RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Would you purchase a 4th gen again?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-17, 02:25 PM
rdfish1
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Would you purchase a 4th gen again?

with all the stuff I'm reading I'm wondering if I'm making a mistake by leaning toward the new 17. Some of this is concerning but wondering if you would buy again if u had it to do over.

have two apps this weekend to see a new atomic with grey and a 2105, intent was to buy one with bias toward new. The more I read about gurgling, droning, vibration, and tranny issues, I'm wondering if I'm making a 50k mistake. I do expect a lot for 50k

Last edited by rdfish1; 05-26-17 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-26-17, 02:35 PM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

In a heart beat. That being said there will be lots of people that would say no. This isn't the best place to get advice. Many people here have some sort of issue and they are here looking for advice and possible fixes. Some have issues and are frustrated getting them resolved.

I rarely buy the same vehicle two or three times, but the RX350 is an exception. On my third now. There are some manufactures that I wouldn't buy with your money, Lexus is NOT one of them. A 450H is the next one....come on 2018!

Last edited by FastFord; 05-26-17 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-26-17, 02:38 PM
rdfish1
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry for the post, I just realized this same topic was raised below, in a slightly different way. I had someone ping me with a pm that helped escalate my concerns on the eve of potentially picking out my new ride so I dropped this post without reading below...
Old 05-26-17, 06:37 PM
tdjacw
Pole Position

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Personally I cant understand why anyone would purchase this vehicle knowing that Lexus is trying to come up with a fix for vibration and drone issues.
If I had read the issues on here before I purchased mine I could have saved myself a lot of furstration and aggravation. At this point If you must have a Lexus wait for an actual fix to be released. Its very possible they will never come up with a fix until a complete redesign. I can honestly say that if I had purchased instead of leased I would have already traded it in and definitely not for another Lexus.

Last edited by tdjacw; 05-26-17 at 06:41 PM.
Old 05-26-17, 06:54 PM
jugdish
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Tdjacw...

what would u go to if not the RX? I had an X5, but didn't have the ball s to keep it past warranty. Had an infinit JX that started having issues @ 60k miles. Was leaning towards the new Volvo XC90, but that thing is full of Electrical gremlins. Buddy has a Q7 & it's always in the shop. Acura MDX has tons of complaints on the transmission. Seems ridiculous that as consumers we've got cash to spend and it's a matter of choosing the lesser evil....

Last edited by jugdish; 05-26-17 at 08:08 PM.
Old 05-27-17, 05:13 AM
azinn
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up

YES!
Old 05-27-17, 05:23 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 378 Posts

Yes, buying my 2nd 450h this morning! They are awesome vehicles.
Old 05-27-17, 08:08 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by tdjacw
Personally I cant understand why anyone would purchase this vehicle knowing that Lexus is trying to come up with a fix for vibration and drone issues.
If I had read the issues on here before I purchased mine I could have saved myself a lot of furstration and aggravation. At this point If you must have a Lexus wait for an actual fix to be released. Its very possible they will never come up with a fix until a complete redesign. I can honestly say that if I had purchased instead of leased I would have already traded it in and definitely not for another Lexus.
Purchasing, finance or lease makes no difference. You can trade a car in anytime. The car is worth so much to the dealer and that's what they give you. If you had purchased it the loss would be the same.

I have trade many vehicles in well before the lease or financing is due. Had a 2015 Rav4 and did not care for the ride. Traded it in 3 months and 6K later...no problem. The loss to the consumer is going to be the same.

I don't understand if your vibration is that bad that Lexus and/or you have not done more to get it resolved. I understand that venting here helps to blow off steam, I would do the same. However, I would be writing Lexus USA to whomever would listen and provide you with a solution. I have posted how to get in touch and how with Lexus USA executives. I would not stop until a solution was agreed on. A letter to the help desk is not what I am talking about.

If you want me to help you I would be happy, as I love this stuff and am relentless.
The following users liked this post:
Oldfart (05-28-17)
Old 05-27-17, 11:22 AM
tdjacw
Pole Position

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by FastFord
Purchasing, finance or lease makes no difference. You can trade a car in anytime. The car is worth so much to the dealer and that's what they give you. If you had purchased it the loss would be the same.

I have trade many vehicles in well before the lease or financing is due. Had a 2015 Rav4 and did not care for the ride. Traded it in 3 months and 6K later...no problem. The loss to the consumer is going to be the same.

I don't understand if your vibration is that bad that Lexus and/or you have not done more to get it resolved. I understand that venting here helps to blow off steam, I would do the same. However, I would be writing Lexus USA to whomever would listen and provide you with a solution. I have posted how to get in touch and how with Lexus USA executives. I would not stop until a solution was agreed on. A letter to the help desk is not what I am talking about.

If you want me to help you I would be happy, as I love this stuff and am relentless.

I have exhausted every avenue to get this resolved. Lexus is just playing games with the consumer. If you have one thats vibration free you are very lucky.
in my case the Master Tech sent from Lexus states he acknowledged the issue but the vecicle is performing up to spec. In the next breath Im told that there is definitely a fix coming. Talk about a contradiction!!
As far as trading it in I will not buy another Lexus, I would buy the Audi Q5 but I am under water. Meaning I would have to add money just to get out of it. As time goes by and I get in the Black its gone and so is Lexus to me. Sorry for venting but between Lexus and this car I am extremely frustrated.
Old 05-27-17, 07:44 PM
s4iscool
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

BIG FAT NO. Will be in a XC60 Plugin or SQ5 ASAP. Hesitation, vibration/noises are among a few big reasons why.
Old 05-27-17, 08:16 PM
jugdish
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by s4iscool
BIG FAT NO. Will be in a XC60 Plugin or SQ5 ASAP. Hesitation, vibration/noises are among a few big reasons why.
If you're upset with RX, can't believe you'd jump into an XC60 first year after the XC90 issues & SQ5 being built in Mexico? Like I said before... the lesser of evils
The following users liked this post:
ggebhardt (05-28-17)
Old 05-28-17, 10:40 AM
lefty75
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To OP, test drive one that you like and if it's vibration and drone free buy it. Not all of them drone and vibrate.
Old 05-28-17, 01:23 PM
NickL
Instructor

Received 172 Likes on 121 Posts

The OP has bought a '17 RX350 and is excited to pick it up next week.
Old 05-28-17, 03:59 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 507 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by s4iscool

How are you certain they will not have their issues?
Old 05-28-17, 04:45 PM
stevez2
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sample Size

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
How are you certain they will not have their issues?
Got to consider the overwhelming majority of RX's and RC's and LS's that are trouble free gems (like mine have been including my new 2017 RX). I have "experienced" the quality of Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Volvo, C6 Corvette. Will take Lexus in a heart beat.
The following 2 users liked this post by stevez2:
ggebhardt (05-29-17), Oldfart (05-29-17)

Quick Reply: Would you purchase a 4th gen again?