RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

eDestinations

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-17, 01:40 PM
naplesam
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default eDestinations

With my 2013 Rx, I subscribed to the basic (cheapest) Enform level because that is all I need. However, with that, I was able to use eDestinations (not Destination Assist) and enter addresses in my home PC and then download to the car. Worked great.

Now, the free, first year Enform subscription on my 2016 RX is about to expire and from reading what they sent and looking at the Enform website, it appears that you must order the more expensive Enform option that includes "Enform Destinations" to get eDestinations (and you thus also get Destination Assist).

Can anyone who has already renewed let us know what you have found please.
Old 01-26-17, 10:28 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

You could just use the Enform App on your smartphone and not pay any subscription fee. Just open the app, select Destination Search, find your destination and tap on it, tap Save. Then with your car paired through Bluetooth and Enform app running in the background, select Lexus App Suite on your car, select Saved Destinations, and select Yes to download.

Unfortunately, you do need the more expensive Enform subscription plan that includes Enform Destinations in order to use the eDestinations feature. Renewed the Safety Connect with Enform Remote plan for my father, and the Lexus Drivers page says inactive account for Destinations. Just do what I posted above; it's about the same number of steps.

Last edited by dchar; 01-26-17 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-26-17, 12:51 PM
naplesam
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dchar
You could just use the Enform App on your smartphone and not pay any subscription fee. Just open the app, select Destination Search, find your destination and tap on it, tap Save. Then with your car paired through Bluetooth and Enform app running in the background, select Lexus App Suite on your car, select Saved Destinations, and select Yes to download.

Unfortunately, you do need the more expensive Enform subscription plan that includes Enform Destinations in order to use the eDestinations feature. Renewed the Safety Connect with Enform Remote plan for my father, and the Lexus Drivers page says inactive account for Destinations. Just do what I posted above; it's about the same number of steps.
Many thanks! Will try this! Appreciate your response.
Old 01-27-17, 02:34 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

dchar is spot on correct, be aware that the destinations are being held in the phone
until you decide to "Go to" point B. Other drivers of the car will need the free App Suite
downloaded and Signed Up to utilize the features.