RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Service Campaign-power back door ECU replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-17, 11:08 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by gadgetman1
Where are you getting this "dealer filling gas tank"? Did I miss something here? Is filling the gas tank part of this rear hatch recall?
Originally Posted by Brabusx2
just got my car back from 10k service, i was not aware about this recall but yet they did it anway, they did not fill my gas tank,

but they did filled it to full on my GS recall the other day (i did not expect them to either), are filling your gas tank suppose to be a thing with recall or YMMV with dealer?

sound like a cheap question to ask
Yes, dealers are supposed to fill up your gas tank when performing recalls. Sometimes you need to ask them to do it though. It's like a way for Lexus to make up for the inconvenience of bringing your car in for a recall (different from TSB).

Last edited by dchar; 04-27-17 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-27-17, 08:03 PM
winsalem
Pole Position

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by gadgetman1
Where are you getting this "dealer filling gas tank"? Did I miss something here? Is filling the gas tank part of this rear hatch recall?
Service mgr told me they would need to drain the tank completely before fixing the "fuel level float arm" (which they did). And when I mentioned I had just filled my tank, he said no problem, refilling was included in the recall (which they did).

I don't think the drain/refill had anything to do with the POWER DOOR ECU fix.

I've been with the same dealer since 1992 and there's never been any reason for them to add gas to any of my cars.
Old 04-27-17, 08:20 PM
lexnewbi
Intermediate

Received 123 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by winsalem
Service mgr told me they would need to drain the tank completely before fixing the "fuel level float arm" (which they did). And when I mentioned I had just filled my tank, he said no problem, refilling was included in the recall (which they did).
Nice they refuel. On my last service visit I saw the gas in the tank was much lower than would have been for a few laps around the dealer. I looked at the dashcam video and it showed my car was left on for three hours mostly idling while waiting to go through the car wash and dry line.