RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Enform Renewal

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-16, 02:14 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 517 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob56
Back to my original question. Any advantages in keeping Enform

I am am not sure if I would renew it for a vehicle I only put 1k miles on each year.
Old 11-04-16, 01:10 PM
Samour
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ggebhardt
I am am not sure if I would renew it for a vehicle I only put 1k miles on each year.
Iam not renewing enform. I have just used the remote start and nothing else in the past year.
Old 11-04-16, 04:18 PM
Valley101
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Enform renewal

I travel alot, so I find it useful. If you stay around your home area I would not find it to be beneficial.
Old 11-07-16, 05:47 PM
john153
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I find that the remote start with the key fob works sporadically. I have brought it to the local dealership and even they have had issues getting it to function. I am contemplating leaving the vehicle there for them to do more in depth diagnostic analysis. I am also disappointed that the car will not stay on when you enter it. My older Dodge Charger has remote start on key fob which works like a charm and the car stays on upon entry, but will not move unless you press the ignition and possess the fob in the vehicle. It just seems like a counter intuitive design to remote start the car only to have the car turn off so you have to re start it once you enter it?
The following 2 users liked this post by john153:
kentuckyed (11-22-20), t18c97 (11-21-20)
Old 11-07-16, 05:51 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 427 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by john153
I find that the remote start with the key fob works sporadically. I have brought it to the local dealership and even they have had issues getting it to function. I am contemplating leaving the vehicle there for them to do more in depth diagnostic analysis. I am also disappointed that the car will not stay on when you enter it. My older Dodge Charger has remote start on key fob which works like a charm and the car stays on upon entry, but will not move unless you press the ignition and possess the fob in the vehicle. It just seems like a counter intuitive design to remote start the car only to have the car turn off so you have to re start it once you enter it?

i completely agree with the above post.
Old 11-21-20, 01:45 PM
lynnlexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Expired Lexus Enform WiFi

I am approaching my one year new ownership mark and realized that my Enform WiFi already expired after the first three months. I’ve been just using my iPhone WiFi for navigation & Sirius XM stations..I feel like I could be missing the ultimate experience of my technology system if I do not renew the Enform WiFi. Can an experienced owner out there PLEASE give some advice on this & whether or not they renewed their Enform WiFi and the reasonst? Thank you in advance!!
Old 11-21-20, 02:37 PM
t18c97
Rookie

Just an FYI. My 3 month free trial was ending and I was doing a road trip and wanted the car's WiFi thinking that with it's external antenna it would have better signal reception. it was with AT&T at https://myvehicle.att.com. I did the $25/month unlimited plan and told it to not auto renew it. I checked the account a couple weeks later and they had an offer of $20/month for the same plan.
Old 11-21-20, 02:50 PM
lynnlexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WiFi renewal

Thank you for your comment. One question: Why did you choose not to renew after your road trip? I’m trying to decide if the subscription is best for me or just going with my “own” iPhone WiFy while connected in car. Also, is the navigational technology the “only” benefit, in your opinion, to keep the Enform WiFi subscription? I do greatly dislike when ANY navigation is interrupted while on a road trip, is the Enform more reliable and less likely to be interrupted? Thank you very much for ANY input!
Old 11-21-20, 02:57 PM
t18c97
Rookie

Originally Posted by lynnlexus
Thank you for your comment. One question: Why did you choose not to renew after your road trip? I’m trying to decide if the subscription is best for me or just going with my “own” iPhone WiFy while connected in car. Also, is the navigational technology the “only” benefit, in your opinion, to keep the Enform WiFi subscription? I do greatly dislike when ANY navigation is interrupted while on a road trip, is the Enform more reliable and less likely to be interrupted? Thank you very much for ANY input!
I’m retired and stay around Austin metro where AT&T has good coverage. That said I mainly use it just for music streaming and if I do use a navigation app on the phone it works fine.
The following users liked this post:
lynnlexus (11-21-20)
Old 06-15-24, 12:05 AM
PhxBill
Pit Crew

Received 110 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Enform services expired

My Enform connectivity stuff (that came free with the purchase of the car) just expired. Yikes! They want $8 per month, per service…if I get all 4 (safety connect, remote, destination assist, and dynamic navigation) that’s $32 per month, $384 for the year!

Sorry, Lexus, that’s far too expensive for me to consider. Even if I just get the remote (it is kinda nice to start by saying “hey Siri start my Lexus”) I can’t hang with $96 a year. All 4 services for $96 a year? Sure, I would probably sign up.

Rant over.
Old 06-16-24, 05:42 AM
Oldsig
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by PhxBill
My Enform connectivity stuff (that came free with the purchase of the car) just expired. Yikes! They want $8 per month, per service…if I get all 4 (safety connect, remote, destination assist, and dynamic navigation) that’s $32 per month, $384 for the year!

Sorry, Lexus, that’s far too expensive for me to consider. Even if I just get the remote (it is kinda nice to start by saying “hey Siri start my Lexus”) I can’t hang with $96 a year. All 4 services for $96 a year? Sure, I would probably sign up.

Rant over.
Thanks for doing the legwork on the current prices. I'll need to make those decisions soon. I'm with you... for me it's just not worth renewing it for their price.
Old 06-16-24, 09:22 AM
PhxBill
Pit Crew

Received 110 Likes on 59 Posts

They sent me an email telling me my subscription was expiring and giving the prices.