RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Water inside car/drain clogged (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-16, 10:27 AM
Lexus1998
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have seen this repair before as I was curious when I saw the complete headliner off an older Gen RX and basically all of the carpet removed, it was due to drain clog after asking, They remove headliner and most of carpet to wipe it down with some anti-mold wash and then dry. Looking at it seemed like over kill, I personally would take the risk of mold then to have this tear down completed. I would check with them to see how much of the interior they are planning on removing.
Old 11-18-16, 02:17 PM
Rm0104
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spider web clogs ac duct

I have had the same problem with my Lexus RX 2016. Bought in feb and had huge leak noticed in oct. Dealership has had my car for nearly 6 weeks - gave it back once with carpet still soaked . Says spider web clogged ac duct, said they'd "fix" as favor. They have been completely evasive and non-communicative- we brought up that nearly 1,000,000 toyotas were recalled in 2013 for same problem- which in same cases resulted in spontaneous air bag deployment. They still have my car and Santa Monica dealership has frankly been shady- they know somethings up and won't say it (hence why after 5 weeks my car remains there ). Unless this is addressed properly, I feel unsafe driving this car

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...e-control.html
Old 11-18-16, 02:33 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 507 Likes on 363 Posts

The fix for that recall to cover airbag control middle with protective cover in case the water leaked. They did not address the water blockage.

If it's spider Web, I'm not sure why they could not blow it out with high pressure air or vacuum.
Old 05-25-17, 04:21 PM
CVD
Driver School Candidate

Default Leakage on the passengers floor after a car wash

This is my third time having leakage on the passengers floor after having my car washed. It leaks right under the glove compartment. I took it to the dealership twice. The first time they couldn't find the problem. Second time i recorded and took picture where the leakage came from and they replaced the moonroof. A month later I'm still having this problem. I rarely drive it in the rain so i don't know if the problem happens if it's heavy rain and the car is parked in the garage. Wondering if anyone knows what the problem is? My car is a Rx 350 2016
Old 05-25-17, 04:23 PM
CVD
Driver School Candidate

Default Leakage on the passengers floor after a car wash

This is my third time having leakage on the passengers floor after having my car washed. It leaks right under the glove compartment. I took it to the dealership twice. The first time they couldn't find the problem. Second time i recorded and took picture where the leakage came from and they replaced the moonroof. A month later I'm still having this problem. I rarely drive it in the rain so i don't know if the problem happens if it's heavy rain and the car is parked in the garage. Wondering if anyone knows what the problem is? My car is a Rx 350 2016
Old 05-25-17, 06:45 PM
CVD
Driver School Candidate

Default Leaking on the passengers side on the floor

I have been having a leak on the passengers side on the floor right under the glove compartment on the left side where their is a small opening for a vent or so. I have been taking it to the dealership twice. The first time they couldn't see where the leak was coming from. So the second time it happened, i recorded it and took pictures and showed them where it came from. They end up replacing my moonroof but now it happened again. It only happens when i bring the car to the car wash. My car is not in the rain a lot so i can't tell if it will happen if its heavy rain. And most of the time the car is parked in the garage. The car is only 1 yr old. Wish if somebody can tell me if they know what is the problem. The dealership doesn't seems to know what the issue is......
Old 05-26-17, 03:50 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 378 Posts

You have posted three times. I suspect your energy needs to be spent at the Lexus service department. If you have to get the regional service manager involved.
Old 05-26-17, 05:02 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 615 Likes on 463 Posts

Seems odd that they would just replace your sunroof without actually reproducing and pinpointing the issue. Does the water come out of the foot well heater vent, or that's just where you notice the water sitting? This should be fairly easy for them to diagnose, since I'm sure your dealer has a dreaded auto car-wash. As ggebhardt stated, take it back and have them fix it right this time. Good luck!
Old 05-26-17, 06:29 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

I have had this on other vehicles and it turned out to be with the heating/ac system. There is an area where the vehicle draws in fresh air and the tube leading to the fan was cracked/disconnected. It was very difficult to find as the dealer was reluctant to take apart the dash area to get at the problem. I understood why as it was a big job and they wanted to rule out all other possibilities. Once fixed, worked as it should.
Old 05-26-17, 08:29 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 507 Likes on 363 Posts

Did they check for leaks around the front windshield? Just keep a hose with full water running around the windshield and see if water shows up on the floor.
Old 05-26-17, 05:09 PM
yok3dIS
Intermediate

Received 204 Likes on 79 Posts
Unhappy 2017 RX 350 F Sport

My friend actually has a similar issue. He brought it to the dealer to fix, a month later, it was still there. They later found that spiders nest caused the issue and is considered 'natural cause' for the damages. The dealer then stated (and Lexus sided with the dealer) his RX has water damage and he needs to flip the bill for - $8K.
Old 05-29-17, 10:57 AM
CVD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mike728
Seems odd that they would just replace your sunroof without actually reproducing and pinpointing the issue. Does the water come out of the foot well heater vent, or that's just where you notice the water sitting? This should be fairly easy for them to diagnose, since I'm sure your dealer has a dreaded auto car-wash. As ggebhardt stated, take it back and have them fix it right this time. Good luck!

it seems to come out of the foot well heater vent. That's what I was thinking too that they should of be able to diagnose. Bringing it back to the dealer hopefully they find the problem this time. Thank you for your respond.
Old 05-29-17, 11:04 AM
CVD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
Did they check for leaks around the front windshield? Just keep a hose with full water running around the windshield and see if water shows up on the floor.

Not sure if they did check for the leak around windshield. But I did test that before I brought the car in to the dealer but it didn't leak. It's strange and it only happens every other car wash and I bring it to the same car wash every time too. The dealer didn't give me any explanation what they tested just told me that they replaced the moonroof
Old 05-29-17, 11:06 AM
CVD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FastFord
I have had this on other vehicles and it turned out to be with the heating/ac system. There is an area where the vehicle draws in fresh air and the tube leading to the fan was cracked/disconnected. It was very difficult to find as the dealer was reluctant to take apart the dash area to get at the problem. I understood why as it was a big job and they wanted to rule out all other possibilities. Once fixed, worked as it should.

thank you for sharing your problem. I'm gonna take it back and ask them to check that and hope they will find the problem.
Old 10-06-17, 08:05 AM
dlrshort
Driver School Candidate

Default A/C leak on passengers side

hi guys, I'm trying to locate the best place to unclog this. Where drain pipe exit under the car? Would this be the best place to access? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Water inside car/drain clogged (merged threads)