RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Window Visors (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-16, 07:57 PM
LordBowral
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Smile Side Window Weathershields/Visors

Has anyone had these fitted yet ? Pics would be great to see
Old 03-01-16, 08:39 PM
Jonnguyen1
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LordBowral
Has anyone had these fitted yet ? Pics would be great to see
Not sure if you saw these yet but I posted this in the other thread. Also selling an extra second set of these too.

Old 03-01-16, 08:58 PM
LordBowral
Pole Position

thanks they look great.. are they OEM ? and how much were they please ?
Old 03-02-16, 07:14 AM
Jonnguyen1
Driver School Candidate

It isn't OEM and I paid about $120 for them. I did see the OEM ones on ebay from Japan, but they were like $700.
Old 03-02-16, 08:06 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

I like these.

Do they cause any extra wind noise at highway speeds. I have had these window vent shades before and they made a good bit of noise but that was long ago. these look streamline.

I might be giving my age away but when I was 18 years old I worked for a company called Auto Vent Shade in Chamblee Georgia. We made them except the were made from stainless steel.
Old 03-02-16, 08:23 AM
tomtom74
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I just ordered one from Ebay for $95 with free shiipping
Old 03-02-16, 04:34 PM
Jonnguyen1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RXOwner
I like these.

Do they cause any extra wind noise at highway speeds. I have had these window vent shades before and they made a good bit of noise but that was long ago. these look streamline.

I might be giving my age away but when I was 18 years old I worked for a company called Auto Vent Shade in Chamblee Georgia. We made them except the were made from stainless steel.
They are very solid and very low profile so they barely if at all move in the wind. No complaints for me!
Old 06-26-17, 07:22 PM
chunktwo
Pole Position

Default Window Visors (merged threads)

After purchasing our RX350 in late April I was on the search for some window visors. On our other vehicles (RSX and IS300) we had WeatherTech window visors and loved the way they look since they tuck into the window track for a clean look.

However, it seems WeatherTech has not or may not be developing similar window visors so I was on the search for other available options on the RX350. I came across the JDM ones - but i couldn't justify the price tag to myself or to my wife considering they are just four pieces of plastic. I also came across a brand called WELL Visors - Having not heard of them before I was hesitant - but after some researching I saw they got positive reviews for other vehicles. My only reservation was that the visors were mounted with two clips and double sided tape per door. While personally, I prefer the look of the visor being tucked away in the window track but there weren't any other options for the RX350 that I could find.

So based on a combination of available options, positive reviews of the visors for other cars, and an eBay Flash sale (15$ off 75$) - i pulled the trigger on these visors.

The installation was pretty straightforward - i just followed the video the company posted - make sure to pull the tape from underneath the visor- i didn't pay attention and started pulling from above and realized that the clips prevented me from pull the tape off in one strip.
My only suggestion is that you test fit the visors on every door several times and take note of how you want them to look and line up with the door. I had to use some pressure to ensure that top of the visor lined up with the door edge so that it looked seamless.

I am pleasantly surprised with the way they look even considering they are mounted by double sided tape, as was my wife - which like most wives are critical of their husbands spending money on a car or modifying a brand new car. I do wish that they were a little more lower profile (personal preference) but realistically it doesnt make a difference and it is not as if they are protruding significantly from the door.

there is no noticeable wind noise when driving around town. There is some wind noise at highway speeds (70+) but I am not sure if that is more attritubuted to the visors or the roof rack. Either case it's not significant enough in my opinion to bother me.

So onto the pictures - In the third photo I attempted to show how much they came away from the door. (after posting I realized that the photos aren't the best - ill try to get better ones during the day)
Attached Thumbnails Window Visors (merged threads)-img_2239.jpg   Window Visors (merged threads)-img_2240.jpg   Window Visors (merged threads)-img_2241.jpg   Window Visors (merged threads)-img_2242.jpg  

Last edited by chunktwo; 08-02-17 at 01:32 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by chunktwo:
egolfer (06-26-17), FastFord (06-27-17)
Old 06-26-17, 07:51 PM
egolfer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info. I have JDM visors on my GSF, but didn't want to spend that much on My wife's IS 300 AWD. These should work nicely for her.
Old 06-27-17, 04:40 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

I have had similar visors as these. The double sided tape worked very well. Thought it might let go someday, but it didn't. They work well on those rainy days and keep the water out, letting in some extra air, etc. Look good, thanks for the post!
Old 06-27-17, 08:59 PM
16rx350
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought the original JDM visors and installed them myself. You have to test fit them before final installation but all went smoothly.
The oem deflectors are very well made. It looks like the chrome is actually metal. They are very low profile and match the car perfectly. Are they worth the high price tag? It all depends on whether you can afford them and whether you think they're worth the price. On my previous RX350 I bought aftermarket ones and after a year the plastic coated chrome started to peel and crack. The plastic chrome faded and started to look dull. I also checked out the weathertech window track visors but didn't like the fact they made the window opening smaller since they start at the top of the window rather than the door frame. I'm hoping that because the oem ones cost so much they will last as long as the car itself! Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 06-28-17, 04:43 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

They look good, they blend in very well on the RX..
Old 06-28-17, 05:23 AM
chunktwo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 16rx350
I bought the original JDM visors and installed them myself. You have to test fit them before final installation but all went smoothly.
The oem deflectors are very well made. It looks like the chrome is actually metal. They are very low profile and match the car perfectly. Are they worth the high price tag? It all depends on whether you can afford them and whether you think they're worth the price. On my previous RX350 I bought aftermarket ones and after a year the plastic coated chrome started to peel and crack. The plastic chrome faded and started to look dull. I also checked out the weathertech window track visors but didn't like the fact they made the window opening smaller since they start at the top of the window rather than the door frame. I'm hoping that because the oem ones cost so much they will last as long as the car itself! Keeping my fingers crossed!

i am a bit worried about the chrome peeling as well - but i figured at the price.. i can always replace them if it gets to that point - or i can spray them with some chrome paint or something similar.
Old 06-28-17, 08:16 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Appreciate the review and pictures, the visors flow with your RX nicely. I think I will get some too after I tint mine.
Old 06-28-17, 08:17 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 16rx350
Would you happen to have pictures and where you purchased yours?

Quick Reply: Window Visors (merged threads)