RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2017 RX Best Prices So Far?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-17, 06:08 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,010 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by StephyKay
I'm in TX as well and it seems like dealerships aren't in the mood for deals. I contacted someone in CA and they were very happy and willing to help, with a big discount too, but they said shipping is roughly $1.00 per mile. At 1800 miles away that cuts pretty deep into their good deals.
Besides the cost of shipping, I would hesitate to buy a car and have it shipped to me from a dealer 1500 or 2000 miles away. I can't imagine spending $50,000+ on a car without having had a chance to drive it first, to inspect it for possible shipping damage or production flaws, etc. Even if any such problems could be resolved, doing so when the selling dealer is not geographically proximate could become much more complicated. Even if the chances of such problems would be small, any possibility of issues with the vehicle would make it not worth any financial savings that I might realize from buying a vehicle from a dealer in a different region.
Old 04-19-17, 10:06 AM
StephyKay
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
Besides the cost of shipping, I would hesitate to buy a car and have it shipped to me from a dealer 1500 or 2000 miles away. I can't imagine spending $50,000+ on a car without having had a chance to drive it first, to inspect it for possible shipping damage or production flaws, etc. Even if any such problems could be resolved, doing so when the selling dealer is not geographically proximate could become much more complicated. Even if the chances of such problems would be small, any possibility of issues with the vehicle would make it not worth any financial savings that I might realize from buying a vehicle from a dealer in a different region.
Yeah that's my concern as well. The issue for me is the car I want is not available anywhere near the south. I'm hoping my dealer here will try and get closer to their price to avoid the liability. Not to mention it's more fun to pick up your car than it is to have it shipped to you lol.
Old 04-19-17, 04:11 PM
screen
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Hennessy Lexus in GA sent out emails today showing $6300 off all instock 2017 RX
Old 04-20-17, 09:43 AM
siva447
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can you share the contact

Originally Posted by screen
Hennessy Lexus in GA sent out emails today showing $6300 off all instock 2017 RX
Hey, Can you share the contact name and number
Old 04-20-17, 10:42 AM
screen
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by siva447
Hey, Can you share the contact name and number
It was a mass email No contact info.

I can forward. Message me your email address
Old 04-20-17, 01:07 PM
siva447
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Oldfart
I am sure he meant PRIVATE message.
Sure. Thanks
Old 04-25-17, 03:31 PM
Khaki
Driver School Candidate

Just took delivery on an Atomic Silver 2017 RX450h that we custom ordered since nothing was available with the equipment we wanted (or without the equipment we didn't want). Based on numerous recommendations on this forum we ended up dealing with Justin Balcer, Nalley Lexus in Roswell, GA....this was after trying to solicit bids for both available cars and custom order cars from the internet sales departments of 10 other dealerships in 3 nearby states. Bottom line: $56429 sticker, $49133 price after discount (inclusive of all dealer fees). We chose to have the car shipped to our home in St. Louis for an additional $550 dollars. Net discount off of MSRP including delivery from Atlanta to St. Louis was 11.96%.

A note about having the car shipped. This is the second new car that we've purchased long distance; the other was purchased in San Francisco and delivered to St. Louis. In each case we received detailed pictures and/or video of the vehicle to document its condition at the dealership prior to shipping. Both dealerships had ongoing professional relationships with the carrier that delivered each car. I'm not saying something couldn't go wrong, but it didn't in either case. There have been previous comments in this thread expressing concern about being unable to drive the car pre-purchase if the transaction takes place long distance. We were pretty upfront with our sales people as to our expectations for their "pre-purchase examination and test drive" on our behalf and felt comfortable with this arrangement.... others may not be.

