RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Help Please RX 350 Luxury or Premium Package

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-17, 05:34 PM
Ibmimi
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help Please RX 350 Luxury or Premium Package

I need to decide in the next couple of days, whether to go with the Luxury or Premium Package ..... I keep going back and forth.

I don't care for the feel of the Bamboo steering wheel, but Will I be that pleased with the Luxury Package to spend the Extra money? I'm retired now, so don't won't to make a mistake I wish I hadn't!

I Need Advice Please ..... has anyone gotten the Luxury Package and wished they hadn't and vice-a-versa???
Also, the Luxury has Mud Flaps, do I need those? I'm a woman, so I don't know what they are.

Guys, any help would be truly appreciated! Thanks
Old 05-27-17, 12:57 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Why would anyone regret having the upgrades in the Luxury package? I don't think anyone would regret better leather, more comfortable front seats, heated steering wheel, rear window sunshades, and ambient lighting. There are also other nice features usually tied in with the Luxury package like Mark Levinson stereo, premium triple beam headlights, panoramic view monitor, panorama glass roof, and heads up display, which all really contribute to a really nice car.

My father went from a Premium package 2016 RX350 to a Luxury package 2017 RX350 and he has loved it ever since. If you can afford it, get the Luxury package.
The following 2 users liked this post by dchar:
ggebhardt (05-27-17), Ibmimi (05-27-17)
Old 05-27-17, 02:20 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 497 Likes on 377 Posts

If you have the extra money you will not regret spending it here.
The following 2 users liked this post by ggebhardt:
Ibmimi (05-27-17), satnav (05-27-17)
Old 05-27-17, 04:26 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Ibmimi welcome to the forum and I agree with all the comments above. If you can afford the extra amount, treat yourself well in your retirement with the RX for many years to come!

To note:
1. The semi-aniline leather alone is worth the premium (to me) for the buttery soft premium feel to the leather compared to a more conventional "stiffer" leather in the non-Luxury versions. Also, the smell of the interior with this leather is sublime (worth $ to me)
2. You also have the cushion extender which provides added support to your legs.
3. As for the mudflaps, it's the black plastic "flaps" found at the front and rear wheel wells (shown is the rear).

Here's a nice video going through the features of the luxury package regarding the leather seats and cushion extender. Heads-Up Display and a couple other features are optional though in this video. Hope this helps and post your decision and your new RX when you get it!

Last edited by corradoMR2; 05-27-17 at 04:31 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by corradoMR2:
exonw (07-21-20), Ibmimi (05-27-17)
Old 05-27-17, 07:04 AM
Ibmimi
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks corradoMR2! This video is Awesome ... Wow!

I know my hesitation in deciding has been due to a Couple of hang-ups.

1. I Keep my Moon-roof Shade closed now, so I'd never use it.

Also, those Dark Colored Inserts on the wheels .... those .... I do not like period!
The video mentioned changing them out, for what and I'm assuming more money .... or can they be changed out for something in a lighter color before purchasing?

I'm wanting a Pearl White RX350/ Parchment Interior. I'd had a 330RX, so I realize I'm probably comparing the RX350 to the old look. I've had the Mark Levinson sound system in a couple of vehicles, so that I appreciate.

Thanks also, for the mud flap pic. In my head, all I just vision was the back of an 18 wheeler with flaps.

I realize you guys understand so much more than a women does, so I truly appreciate all your info and comments!
Old 05-28-17, 10:24 AM
Cocal
Racer

Received 342 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by Ibmimi
I need to decide in the next couple of days, whether to go with the Luxury or Premium Package ..... I keep going back and forth.

I don't care for the feel of the Bamboo steering wheel, but Will I be that pleased with the Luxury Package to spend the Extra money? I'm retired now, so don't won't to make a mistake I wish I hadn't!

I Need Advice Please ..... has anyone gotten the Luxury Package and wished they hadn't and vice-a-versa???
Also, the Luxury has Mud Flaps, do I need those? I'm a woman, so I don't know what they are.

Guys, any help would be truly appreciated! Thanks
I'm in Canada so the trim levels differ, (Standard, Luxury, Executive) & Sport. I looked at all of them and found the best value to be the Luxury, Didnot want the pano roof and the executive had a lot of bells & whistles that I'd not use and for the additional $ not worth it.
The sport to me is an oxymoron, if I wanted a sporting vehicle I'd not be looking at a SUV. In the end only you can decide what's right for you
The following users liked this post:
Ibmimi (05-28-17)
Old 05-28-17, 01:32 PM
PCW
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

There are two items the Luxury Pkg has included that the Premium Pkg does not : 4-way lumbar vs 2 way and Semi-Aniline leather, which is softer and dyed all the way through. Additionally if you get the triple beam headlights you also get LED DRLs which, in my opinion, look much better than the DRLs in the non-Luxury versions.
Ibmimi (05-28-17)
Old 05-29-17, 04:59 AM
PeeVee
Advanced

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

I got luxury also for the leather seats, LED headlights and rear lights and handsfree voice command system (usefull for the phone and GPS), and 20" wheels.
Old 05-30-17, 06:38 AM
NickL
Instructor

Received 172 Likes on 121 Posts

I would get the Luxury package over the premium just for the semi-aniline leather and the triple beam head lamps. Not only the headlamps are better, the tail lights are also better too. Look closer on the tail lamps of a premium vs. Luxury(or any vehicle with triple beam headlamps upgrade). Is Mark Levinson standard on the luxury package? If so, I'll take that too!
However, I'm not a fan of mudflaps or those plastic inserts on the wheels. C'mon a 60K+ vehicle that have interchangeable color insert on the wheels? I would change out the wheel immediately.
I wish the F-Sport comes with the semi-aniline leather seat. That would be the ideal vehicle for me.
Ibmimi (05-30-17)