RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Aftermarket Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-16, 02:53 PM
Darith
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by a56kuser
Just wanted to bump this thread to report what i went through at my local auto shop.

Ordered Vossen VFS1 22" . i didnt know too much about rims so I let the guy at the shop order the wheels and tires for me.... i basically just told him Vossen VFS1 22" 10.5 all around w/ Toyo tires... I let the shop decide the OFFSET and tire size. Waited 2 weeks for the wheels to come in and got the appointment to get them install today.... unfortunately the rear tires DO NOT clear the shock and one of the arms.... I would have to get a 20mm spacer at least on the rears for it for work/clear.... I am a horrible driver and our roads are in real bad condition where I live so I really didnt want to go with 20mm spacers.... The shop said theyll reorder with vossen tomorrow since they have a lower offset that will clear.... (i dont remember the exact offset numbers ) but i will try to get that info tomorrow... just wanted to pass this along to my fellow CL members.
Great and useful info a56k. Really appreciate this (you're taking one for the 4RX team lol). Man, those CVT's make the stance more aggressive. Lovem'!

The following users liked this post:
Turbyturbo (09-03-20)
Old 10-09-16, 10:54 AM
s4iscool
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Thats really sad because any reputable shop should do the simple calculations to get you the right rolling radius to not screw up things like the speedo and other advanced electronics. Extra sad when youre buying a $$$ setup

Just wanted to bump this thread to report what i went through at my local auto shop.

Ordered Vossen VFS1 22" . i didnt know too much about rims so I let the guy at the shop order the wheels and tires for me.... i basically just told him Vossen VFS1 22" 10.5 all around w/ Toyo tires... I let the shop decide the OFFSET and tire size. Waited 2 weeks for the wheels to come in and got the appointment to get them install today.... unfortunately the rear tires DO NOT clear the shock and one of the arms.... I would have to get a 20mm spacer at least on the rears for it for work/clear.... I am a horrible driver and our roads are in real bad condition where I live so I really didnt want to go with 20mm spacers.... The shop said theyll reorder with vossen tomorrow since they have a lower offset that will clear.... (i dont remember the exact offset numbers ) but i will try to get that info tomorrow... just wanted to pass this along to my fellow CL members.
Old 10-09-16, 09:55 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

If anyone is interested in some Vossens for their vehicle, we have some great pricing on them!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 10-14-16, 10:06 AM
Darith
Driver

did ur shop end up ordering the 22x9's? My shop is about to order them for me now.
Old 10-14-16, 12:50 PM
a56kuser
Driver School Candidate

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Darith
did ur shop end up ordering the 22x9's? My shop is about to order them for me now.

The shop ended up ordering just (2) 22x10.5 for myrear but will be a different offset from my front. (the front 22x10.5 fit fine)
I am expecting my rims to come in today so they should be on the car by next week.... Will update the post when i do.
I doubt youll have any problems w/ the 22x9 setup.
Old 10-14-16, 06:50 PM
dinobantin
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2016 Rx 350 on vossen 22s

Just had my rx in april this yeah and am loving it, still working on more modification.
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket Wheels-img_7063.jpg   Aftermarket Wheels-img_7572.jpg   Aftermarket Wheels-img_6945.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
elimmigran (08-27-17)
Old 10-15-16, 09:55 PM
Darith
Driver

Originally Posted by dinobantin
Just had my rx in april this yeah and am loving it, still working on more modification.
Nice but a56kuser caught something and maybe your tire shop put two of your wheels on the wrong sides unless it was intentional. I'd definitely take it back and have them take a look at that. You mentioned that you had yours done at 11"? What were your offsets for the front and the back? Anyway, great ride n nice wheels!
Old 10-15-16, 10:57 PM
tomtom74
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

The shop ended up ordering just (2) 22x10.5 for myrear but will be a different offset from my front. (the front 22x10.5 fit fine)
I am expecting my rims to come in today so they should be on the car by next week.... Will update the post when i do.
I doubt youll have any problems w/ the 22x9 setup.
Do you have FWD or AWD? If you got AWD then having different spec of wheels are bad idea for many reason.
Old 10-16-16, 03:57 AM
dinobantin
Driver

Talking wheels

Originally Posted by Darith
Nice but a56kuser caught something and maybe your tire shop put two of your wheels on the wrong sides unless it was intentional. I'd definitely take it back and have them take a look at that. You mentioned that you had yours done at 11"? What were your offsets for the front and the back? Anyway, great ride n nice wheels!
yes with the tire set up i did that intentionaly just to have a different look to it.
Old 10-16-16, 09:51 AM
350Nva
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dinobantin
didn't know you picked up a RX. looks good, i should pick up another lexus and come out to the meets.
Old 10-16-16, 03:10 PM
dinobantin
Driver

Originally Posted by 350Nva
didn't know you picked up a RX. looks good, i should pick up another lexus and come out to the meets.
please do and thanks
Old 10-18-16, 07:02 PM
a56kuser
Driver School Candidate

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtom74
Do you have FWD or AWD? If you got AWD then having different spec of wheels are bad idea for many reason.
thankfully I have a FWD
Old 10-20-16, 05:47 PM
slowmo1817
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with the Drag DR 69's in PVD chrome. Decided not to spend $$$. Liked resemblance to F sports, very reasonable price too. 20x8.5, same as stockers.
Old 11-11-16, 09:24 PM
Baxter64
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Without a doubt.
The BEST body kit and custom wheels for a 4G RX.

Old 11-14-16, 06:37 PM
Darith
Driver

Originally Posted by Baxter64
Without a doubt.
The BEST body kit and custom wheels for a 4G RX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKxEIF8owFY
No doubt, and by far one of best looking kits especially the rear (I felt like some aftermarket mfg's didn't put enough effort into their bodykit design for the 4RX):

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Wheels