RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Garage door programming

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-17, 05:26 PM
elimmigran
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I don't have the remote transmitters but I've tried everything else without success. Calling Homelink on Monday. Perhaps they'll make me buy a transmitter.
Old 09-09-17, 06:00 PM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 133 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by elimmigran
I don't have the remote transmitters but I've tried everything else without success. Calling Homelink on Monday. Perhaps they'll make me buy a transmitter.
What is your GDO, vehicle model? step 1 is as already mentioned, clear the Home link memory by pressing button 1 and 3 together until light blinks at fast rate
Step 2, let the home link learn your remote. Again when it learns the remote signal the light blinks at fast rate confirming it. Step 3 Let your GDO learn the home
link signal. Push learn button on the GDO, within 20 second keep pushing the button on the home link repeatedly until garage door moves. Important thing here is to distinguish home link light blinking rate. Blinking slow means whatever you were doing it is not accomplished. When blinking fast, the task is accomplished. As already mentioned if the GDO is fairly new, you may have to get a bridge module which will be installed inside garage. Also if you don't have a remote fob, home link ain't do anything for you.
The following users liked this post:
elimmigran (09-09-17)
Old 09-09-17, 06:40 PM
elimmigran
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Htony
What is your GDO, vehicle model? step 1 is as already mentioned, clear the Home link memory by pressing button 1 and 3 together until light blinks at fast rate
Step 2, let the home link learn your remote. Again when it learns the remote signal the light blinks at fast rate confirming it. Step 3 Let your GDO learn the home
link signal. Push learn button on the GDO, within 20 second keep pushing the button on the home link repeatedly until garage door moves. Important thing here is to distinguish home link light blinking rate. Blinking slow means whatever you were doing it is not accomplished. When blinking fast, the task is accomplished. As already mentioned if the GDO is fairly new, you may have to get a bridge module which will be installed inside garage. Also if you don't have a remote fob, home link ain't do anything for you.
I don't have a remote.
Old 09-10-17, 04:30 AM
dougef
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by elimmigran
I don't think you can program the Homelink in the vehicle without the GDO transmitter.
Old 09-11-17, 12:33 PM
DBXL
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should I be able to program the garage door buttons in the Lexus to different garage doors in 2 different locations (my home and my mother's home)? For example, button 1 for my home and button 2 for my Mom's.I haven't had the opportunity to try my Mom's home yet. Thank you.
Old 09-11-17, 12:47 PM
elimmigran
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by dougef
I don't think you can program the Homelink in the vehicle without the GDO transmitter.
Ok. Ordered a replacement transmitter today.
Old 09-11-17, 12:53 PM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DBXL
Should I be able to program the garage door buttons in the Lexus to different garage doors in 2 different locations (my home and my mother's home)? For example, button 1 for my home and button 2 for my Mom's.I haven't had the opportunity to try my Mom's home yet. Thank you.
Of course. You can control upto 3 different door.s
Old 01-04-18, 10:35 AM
Flavy
Driver School Candidate

Default Open garage door

I have a new 2017 rx350 how do I set the system to open my garage door?
Old 01-04-18, 04:55 PM
ZnSaucier
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Flavy
Have you tried the instructions covered over the past 2.5 pages of posts in this thread?
Old 01-04-18, 06:26 PM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Flavy
Lots of youtube tutorials as well as Homelink web site for support.
Old 03-20-18, 08:31 AM
ccm14
Driver School Candidate

Default Progamming entry gate

We just took possession of a 2018 RX 350 and I am working my way through learning the bells and whistles. Had some trouble with programming our garage door opener and had to get the salesman to help us since it appears the owners manual instructions are misleading. I was told that the RX could not be programmed to open a gate (ie in a gated subdivision). I find this hard to believe. Has anyone done this and what were your steps to the programming?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Charlie
Old 03-20-18, 09:43 AM
mssca
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

It all depends on the technology of the gate's open/close system. If the entry point to your subdivision has support for HomeLink standard, then you should be able to program the RX using the physical fob. Same way you program a garage door opener should work for the gate as well.

EDIT: While I have never done this, I have programmed a gate opining to a warehouse in Calgary to one of the buttons on my 2017 RX mirror. So I don't see a difference.
Old 03-20-18, 09:49 AM
SoCalRX
Intermediate

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

Your garage door opener is likely a "rolling code" and that's why it was a bit more difficult to enter into the HomeLink on your rearview mirror. Your gate remote is likely much simpler and all you need do is press, but don't hold, the HomeLink button you wish to use (if it has not already been programmed) and it will flash orange. Then simply hold your gate remote close to it and hold the remote button down until the HomeLink button light stops flashing orange and turns green. That's how I entered my gate remote. Some handheld remotes are momentary (you hit the button and it only send a brief signal for a limited amount of time); you'll need to use a remote that continuously sends a signal when you press and hold the button. I hope this helps.
Old 03-26-18, 04:25 PM
JJEPuppy92
Driver School Candidate

Default Programming garage opener in 2018 Lexus RX if remote is lost

I just bought 2018 Lexus RX 350. I need to program my garage door to open however the remote opener is lost. Is is possible to still program the car remote opener with the actual remote that came with garage opener system?
Old 03-27-18, 06:18 AM
jim256
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

If you have a handheld remote opener that opens the door now, you use that to program the new car. Just read the manual's instructions carefully, each step.

Quick Reply: Garage door programming