RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2016 RX 350 issues/questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-16, 05:30 PM
jstagn
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2016 RX 350 issues/questions

Sometimes when I start my rx the wipers in front give 1 sweep. This is after the vehicle has been in the garage overnite. The vehicle has not been washed prior to this. It does not happen all the time but occasionally. Causes??
Also on the 12 inch display with the map in the small window to the right, I see prior 'track marks' as to where I have been before. How long does this stay on the map and what is the criteria? It seems to disappear after a few days. Thanks....
Old 09-16-16, 07:09 PM
ssmtsx
Driver School Candidate

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jstagn
Sometimes when I start my rx the wipers in front give 1 sweep. This is after the vehicle has been in the garage overnite. The vehicle has not been washed prior to this. It does not happen all the time but occasionally. Causes??
Also on the 12 inch display with the map in the small window to the right, I see prior 'track marks' as to where I have been before. How long does this stay on the map and what is the criteria? It seems to disappear after a few days. Thanks....
my wipers have done the same. It's happened to me three times-same situation as yours. I may have to leave my wipers in the off position as this has caused a scratched on my windshield.

Theres a setting in the nav system to shut off "route trace" I can't remember how to get to it now but next time in in my car I will check.
Old 09-17-16, 09:13 AM
Curryolla
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

For your wiper problem... this may explain that.

The car swipes one time to confirm that auto/rain sensing is on. To fix, just make sure the wipers are off until it starts raining. Then, keep it on auto mode, and it will adjust the wiper speed for the amount for rainfall and speed of the car.
Old 09-17-16, 11:08 AM
Valley101
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default windshield wipers

I am presently using my fifth new lexus. The wipers have always been in the auto mode Not once has either vehicle made the one swipe upon start up or any other time. That would be a stupid thing for any car builder. If you had grit or other nasty material on your windshield it would either scratch or smear the glass. If your car is doing that have it checked by your dealer. I have owned GS SC LS GX LX and RX.
Old 09-17-16, 06:12 PM
lkleyman
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I park in a public garage and I've noticed a single swipe after dust has built up on the windshield.

As for navigation, you have "TRACE ROUTE" enabled. Do to your left main map. Click the icon that has 3 horizontal lines on the left middle of the screen. Check through the map display settings for the trace route checkbox. It's in the same place as the POI selection and such.
Old 09-20-16, 04:33 PM
TexLexRX
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also have incurred the one swipe with the car being started in the garage it's happened a total of seven or eight times, take the RX into Fort Worth dealership explained it in detail to the service manager then went even further and met a couple of technicians and actually got an explanation that the sensor along side of the mirror ,it's a black rectangular box. It detects not rain or water but actually light refractions and turns on the sensor.well I wish there was a way they could take the sensor out because I don't want to leave my car there for five days. Even better just change the sensor out .
Old 10-31-16, 10:40 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Now, where I live there isn't much rain, but is it really that difficult to turn the wipers to AUTO when its raining and to turn them off after you've parked?