I strongly recommend Justin Balcer. He was fantastic to deal with.
Old 04-25-17, 07:03 PM
chunktwo
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

2017 RX F-sport - ultra white/red interior

MSRP -60027$
Discount - 7500$
purchase price -52527$

~12.5% off MSRP. Seems like others have done better. Wish I was better at negotiating. But we are satisfied. Though secretly I wish we could of gotten more off.
Old 04-27-17, 01:11 AM
cretor
Driver School Candidate

Hey all, new the board and have read through a number of very helpful posts. I plan on buying a 2017 Rx this year after the 2018 is released (aiming for Labor Day or Dec sale). Assuming it has some accessories (Nav, Luxury, etc), will it be likely to find one in the low 40s or even high 30s after discounts/incentives? I live in CA and will be financing. I'm new to car buying so I'd like to get an idea of what the prices will look like when 2018 is released. If there isn't much change in pricing after discounts/incentives, I may look for a a 2016 instead. Thanks!
Old 04-27-17, 11:25 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by cretor
Hey all, new the board and have read through a number of very helpful posts. I plan on buying a 2017 Rx this year after the 2018 is released (aiming for Labor Day or Dec sale). Assuming it has some accessories (Nav, Luxury, etc), will it be likely to find one in the low 40s or even high 30s after discounts/incentives? I live in CA and will be financing. I'm new to car buying so I'd like to get an idea of what the prices will look like when 2018 is released. If there isn't much change in pricing after discounts/incentives, I may look for a a 2016 instead. Thanks!
You will not find a new 2017 RX with Luxury package for high 30s/low 40s...that has an MSRP of around $58K and dealers won't be discounting the RX that much since it's one of the easiest models to move off the lot. Now the price you're asking, are you including tax?
If that's your budget (tax included), consider looking at CPO with those options.
The following users liked this post:
cretor (04-27-17)
Old 04-27-17, 12:11 PM
cretor
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dchar
You will not find a new 2017 RX with Luxury package for high 30s/low 40s...that has an MSRP of around $58K and dealers won't be discounting the RX that much since it's one of the easiest models to move off the lot. Now the price you're asking, are you including tax?
If that's your budget (tax included), consider looking at CPO with those options.
Thanks for the reply. Ideally, the price would include taxes. For this price range, is a 2016 CPO realistic or should I just focus on the 2015 models? I don't imagine the pricing on the 2016/2015 will change very much between now and during the Labor Day/December to Remember sales but I may be wrong.
Old 04-27-17, 02:09 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cretor
Thanks for the reply. Ideally, the price would include taxes. For this price range, is a 2016 CPO realistic or should I just focus on the 2015 models? I don't imagine the pricing on the 2016/2015 will change very much between now and during the Labor Day/December to Remember sales but I may be wrong.
I doubt that you are going to find even a 2016 CPO RX with the Luxury Package and other options that is in your price range. Around here, at least, the prices that Lexus dealers are advertising for 2016 CPO vehicles are generally only a couple of thousand dollars lower than the prices for which you could buy a new 2017. I suspect that the reason is that CPO vehicles that are only a year old are fairly rare, and the dealers know that, with limited supply, they will eventually have someone come along who is willing to pay an inflated price for the vehicle.

The prices of 2015 CPO RXs are more in your price range, but you should note that the 2015 RX is a Generation 3 RX, while the 2016 RX is a Generation 4 RX, and there is always going to be a more significant difference between the used values of 2 used vehicles of different generations than there will be between the values of two vehicles of the same generation.

Last edited by lesz; 04-27-17 at 02:28 PM.
Old 04-27-17, 02:15 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

the 2015 RX is a Generation 4 RX, while the 2016 RX is a Generation 5 RX
Just a correction, 2015 is the 3rd generation RX (2010-2015) while 2016+ is 4th generation.
Old 04-27-17, 02:27 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kitlz
Just a correction, 2015 is the 3rd generation RX (2010-2015) while 2016+ is 4th generation.
Absolutely. My brain must have been on vacation while I was typing.

Thanks for the correction. I will edit my post to make the correction.
Old 04-27-17, 02:40 PM
cretor
Driver School Candidate

I doubt that you are going to find even a 2016 CPO RX with the Luxury Package and other options that is in your price range. Around here, at least, the prices that Lexus dealers are advertising for 2016 CPO vehicles are generally only a couple of thousand dollars lower than the prices for which you could buy a new 2017. I suspect that the reason is that CPO vehicles that are only a year old are fairly rare, and the dealers know that, with limited supply, they will eventually have someone come along who is willing to pay an inflated price for the vehicle.
Good to know and thanks! According to the online Lexus inventory near where I live, there are a number of 2016s selling from 42-50K (many are premium package, which I'm ok with). Would it be safe to assume that this price range will not change during the big sale months?

Quick Reply: 2017 RX Best Prices So Far?