RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Garage door programming

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-17, 05:07 PM
jsdrexel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2017 RX 350 trying to program Homelink? Solid on rolling

Hey all,

I think I'm fairly competent on this, but it's kicking my butt! I'm trying to program my in-car remotes to my garage door openers and have read about everything you can read on it with no luck! The big issue is we have a Genie IntellG 1000, which is a "rolling code" opener. Every time I go thru the process with the remote and the homelink sync, it keeps going to solid green and not a flashing green, which is what I need since it's a rolling code. My understanding is the solid is for fixed code. Mine is not a fixed code, but it seems the car is picking it up that way?

My question is how do I get this damn thing to pick up the Genie as a rolling code, and give me the flashing code so can go to the garage door opener enable the learning mode to learn the car?
It's driving me nuts!!

Thanks to much for any help!!
Old 04-05-17, 07:57 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by jsdrexel
Hey all,

I think I'm fairly competent on this, but it's kicking my butt! I'm trying to program my in-car remotes to my garage door openers and have read about everything you can read on it with no luck! The big issue is we have a Genie IntellG 1000, which is a "rolling code" opener. Every time I go thru the process with the remote and the homelink sync, it keeps going to solid green and not a flashing green, which is what I need since it's a rolling code. My understanding is the solid is for fixed code. Mine is not a fixed code, but it seems the car is picking it up that way?

My question is how do I get this damn thing to pick up the Genie as a rolling code, and give me the flashing code so can go to the garage door opener enable the learning mode to learn the car?
It's driving me nuts!!

Thanks to much for any help!!
Just checking your steps...park in front of the garage (within range), after clearing whatever is programmed to the button (holding button for more than 20 seconds), hold the remote in front of the mirror (within a few inches), let go once you see the green light, then go to your garage motor and press learning button, then quickly go back to the car and press the previously pressed HomeLink button several times until you see the garage open/close.
Old 04-06-17, 05:29 AM
jsdrexel
Driver School Candidate

Yes, that's the steps, the problem is the light never flashing quickly -- it just goes solid green, so based on everything I'm seeing, it thinks it's a non-rolling code. It's supposed to go to flashing quickly green, and then I go to the opener and put it in training mode. I've tried anyway, even though it wasn't flashing, and set the opener in learning mode, but it didn't help. I need to homelink buttons to go to flashing green and not the solid green.
Old 04-06-17, 06:38 AM
kalvink
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

You should clear out all the Homelink programs and try again. I've found out after you pair the car with the remote opener, it is best to press the program button on the operator and repeatedly hit the programmed Homelink button until it is recognized by the operator. I did this on all my previous cars and never had an issue. The instructions they write to program for all manufacturers are not the greatest.
Old 04-06-17, 06:39 AM
17RX350F
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am having the same issues and I run an IT company! It's ridiculous. On my 07 is350 it programmed right away and it's the same garage door system!

I have that same issue where it only goes solid green. I tried on all 3 buttons to program this thing and tried every step everyone has listed already to no avail. When I saw this post I was hoping there was something I missed but so far there is not. I will give it another try and report back if I can get it working.
Old 04-06-17, 08:06 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Sometimes it takes a few tries. I ended up using the reset or learn program up on the operator itself. The remote did nothing to help with the programming of the mirror button. It is a little easier if you can get someone to help. One in the car one at the operator. Saves running back a forth.

Once the car was done I had to reset the remote cause it didn't work anymore.
Old 04-06-17, 02:23 PM
jsdrexel
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 17RX350F
I am having the same issues and I run an IT company! It's ridiculous. On my 07 is350 it programmed right away and it's the same garage door system!

I have that same issue where it only goes solid green. I tried on all 3 buttons to program this thing and tried every step everyone has listed already to no avail. When I saw this post I was hoping there was something I missed but so far there is not. I will give it another try and report back if I can get it working.
That's funny cause I run an IT company as well! I was thinking the same thing -- it's not rocket science! But the solid lights are killing me. I'm going to go try it again and see what I can come up with. About the call the Lexus guys, but I'm not sure they're going to be any more of a help!
Old 04-06-17, 02:57 PM
jsdrexel
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 17RX350F

