RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Sequential tail lights installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-16, 08:52 AM
sg021
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

This mod is definitely illegal in the US, not that I'm saying police are necessarily going to give out a ticket.

You can have sequential lights, but the first light in the sequence has to meet the minimum size requirement for a full turn signal, meaning in the eyes of the law the others in the sequence are just for show. The first light is way too small on these.

Mustangs had a legal sequential light because each light was pretty large.
Old 07-11-16, 09:22 AM
frubalup
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boomer10
What about passing annual state inspection? I doubt some inspectors will catch this mod. But some might.
Not too sure about this, I live in Alberta, CA where inspections aren't required by law. Other provinces here do have a required safety inspection upon sale of a vehicle but you could put them back on if need be when you decide to sell. Guess if you require annual inspections then you might have to be more wary of the consequences.
Old 07-13-16, 02:46 PM
jwigley
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sg021
This mod is definitely illegal in the US, not that I'm saying police are necessarily going to give out a ticket.

You can have sequential lights, but the first light in the sequence has to meet the minimum size requirement for a full turn signal, meaning in the eyes of the law the others in the sequence are just for show. The first light is way too small on these.

Mustangs had a legal sequential light because each light was pretty large.
I was about to google this, thanks for explaining it.
Old 08-05-16, 08:10 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 116 Likes on 89 Posts

The f sport grille topic is blowing up.. This one died..

Nobody wants to do this because it's illegal haha. And I guess not worth it? We need that part number Ken!!!!! Stop ignoring us! Unless you don't have it.. haha I'm going to LA to look for your white RX.
Old 08-05-16, 09:12 AM
t4tran
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would love to do this mod also! Hook up on parts and where to find!
Old 08-05-16, 11:22 AM
kenforum
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
The f sport grille topic is blowing up.. This one died.. Nobody wants to do this because it's illegal haha. And I guess not worth it? We need that part number Ken!!!!! Stop ignoring us! Unless you don't have it.. haha I'm going to LA to look for your white RX.
Hey aznkorboi, I don't have the part number, I just got hooked up and paid and waited for the lights to arrive. The parts came with genuine lexus packaging but there was no invoice, no product sheet, no nothing about the part.

You are still welcome to come to LA to meet up though haha
Old 08-05-16, 01:04 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kenforum
Hey aznkorboi, I don't have the part number, I just got hooked up and paid and waited for the lights to arrive. The parts came with genuine lexus packaging but there was no invoice, no product sheet, no nothing about the part.

Oh haha. ok got it...

I'm in chino hills and will be moving to Irvine next year. I'm serious ! Let's meet up sometime haha. Are you in LA LA or near L.A.? Not sure if the traffic is worth it lol
Old 08-05-16, 04:05 PM
Turri
9th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a couple of us from LA, mind sharing your source then? Maybe we can pay, wait for the install and call it a day with your same guy.
Old 08-05-16, 04:21 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

haha would be nice. People are willing to dish out the same amount for the F sport spindle grille.
Old 08-06-16, 10:42 AM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks everyone!

Ha! For a second I thought about that but thought that I would have to pay expensive air ticket too lol

A friend of mine found a body shop guy who ordered the lights for me. They said the lights were ordered from a vendor from LA. The lights finally came after about 7 weeks.

They are direct plug and play. The installation was pretty involved though. Took 3 hours to install!
I've sold a set of RX Sequential Tail Light to someone in the states, and yes, it took around 7 weeks.
I guess it is your set.
Old 08-06-16, 10:44 AM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Thanks everyone!

Ha! For a second I thought about that but thought that I would have to pay expensive air ticket too lol

A friend of mine found a body shop guy who ordered the lights for me. They said the lights were ordered from a vendor from LA. The lights finally came after about 7 weeks.

They are direct plug and play. The installation was pretty involved though. Took 3 hours to install!
darn. Ken, by any chance do you know where the vendor was in LA? And the cost?
The total cost is about $1500, totally worth it
No word about whether the front is plug and play too. I'm guessing it is but I want to be fairly sure. We need a guy like "760A" to know more info. He is the man!

As for which vendor it is, I don't really know unfortunately. My friend only told me to pay and wait for the lights to arrive.

99.99% is me lol
Ask your frd…haha

Is your friend name Joey?
Old 08-06-16, 10:46 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Nigel-JDMParts
I've sold a set of RX Sequential Tail Light to someone in the states, and yes, it took around 7 weeks.
I guess it is your set.
A handful of us would love to know more info!

If many of us are willing to pay for a f sport spindle grill, I am sure many us are also willing to get the sequential tail lights!
Old 08-06-16, 10:51 AM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

A handful of us would love to know more info!

If many of us are willing to pay for a f sport spindle grill, I am sure many us are also willing to get the sequential tail lights!
I can order it anytime, you guys can PM me.
I can get F sport grill, body kit, sequential tail light and all other Japanese goodies.

I thought there is F Sport package from the dealer, why do you need to purchase the F sport grill?
Old 08-06-16, 10:54 AM
t4tran
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nigel-JDMParts
I can order it anytime, you guys can PM me.
I can get F sport grill, body kit, sequential tail light and all other Japanese goodies.

I thought there is F Sport package from the dealer, why do you need to purchase the F sport grill?
7 weeks?! gees! lol

Do you know if the front headlight works the same way? As in sequential.
Old 08-06-16, 11:02 AM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by t4tran
7 weeks?! gees! lol

Do you know if the front headlight works the same way? As in sequential.

You mean like this?
Facebook Post

Quick Reply: Sequential tail lights installed!!!