ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-2022-273/)
-   -   Does your 2016 RX 350 have Excessive noise and vibration (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-4th-gen-2016-2022/825161-does-your-2016-rx-350-have-excessive-noise-and-vibration.html)

tomtom74 06-06-16 03:44 PM

Does your 2016 RX 350 have Excessive noise and vibration

i like to know how many percent of people are having Excessive noise and vibration problem.

s2000zr 06-06-16 04:47 PM

Can you put in, AWD, fwd, or fsport

mccutcj 06-09-16 07:30 AM

I have a noise and vibration problem.
2 wheel drive

roblim 06-11-16 09:19 AM

It was my tires. The 18" Bridgestones that came standard had a weird vibration upon acceleration. Replaced them with Michelins when I went to 20" wheels and the vibration went away.

y2kprofeso 06-14-16 06:37 AM

It seems like my rx when it shifts to a lower gear the transmission tends to vibrate.

donmatt 06-14-16 12:13 PM

Mine has a slight vibration on the initial start off in drive.. Once up to speed it disappears completely as far as I can tell. Dealer has duplicated the vibration. Another new RX was Driven and had the same vibration. I have complained to Lexus and waiting a response from the complaint case worker. Other than this the vehicle is great.

FastFord 06-24-16 08:33 AM

Out of the 56 vehicles I have owned, this is in the top five for being quite, and smooth. There is a bit of vibration, very slight, if you are very gentle on the gas while starting from a stop.

I have been playing with driving in Sport/sport plus mode and that does reduce the "bog" type acceleration in regular driving mode.

Having driven hundreds of vehicles and millions of miles over the years, the 2016 RX takes some getting used to. Dialing in the perfect gear for smooth quite acceleration takes practice. There is a lot going on with the tranny and cpu systems.

I do dislike how slow the tranny is to connect to the proper gear. I notice this most when decelerating then quickly accelerating. Too slow, way too slow in regular mode, S and S+ not so bad.

Accelerating in this reminds me of a Corvette I used to have. Manual shift, but if you didn't go over 3K rpm from first the thing would not go into 2nd, it forced you to go into 3rd. I installed some by-pass thing and that solved that.

Most manufacturers are trying to boast about mileage, so keeping the RPMs around 1200 probably helps them achieve higher numbers. Too bad it introduces other problems, like vibration and slow throttle response.

lefty75 08-09-16 02:42 PM

I have noise, vibration, and droning. 2 wheel drive.

y2kprofeso 08-10-16 04:30 AM

2016 lexus rx awd I have same noise when driving slow and at low rpm

ospuddy 08-16-16 12:07 PM

Test drove a 2016 Lexus RX F Sport (AWD and Adaptive Suspension): Did not notice anything unusual.
Test drove a 2016 Lexus RX FWD: Vibration. Mentioned vibration to sales rep. She said it's "normal". I told her the F Sport doesn't have this problem. She insists it's not a "problem".

buckse 08-16-16 04:46 PM

I've had several RX models over the years and I think this is one of the smoothest and quietest running vehicles I have ever owned. Not sure if it is the suspension, my low mileage, the tires, or my driving style, but I don't notice any of the vibration problems people are talking about. It does seem kind of heavy to me and I think the previous RX models felt like they had better torque and acceleration, but I love the ride quality and have no complaints so far.

I just got the standard RX FWD (non F-Sport), with 20" wheels and the Michelin Premier LTX tires. Make sure you get these tires as they seem to be designed for this vehicle: http://pressroom.lexus.com/releases/...6+lexus+rx.htm

I also test drove the F-Sport FWD model and definitely noticed more vibration which I assume was due to the adaptive variable suspension--I thought it was way too harsh and transmitted too much vibration for a luxury vehicle. I guess that's what you get when you try to turn a luxury SUV into a sports car.

Valley101 08-16-16 06:46 PM

Excessive noise and vibration

No! 2016 AWD F Sport. All options except pano roof.

toyotaman7 08-17-16 11:35 AM

Yes

Yes, during easy take offs. Engine noise and vibration noise that seems to come from exhaust. Sounds and feels like a manual car that is starting up in 2nd gear rather than 1st.

iAlvinK 08-18-16 01:23 PM

I have a slight vibration only at freeway speeds(70mph +). Have the 235/55R20 Bridgestone Ecopia tires. They are low resistance ECO friendly tire that's suppose to give a smooth and quiet ride. I did some research and those tires are rated pretty well. I will be taking my RX to the dealer to have them do a balance on the tires. Hopefully this will solve the vibration.

cec327 08-18-16 03:05 PM

I have a 2016 rx 350 . There is a slight vibration at 110mph but other than that no