RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

F-Sport Seats Lumbar Support question

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-16, 05:25 AM
Richstang
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default F-Sport Seats Lumbar Support question

Hi All,

Do you guys/gals hear and feel a click/pop on the back part of your F-Sport seat when adjusting your position in the seat? I tried messing with the lumbar seat setting but that doesn't seem to help.

Thanks,
Rich
Old 06-30-16, 05:27 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 116 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Richstang
Hi All,

Do you guys/gals hear and feel a click/pop on the back part of your F-Sport seat when adjusting your position in the seat? I tried messing with the lumbar seat setting but that doesn't seem to help.

Thanks,
Rich
YES!~ lol f spoort seat as well
Old 06-30-16, 05:57 AM
Richstang
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok so not just me then.
Old 06-15-17, 08:12 PM
Palakiko
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup me too! I've been experimenting and contribute it to the bladder that pumps up for the rear/mid back lumbar.

I dont like the clicking. First world problems...still we paid a pretty penny for it.
I think the quietness of the interior accentuates the clicking. Makes everything audible. Even stuff in the trunk moving bothers me. Whereas in a RAV4 I could care less bc it was just overall a louder experience in the cabin.

What's better is...has anyone gone to the dealer to have it looked into?
Old 06-16-17, 07:19 AM
jr4div2
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Ok so not just me then.
Nope, not just you. It's almost like the padding/material of the seat is moving around over the lumbar bladder.
Old 06-17-17, 04:56 PM
s4iscool
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Add me too. Mentioned this in the sticky discoveries thread as well. Just imagine brining this to the dealer when they ignore things like transmission hesitation and exhaust-engine noises. I just don't bother anymore with this car until I can sell and move on.
Old 06-18-17, 12:59 AM
Palakiko
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am past my warranty period. I am going to live with it, unfortunately. I don't want to but I didn't realize it until it was too late.

Originally Posted by s4iscool
Add me too. Mentioned this in the sticky discoveries thread as well. Just imagine brining this to the dealer when they ignore things like transmission hesitation and exhaust-engine noises. I just don't bother anymore with this car until I can sell and move on.
Old 06-18-17, 04:30 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Stuff a bladder in a tight space surrounded by padding, then add some air to it, of course there is going to be some strange noises. My GM and Ford do the same thing. I rarely change the setting, unless my back is sore and when I do it's for about 2 seconds. The non F sport seats don't make the same noise as there is more padding. Yes it's normal.
Old 06-18-17, 04:40 AM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by s4iscool
I know you are aware of the tranny TSB, so they didn't ignore that. They had a lot of people bringing the cars into the dealers and that got their attention and a fix was put in place. I agree that the TSB could have been a little tighter, but check around, there are many transmissions of 8 or more speeds that are poor. I don't think the engineering on many of these transmissions is very good.

Lexus is aware of the vibration and drone. My understanding is they are still reviewing and collecting data. It seems to be hit and miss whether a car has it or not. I have no drone and no vibration.

These two subjects have their own threads and have been discussed to death. Other than the concerns expressed here, how many people have written Lexus with their documented cases? Calling Lexus 1-800 number is not what I am talking about.
Old 06-18-17, 11:04 PM
s4iscool
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by FastFord
Stuff a bladder in a tight space surrounded by padding, then add some air to it, of course there is going to be some strange noises. My GM and Ford do the same thing. I rarely change the setting, unless my back is sore and when I do it's for about 2 seconds. The non F sport seats don't make the same noise as there is more padding. Yes it's normal.
Ive owned over 10 cars with power lumbar and not one of them had an adjustable lumbar bladder shift/deflate (tiny bit, just enough to notice) like this one. I found an ok position with mine where I rarely notice it now, it's nearly deflated as I find more air to be quite uncomfortable in this car. As for the TSB on the transmission, yes, Im more than aware of it and it did not work for me. Others have noted the same experience. Just imagine trying to get the dealer to take the lumbar issue seriously. I can imagine 3 trips to the dealer with each one wasting a day or two being told that "it's normal" or "could not replicate."
Old 06-26-17, 06:02 PM
yok3dIS
Intermediate

Received 204 Likes on 79 Posts
Thumbs down

Ok so not just me then.
I guess they didn't fix it for the 2017's. It almost feels like bubble wrap popping