RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

eDestination going away

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-17, 07:35 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Yes, it is free.

The app needs to be running to sync the data, but once it's pulled onto the car, you do not need to run the app. With that said, I use my app all the time, and have noticed no change in data on my plan, so I don't think it uses much at all. I even run Pandora through it every day without data issues.

The downside of this method is that there are no folders or ways to organize it. It will simply pull the latest inputs to the top of the list.
Old 04-13-17, 09:13 AM
kent2174
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

My experience shows the app on phone needs to be connected both BT and to wireless provider.
Once dest are synced, you could in theory turn off phone. Very little data, especially if you sync while in garage picking up wifi.
But using apps such as I heart radio, you do use normal data.
Old 04-13-17, 10:20 AM
atomarchio
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can the destinations be edited or deleted once synced to the vehicle? I did a few test locations which are synced to vehicle and now I can't figure out how to delete them and start over.
Old 04-13-17, 11:38 AM
kent2174
Intermediate

Go to previous destinations, highlight the one you want to delete, then DELETE button at bottom right.
Old 04-13-17, 11:40 AM
atomarchio
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

But previous destinations is outside of the Enform app suite, right?
Old 04-13-17, 11:50 AM
kent2174
Intermediate

Originally Posted by atomarchio
But previous destinations is outside of the Enform app suite, right?
Yes, but once saved dest are synced, they are found in Prev Dest as if you entered them in manually at the head.
(this assumes you highlighted the destinations in the app and hit okay to bring them over to Nav system prev dest. )

Last edited by kent2174; 04-13-17 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-13-17, 03:01 PM
ladesantis
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Enform eDestination No Longer Avail as of July 2017

Anyone know why they are getting rid of this??? and any alternatives to it? I am a Realtor and use this all the time.
Old 04-13-17, 05:40 PM
kent2174
Intermediate

according to Lexus announcement, it was not used by enough folks. (was it free for everyone? never used it--thinking Lexus d/c this so more sign up for enform/apps.)
You can use app suite to load your destinations on iphone, then sync inside car. Very convenient.
Old 04-18-17, 05:47 AM
mwpw
Driver School Candidate

I liked that part of the app...I would use it while my husband drove and since the voice commands are horrible (in my opinion) it was really handy.
Old 05-09-17, 06:51 PM
my06GS300
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default eDestination dropped

I called Lexus and complained about dropping the eDestination effective July 2,2017. It is one of the best feature of the Lexus Enform. I currently lease 3 Lexus cars and replacing them every 2-3 years. It is easy to transfer the addresses. I also stopped at my local Lexus dealer and complained too. Frankly speaking I may look at other brands from now after buying/leasing 8 cars.......
The following users liked this post:
mwpw (05-10-17)
Old 05-10-17, 04:47 PM
GymW
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs down This is an outrage

[QUOTE=atomarchio;[url=javascript:dialecticDial('[url=javascript:dialecticDial('9829322');]9829322');]9829322]WOW! I just received this email about eDestination feature going away.

This is one of the reason I chose Lexus I chose Lexus over some of its competitors. When I spoke to Lexus Customer Service I was told the reason it was being removed is because nobody was using it. My reply to them was that it was so difficult to get to (on the web) and navigate or use (abominable, archaic interface) that implementation discouraged usage. They could care less. By removing this they have taking away a purchasing feature and I believe they have lowered the vehicles resale value. The alternative is a mediocre substitute. It also might lead to additional distracted driving. I hope someone has the knowledge and resources to initiate a class action lawsuit over this.

Followup: Stated or confirmed from Lexus Customer Service
- The Lexus Enform App, "Saved Destinations" can only save 10 destinations. eDestination could save 200.
- Enform "Saved Destinations" can only be individually deleted from the mobile device itself. Deleting them from the navigation screen will delete all of them
- "Saved Destinations" are located only on the mobile device that created them, not on the vehicle or a server - i.e. Creating/Saved destinations on one mobile device will not be available if the vehicle is subsequently linked to a different mobile device.
- The Destination Search App uses the vehicle microphone, not the mobile device microphone.
- Addresses in "Previous Destinations" present in the vehicle navigation system can be saved into the "Addresses" (not destination) location on the navigation system.

Last edited by GymW; 05-10-17 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Additional Information
Old 06-16-17, 11:26 AM
sacksteder
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by atomarchio
I tried this and found it interesting.

However, there was an update in my vehicle which I downloaded. Now my 2 saved destinations are gone. Is that expected?
My saved destinations also disappeared after the update.
Old 06-30-17, 12:52 PM
NorthGa
Rookie

Default Lexus Enform

I too used the edestination but as pointed out it is/was only available to those of us who paid for it. The 'free' option on the Enform app is an OK substitute. I've used it now a couple of times and it seemed to work OK for me. Since I use this type of option mainly on trips it has proved useful. Example: I know the destination and it's ZIP Code and then it gives me options to choose like hotels and then it lists all hotels. I click on the one I am going to stay at and it saves it and then it is sent to the vehicle upon the sync mode. I agree with the complaint that once you 'sync' the 'saved' is no longer visible on the phone. But, oh well, it is what we now have and it is free. But if you have a subscription, I do, you can still talk to a 'live' person.
Old 12-20-17, 04:56 PM
helenp
1st Gear

Ok my destinations are saved to my car and re gone from my phone. However there re a few addresses I no longer need how can I remove them
Old 12-20-17, 06:06 PM
JSracer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 103 Posts

New to enform, how ould i use the app to shoot destinations to the vehicle? Search, then save? Any help would be much appreciated.
Just took delivery a few hours ago, new 17 rx450 with nav.

Thanks, i tried the voice, knew the business name, but was clueless if i could enter a name in the nav somehow. Feel like I have so much to learn.
Android guy here.

Quick Reply: eDestination going away