hello mates, Glad that there is a discussion thread on this topic as I was about to start one. So I have the same question as JSracer but its more for an 2017 RX350.. Me being in east coast, I always use the remote start option using my phone app .Tried a few buttons and this is what I found till now. . May be I am missing something and thats where I need your help.
1. Steering wheel does not get heaten up automatically when i start remote. have to manually switch it on once i am in the car.
2. even if i put in auto mode while i get down, when i remote start the vehicle next time, it does not heat up properly
3. steering wheel will take sometime to get warm (its just warm enough after say 10mins and stays that way). but by the time, i will be comfortable enough in the car.
4. what should I do to defrost the front and back mirrors automatically while remote start (same question as the OP)

Thanks
Vipin

Last edited by vipinckv; 01-04-18 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Just corrected the year. its my bad,
Old 01-04-18, 08:32 AM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 132 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by vipinckv
hello mates, Glad that there is a discussion thread on this topic as I was about to start one. So I have the same question as JSracer but its more for an '07 RX350.. Me being in east coast, I always use the remote start option using my phone app .Tried a few buttons and this is what I found till now. . May be I am missing something and thats where I need your help.
1. Steering wheel does not get heaten up automatically when i start remote. have to manually switch it on once i am in the car.
2. even if i put in auto mode while i get down, when i remote start the vehicle next time, it does not heat up properly
3. steering wheel will take sometime to get warm (its just warm enough after say 10mins and stays that way). but by the time, i will be comfortable enough in the car.
4. what should I do to defrost the front and back mirrors automatically while remote start (same question as the OP)

Thanks
Vipin
All those extra auxiliary functions will need more wiring or module option settings. You have to ask installer about this extra thing you want. No sense discussing here.
Seek ouit a real pro. in the business and state what you want to him then he'll answer every thing you want to know. There are so many quacks in the mobile electronics
business, finding good one is by word of mouth or your responsibility. Or move up to more luxury vehicle with all those bells and whistles.
The following users liked this post:
vipinckv (01-04-18)
Old 01-04-18, 08:46 AM
vipinckv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Htony
All those extra auxiliary functions will need more wiring or module option settings. You have to ask installer about this extra thing you want. No sense discussing here.
Seek ouit a real pro. in the business and state what you want to him then he'll answer every thing you want to know. There are so many quacks in the mobile electronics
business, finding good one is by word of mouth or your responsibility. Or move up to more luxury vehicle with all those bells and whistles.
Oh my!!....I thought, that's why the forums are for.Let me clarify. Per my understanding, my car has all the bells and whistles which are required minimum for all those I mentioned above (it has cold climate package and premium package. i missed to mention that earlier). So i have to disagree on your comments on additional wiring and installations. Its just that I may not know how to enable them/disable them. I am posting here so that any fellow mates who were in similar situation can help out. That way i can avoid a drive to the dealership in this severe cold climate in east side. Hope you understand.
Old 01-04-18, 08:59 AM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts

was remote start an OEM option in 2007?
Old 01-04-18, 11:44 AM
NVAKeith
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

As Htony mentioned... to have accessories activitated when the remote starts is used you need to talk to the remote starter installer, not the Lexus dealership. Lexus didn't offer a factory remote start for the '07 which is why they can't help you (unless your dealer offers third party equipment).

My wife's MDX has a factory remote start on it. When utilized in winter it will turn on defrosters and seat heaters; in the summer it turns on the AC on high.

Quick Reply: remote start question