RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Question about Pandora

Old 04-23-17, 06:17 PM
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Question about Pandora

I was finally able to get Pandora to work and it works great. The only thing I have not figured out is "How do you turn it off. Driving home I finally turned off Bluetooth and the phone to stop Pandora. But next time I got into the car, after about 20 minutes Pandora started to play. Quite a surprise. Still can't figure out how to turn it off. Please help!
Old 04-23-17, 07:09 PM
StephyKay
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you closed the app down completely before turning Bluetooth back on?
Old 04-23-17, 07:37 PM
Driver

Originally Posted by StephyKay
Have you closed the app down completely before turning Bluetooth back on?
Couldn't figure out how to do that. I closed all open apps on my phone and hoped that would do it. I guess not? I really couldn't figure out how to close Pandora. Couldn't find the close button.
Old 04-23-17, 07:51 PM
StephyKay
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't speak for Android but on my iPhone you double press the home button and then swipe up on the Pandora app to hard close it.
Old 04-23-17, 08:41 PM
pqn628
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 17450
I was finally able to get Pandora to work and it works great. The only thing I have not figured out is "How do you turn it off. Driving home I finally turned off Bluetooth and the phone to stop Pandora. But next time I got into the car, after about 20 minutes Pandora started to play. Quite a surprise. Still can't figure out how to turn it off. Please help!
If you are playing Pandora app directly from the car, you just have to switch the media source. If you are streaming Pandora from your phone via bluetooth to the car, just close the Pandora app on the phone.
Based on what you describe, you are playing it from the Pandora app directly from the car.
Old 04-24-17, 09:08 AM
Driver

I think I am more confused now. The phone was hooked by Bluetooth to the care. I started Pandora through the Lexus apps. Doesn't that use the phone? Does it use the Pandora app on the phone? Or does it just use the phone, but not the phone app?
Old 04-24-17, 10:47 AM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

i only use I Heart Radio. Uses I Heart Radio app on the car via cell data. Not seen any idiosyncrasies other than the usual buffering..
Old 04-24-17, 10:55 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

couple of things.

in order to "close" Pandora or any of the Enform Apps on the car, you have to close the Enform App on the phone or switch to a different media source.

you can play Pandora, iheart radio, etc. without using the Enform App, by setting the media source to Bluetooth rather than Enform. I prefer this method, as it actually gives you a bit more control over the app, plus it interfaces with my Navdy better. I haven't used the Enform "Music" App since the first week I owned the vehicle, I find it to be clumsy and not very user friendly, I have also found that it's sound output is worse than just using the app directly via the Bluetooth source, in the Enform App I have to have the volume on 45-50 to get any decent sound, where with the Bluetooth source 25-30 is perfect.

The vehicle will remember the last used media source, and if the enform app has stayed active on the phone it will remember the last used music app, so the next time you get in your vehicle it will restart that app once a connection is established.

and to answer your last question, if you are using the Enform App, then it is linked to your Pandora account, it does not use the Pandora app on the phone, but rather the Pandora app within the Enform App, using your cell service/data plan for the connection.
The following users liked this post:
17450 (04-24-17)
Old 04-24-17, 04:25 PM
Driver

Originally Posted by mjeds
couple of things.

in order to "close" Pandora or any of the Enform Apps on the car, you have to close the Enform App on the phone or switch to a different media source.

you can play Pandora, iheart radio, etc. without using the Enform App, by setting the media source to Bluetooth rather than Enform. I prefer this method, as it actually gives you a bit more control over the app, plus it interfaces with my Navdy better. I haven't used the Enform "Music" App since the first week I owned the vehicle, I find it to be clumsy and not very user friendly, I have also found that it's sound output is worse than just using the app directly via the Bluetooth source, in the Enform App I have to have the volume on 45-50 to get any decent sound, where with the Bluetooth source 25-30 is perfect.

The vehicle will remember the last used media source, and if the enform app has stayed active on the phone it will remember the last used music app, so the next time you get in your vehicle it will restart that app once a connection is established.

and to answer your last question, if you are using the Enform App, then it is linked to your Pandora account, it does not use the Pandora app on the phone, but rather the Pandora app within the Enform App, using your cell service/data plan for the connection.
Thank You, I will try just using the Bluetooth and the app on my phone. That makes more sense anyways.
I do want to get the remote hooked up since I have it free for the first year. I wonder is they will extend it since it doesn't work now?
Old 04-24-17, 04:50 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Thank You, I will try just using the Bluetooth and the app on my phone. That makes more sense anyways.
I do want to get the remote hooked up since I have it free for the first year. I wonder is they will extend it since it doesn't work now?
Enform Remote works fine.

they have some issues with existing accounts because some people had usernames and simple passwords, and they converted to email address as the username and complex passwords.. It will get worked out, I suspect as a new sign up you probably won't have any issues.

they won't extend it I can guarantee that, it goes into effect the day the car went into service (like the warranty does), I had an issue with mine because it was actually started 3 months before I got the car and they would not extend it and give me the full year, I only got 9 months on mine. even with the dealership telling them in writing it was their mistake.
Old 04-24-17, 06:06 PM
clwu
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Just push the audio power button
Old 04-24-17, 07:20 PM
pqn628
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I think I am more confused now. The phone was hooked by Bluetooth to the care. I started Pandora through the Lexus apps. Doesn't that use the phone? Does it use the Pandora app on the phone? Or does it just use the phone, but not the phone app?
If you are connecting your phone via Bluetooth and using pandora through enform, enform is using your cell data to run the app.

if you open pandora from your phone, connect the phone to the car via bluetooth and get the media to bluetooth, you will play pandora from your phone.
The following users liked this post:
17450 (04-25-17)
Old 04-25-17, 08:28 AM
Driver

Originally Posted by mjeds
Enform Remote works fine.

they have some issues with existing accounts because some people had usernames and simple passwords, and they converted to email address as the username and complex passwords.. It will get worked out, I suspect as a new sign up you probably won't have any issues.

they won't extend it I can guarantee that, it goes into effect the day the car went into service (like the warranty does), I had an issue with mine because it was actually started 3 months before I got the car and they would not extend it and give me the full year, I only got 9 months on mine. even with the dealership telling them in writing it was their mistake.
New sign ups for Remote are having problems. It won't let you enter your VIN. Then sends you to Enform for your VIN with no results. They have been working on mine for over a week.
Old 04-25-17, 09:47 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

New sign ups for Remote are having problems. It won't let you enter your VIN. Then sends you to Enform for your VIN with no results. They have been working on mine for over a week.
.wow that is screwed up.. I would contact the dealership GM or Finance Manager, they are ones that went to bat for me to try and get mine extended, didn't help in my situation, might in yours.
Old 04-25-17, 03:42 PM
Driver

I do have a case # with Lexus, so hopefully they are working on it. I'll wait a couple days and try again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question about Pandora