Ok -- I finally figured it out! Hopefully you have a Genie. That was my issue. There's some fine print on the Genie website about the software version of the remote. "Please check the date code and software revision stamped on the back. Software version 2.0.3 may not be compatible with all versions of HomeLink". Guess what version I had? 2.0.3. I found a remote with 2.0.5 and worked like a champ! Got the green flashing light and was good to go.Thank god!! I was really starting to question my 30+ years of IT skills!! haha. Hope that helps brother!
Old 07-24-17, 01:00 PM
elinyc
Driver School Candidate

Default Homelink with Passive UHF Garage doors

Our community uses a Nedap uPass RFID system to open the gates. It is a passive UHF system that the RFID receiver scans. It requires you to put a sticker on your cars windshield.
Question is, how do I program the homelink garage opener with this system? I ask this question because I've actually seen another Lexus open do this with pushing the homelink button without a sticker tag on their windshield.
Old 07-25-17, 01:59 PM
Cocal
Racer

Received 342 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by elinyc
Our community uses a Nedap uPass RFID system to open the gates. It is a passive UHF system that the RFID receiver scans. It requires you to put a sticker on your cars windshield.
Question is, how do I program the homelink garage opener with this system? I ask this question because I've actually seen another Lexus open do this with pushing the homelink button without a sticker tag on their windshield.
Go to Homelink.com and there you'll find the instructions on how to.
Old 08-04-17, 02:18 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Those that 'cleared' their Homelink, how did you do it? On the old Lexus's by holding the 1st and 3rd homelink buttons for 20-30 sec it would clear. On the new one I've read hold down just the programmed button until it clears, but to no avail. Any tips?
Old 08-05-17, 05:56 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 496 Likes on 376 Posts

Manual for my 2017 450h is as follows:

Erasing the entire HomeLink® memory (all three codes)

Press and hold the 2 outside buttons for 10 seconds until the HomeLink® indi- cator light changes from continuously lit (orange) to rapidly flashing (green).

If you sell your vehicle, be sure to erase the programs stored in the HomeLink® memory.

Before selling I always do a reset all setting in the navigation menu.
Old 08-07-17, 07:48 AM
coach1
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Several youtubes available with step by step videos on how to program you homelite opener. Once you successfully complete one it goes easily for the next opener or car change. I avoided it for years until one of our remotes went out and the replacement was $50. Why did it take me so long???? It is very easy....done by one person....nothing more than a latter to push the "learn button" on the opener.
Old 08-08-17, 10:11 AM
gadgetman1
Racer

Received 213 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfancy
just got a new rx350 and have tried following the manual to program the garage door opener to no avail. Must be doing something very simple incorrectly as I have no issues programming my 2013. I press the learn button on the back of the opener and then press the mirror button 3-4 times but nothing happens. Anyone have success ??
I kept putting off programming my Homelink & just used a remote. So one morning I felt industrious & broke out my owner's manual & attempted to program. I followed the directions to the T, but no luck. I have a fairly new Chamberlain opener that uses a rolling code. After the 7th try, I finally gave up & decided to try the instructions using one of my remotes - DING! It worked! I have no idea why the "learn" button didn't work as I have programmed other remotes & vehicles using it without any issues.

My wife noticed that the Homelink icon stays on for a good while after pressing the open button & the door goes up or down. I decided to time it. 55 seconds is how long the Homelink icon stays lit. Why? That seems excessive since the door activates almost immediately after the button is pressed. Anyone else notice this?
Old 08-08-17, 10:47 AM
Htony
Lexus Champion

Received 132 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by jsdrexel
Ok -- I finally figured it out! Hopefully you have a Genie. That was my issue. There's some fine print on the Genie website about the software version of the remote. "Please check the date code and software revision stamped on the back. Software version 2.0.3 may not be compatible with all versions of HomeLink". Guess what version I had? 2.0.3. I found a remote with 2.0.5 and worked like a champ! Got the green flashing light and was good to go.Thank god!! I was really starting to question my 30+ years of IT skills!! haha. Hope that helps brother!
I had two Genie screw drive openers. Intellicode version is I, II, III. With III version I never had problem sync'ing with Homelink. Now I am done with Genie openers.
I'll never install an opener with multi-part rail. I switched to Liftmaster belt drive with one solid piece rail. This latest opener had a problem with older car's Homelink which required bridge. New openers changed their remote frequency. The bridge unit costs like 30.00. Homelink sync's with bridge unit located inside garage, Then bridge relays new code to opener.

Quick Reply: Garage door programming