RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Finally! A quiet F-sport

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-18, 08:18 PM
elimmigran
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Has anyone done this to a 450?
Old 05-09-19, 11:44 AM
Robbiez808
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by elimmigran

Has anyone done this to a 450?
I tried to do this to my 450RX and it was way too hard....they buried the resonator behind a bunch of junk. Im thinking of asking the dealer to do it. I bought the part but after a couple hours, i gave up
Old 05-09-19, 02:57 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Robbiez808
I tried to do this to my 450RX and it was way too hard....they buried the resonator behind a bunch of junk. Im thinking of asking the dealer to do it. I bought the part but after a couple hours, i gave up
I second that...I bought it too and THEN discovered it wasn't an easy thing to do at all. Glad it was only like $18.
Old 08-23-19, 07:28 AM
lexer1000
Driver School Candidate

Question

I am interested in getting the 2020 RX F sport, and there is a package with fake engine sound. I like the other options in this package, but not the fake sound.

Does anybody know, once you turn it off, does it remain off the next time you drive the vehicle?

Last edited by lexer1000; 08-23-19 at 07:49 AM.
Old 08-23-19, 07:40 AM
Koo
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexer1000
I am interested in getting the 2020 RX F sport, and there is a package with fake engine sound. I like the other options in this package, but not the fake sound.

Does anybody know, once you turn it off, does it remain off the next time you drive the vehicle? Or do you have to go in and turn it off every time you start the engine?
where do you see this "fake engine sound" / document??
Old 08-23-19, 07:46 AM
lexer1000
Driver School Candidate

I know from this review that it can be turned off, I just don't know if it will remain off next time I start the car. Here is an excerpt of the review:
The all-wheel-drive RXs we sampled were all equipped with the optional F Sport package, of which there are now two available. The first package adds slightly different exterior and interior styling, Sport+ and Custom driving modes, and retuned adaptive dampers. The second package takes things up a notch with retuned steering, a cold-air intake, and fake engine noises piped through the stereo that we can't help but admit to enjoying. But don't worry if you don't feel the same; you can turn that feature off. In the Sport and Sport+ settings, the RX's steering firms up nicely and the powertrains are quicker to respond, but you still shouldn't call this Lexus "sporty."

URL: https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...-rx450h-drive/
The following users liked this post:
john2307 (04-23-20)
Old 08-23-19, 08:08 AM
Koo
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexer1000
I know from this review that it can be turned off, I just don't know if it will remain off next time I start the car. Here is an excerpt of the review:
The all-wheel-drive RXs we sampled were all equipped with the optional F Sport package, of which there are now two available. The first package adds slightly different exterior and interior styling, Sport+ and Custom driving modes, and retuned adaptive dampers. The second package takes things up a notch with retuned steering, a cold-air intake, and fake engine noises piped through the stereo that we can't help but admit to enjoying. But don't worry if you don't feel the same; you can turn that feature off. In the Sport and Sport+ settings, the RX's steering firms up nicely and the powertrains are quicker to respond, but you still shouldn't call this Lexus "sporty."

URL: https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...-rx450h-drive/

ahh i see, muchas gracias . I like the retuned steering and cold air intake, not sure about fake engine noises tho. That reminds me in my high school days, I had a stick civic hatchback with huge subwoofers. Called it The Boombox On Wheels :O
Old 08-26-19, 10:39 AM
tuandino
Pit Crew

Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Robbiez808
For those with 450h fsport. Don't bother install this. The one in the car is exactly the same as with this mod. It does not have any open port. I spent 2 hrs removing enough junks to get to the resonator and disappointed to find out that i don't need to replace it at all LOL....
The following 3 users liked this post by tuandino:
elimmigran (08-26-19), ericsan13 (08-26-19), john2307 (04-23-20)
Old 08-26-19, 10:43 AM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by tuandino
For those with 450h fsport. Don't bother install this. The one in the car is exactly the same as with this mod. It does not have any open port. I spent 2 hrs removing enough junks to get to the resonator and disappointed to find out that i don't need to replace it at all LOL....
Yeah, I bought it. Took a look under the hood and said freak it, and threw the part away. Only $20.
elimmigran (08-26-19)
Old 08-26-19, 04:46 PM
tuandino
Pit Crew

Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts

it suppresses the sound. make it quieter and less intrusive
Old 02-21-20, 10:33 AM
Racecruzer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello there ;-) - looking at the stock resonator image on the right (GR-F), it there a hose attached to that skinny pipe left of #4? Thank you!
Old 04-07-20, 06:09 PM
manfrtj
10th Gear

Hello, Thank you for sharing this. My local dealer told me that they can't replace it and if I do it, it could void warranty on my 2020 RX350 F sport performance. I am wondering has anyone tried putting on sound deadening material, e.g. Noico, Dynamat.
Old 04-07-20, 07:27 PM
GSFRX350
Advanced

Received 154 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by manfrtj
Hello, Thank you for sharing this. My local dealer told me that they can't replace it and if I do it, it could void warranty on my 2020 RX350 F sport performance. I am wondering has anyone tried putting on sound deadening material, e.g. Noico, Dynamat.
Some of these dealers are real **** - that's ridiculous saying they won't replace the resonator, the engine is identical to non-F Sport ones. I bought my resonator from the dealer, he knew I was doing it, the service adviser explained to me how easy it was and since than have had the vacuum pump TSB done under warranty, a AUD5000 job.

Sound deadening material would need to be applied up the firewall area, right up behind the dash, would be very difficult I would think to cover it completely.

Last edited by kitlz; 04-08-20 at 03:22 AM.
manfrtj (04-08-20)
Old 04-08-20, 12:43 PM
manfrtj
10th Gear

I called the 2 Lexus dealers and both of them said they can't work on it to swap it out, and told me it could void my warranty.... Anyhow, I am thinking of placing the deadening mat or piece of it on the sound generator itself. Based on what I've read, the mat should change the vibration characteristics and hopefully make it more muted sound. Sounds like not many people tried this approach yet.
Old 12-12-20, 08:35 PM
Schweden
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For those of you that did the swap out, what tool did you use to swap the resonator out with? I bought the part but the resonator is very deep in and I can't seem to fit a screwdriver into the space.

Quick Reply: Finally! A quiet F-sport