RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Send destinations from google maps to RX?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-16, 10:57 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 601 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by pdaeng
Interesting. Currently, I can use Navibridge to send address to my RX, but I still prefer to use Waze.
I have a Canadian version RX with Navi which do not have Enform. I have Navibridge on my phone, but Navibridg never finds my RX. How do you sync the phone app with the car?
Old 12-22-16, 11:00 AM
daveylin
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
I have a Canadian version RX with Navi which do not have Enform. I have Navibridge on my phone, but Navibridg never finds my RX. How do you sync the phone app with the car?
From the other thread it seems it only works with iphones, I dont think anyone with an android has been able to get this to work.... I could be wrong.
Old 12-22-16, 12:10 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Originally Posted by pdaeng
Interesting. Currently, I can use Navibridge to send address to my RX, but I still prefer to use Waze.

How do you connect the phone (Navibridge ) to the car entertainment system? I have Canadian model with Navi which does NOT come with the Enform.
Old 12-22-16, 12:10 PM
lugnutz16
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
My NaviBridge app stopped working with my phone when I updated to the newest iOs. I just uninstalled the app, then re-installed it and everything works fine again.
Old 12-22-16, 12:17 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Thanks. Sorry about the double post. Did't realize the first one posted.
Old 12-23-16, 07:34 PM
s4iscool
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

so much effort to use an inferior built in nav...havent used the factory nav a single time over google maps on phone
Old 12-24-16, 05:04 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Originally Posted by s4iscool
so much effort to use an inferior built in nav...havent used the factory nav a single time over google maps on phone
Factory nav will never be as good as Google maps. The only thing that can do to improve the situation is to allow Android auto and Apple car play.

Toyota is stubborn in getting their supplier to supply the gps system at high cost to consumers with serious out of date technology.
Old 12-24-16, 05:05 AM
atomarchio
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i've noticed issued on google maps where the audio alerts do not work when connected RX connected to bluetooth. Apparently, it's a known issue and they only way to resolve is turning off bluebooth which I am not willing to do.

While I like google maps, not having the audio is a big problem for me.
Old 12-24-16, 05:10 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Originally Posted by atomarchio
i've noticed issued on google maps where the audio alerts do not work when connected RX connected to bluetooth. Apparently, it's a known issue and they only way to resolve is turning off bluebooth which I am not willing to do.

While I like google maps, not having the audio is a big problem for me.
Try disconnecting the command through Bluetooth in Google maps. It still sends all announcements to the cars speakers, but uses the phone Mic to hear your commands. I have had that for months and it works. I place my phone either in the wireless charger or on the phone holder that place on the dash.

No issues.
Old 12-24-16, 05:12 AM
atomarchio
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How do you disconnect the command? The only thing I can think of here is to turn off the bluetooth entirely and I need to keep using bluetooth and google maps simultaneously.
Old 12-24-16, 05:14 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Dio you have adv Android or Apple phone?
Old 12-24-16, 10:39 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

I just use the google maps app on the phone connected to the blue tooth. IF I need to charge it however, I have a 3rd party adapter plugged in to charge. I don't charge through the USB because then it gets all messed up. I'm on blue tooth audio all the time.
Old 12-26-16, 07:12 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 884 Likes on 666 Posts

Happy Holidays! Daveylin, is your phone paired and connected for calls and/or music?
The App Suite harnesses the phone for Navigation and control of streaming music while
the BT connects the actual music and phone calls. If you use Destination Search while
in the car it happens seamlessly. If you are looking up destinations before entering the
car then just wait for the BT to connect "Phone Connection Successful" and then touch
Menu/App Suite/Destination to deliver the info to the Nav System.
Old 01-19-17, 08:49 AM
daveylin
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mcomer
Happy Holidays! Daveylin, is your phone paired and connected for calls and/or music?
The App Suite harnesses the phone for Navigation and control of streaming music while
the BT connects the actual music and phone calls. If you use Destination Search while
in the car it happens seamlessly. If you are looking up destinations before entering the
car then just wait for the BT to connect "Phone Connection Successful" and then touch
Menu/App Suite/Destination to deliver the info to the Nav System.
Is there a way to use destination search from the phone while in the car? When I launch the app suite when in the car and connected to the car, it just has an option to disconnect. Doesnt allow me to do any searching.
Old 01-19-17, 04:06 PM
toyotaman7
Racer

Originally Posted by lugnutz16
My NaviBridge app stopped working with my phone when I updated to the newest iOs. I just uninstalled the app, then re-installed it and everything works fine again.
I finally got the Navibridge connecting to the head unit with an iPhone.

How do you use it? I find a destination, click send to navigation unit, it says sent, but nothing happens on the cars navi. I can also not move the map by moving the map on the phone.

Thanks,

Quick Reply: Send destinations from google maps to RX?