RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

F-Sport grille fit on non-F Sport?

Old 03-21-18, 01:51 PM
muoi75
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! Can you tell me the part number for the top grille that you order from Nigel? I have the same rx model as yours with parking sensor and no camera
Old 04-03-18, 07:04 AM
chunktwo
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

For those that have done this conversion - rather than start a new thread...

do you know how to remove the shroud/trim that is around the fog lights? can it be removed without taking the bumper off?

Was thinking about putting laminix over the fogs
Old 04-05-18, 09:22 PM
lilboi
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chunktwo
For those that have done this conversion - rather than start a new thread...

do you know how to remove the shroud/trim that is around the fog lights? can it be removed without taking the bumper off?

Was thinking about putting laminix over the fogs
No, you'll have to remove the screw on the back side of the trim. It's also easier just to remove the entire foglight from inside the bumper to apply the laminx. That's what I did.
Old 05-02-18, 10:10 AM
giovane
10th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe these files from techinfo.toyota.com will help DIYers
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Bumper parts.pdf (467.8 KB, 618 views)
Bumper resassembly.pdf (1.26 MB, 333 views)
Bumper removal.pdf (520.9 KB, 468 views)
Bumper disassembly.pdf (1.25 MB, 423 views)
The following 4 users liked this post by giovane:
2ndName (05-10-19), SoCalRX (05-02-18), Tajai7 (06-06-20), winstonchu (08-28-19)
Old 05-02-18, 11:39 AM
simiviper
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by giovane
Maybe these files from techinfo.toyota.com will help DIYers
Thanks for the instructions. It would definitely help to locate where those clips are.
Old 06-02-18, 12:17 AM
grassjelly
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 97Soarer
If I just wanted to add the lower front spoiler/diffuser piece, what part numbers do I need to order? I would assume its doable? I'm fine with the non F sport grill but I love the lower spoiler. Thx!
Anyone know the answer to this question? I would like to know too. Any insight would be much appreciated.
Old 06-02-18, 12:29 AM
lilboi
Driver

Originally Posted by grassjelly
Anyone know the answer to this question? I would like to know too. Any insight would be much appreciated.
No it’s not possible (without heavy modifications) to just add only the splitter and not the grill. Vis-à-vis is true as well; you can’t put the grill without the splitter.

If if you look closely at the bottom of the grill on both the L models and F-Sport, you’ll notice that they don’t meet at the same locations; thus, they need to be used together to fit properly.
The following users liked this post:
grassjelly (06-02-18)
Old 06-03-18, 07:54 AM
supraken
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lilboi

No it’s not possible (without heavy modifications) to just add only the splitter and not the grill. Vis-à-vis is true as well; you can’t put the grill without the splitter.

If if you look closely at the bottom of the grill on both the L models and F-Sport, you’ll notice that they don’t meet at the same locations; thus, they need to be used together to fit properly.

Actually, I'm almost certain that you can, I looked into this a while back, but the parts aren't cheap (which is why I never did it).

I don't remember the part numbers, but the bottom piece of the grill surround is a separate piece, which is why it looks like it's attached at a different point. Non Fsport has a bottom trim piece to complete the hour glass grill surround, while the Fsport grill bottom attaches directly to the front lip.

There are 3 main pieces (which adds up to something like $800-$1000). The lip itself, a second piece which attaches to the bottom of the lip, and a piece that was called something like bumper support (not an actual bumper support, but I think it's where that bottom piece attaches to. Have to look at the diagrams again to remember. Then there are 2 smaller pieces at the corner of where the lip meets the grill.

I thought about just getting the lip without the bottom piece and see if that will fit, not sure if it'll work like that though.
Old 06-03-18, 12:00 PM
16rx350
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi! Found this on eBay for those who are interested. Looks like it is only 2 pieces like rufetus showed.
Check it out!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Racing-F-Sp....c100005.m1851

Hope the link works!
Old 06-12-18, 10:12 AM
curf
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Can someone please HELP.
I have a 2016 ~ RX350 non F-Sport. I was involved in accident and the body repair shop said they would change out my regular grille to the F-sport Grille during the repair. Body shop ordered
1 lexus grille but the holes for the distance sensor / park sensor and front camera did not match up with the ones on my vehicle. Local dealership said I need a vin # from a f-sport with the same camera / sensor options as my car for them to be able to tell me the right part #.

Can anyone in this group tell me the right grille part # for a RX with these sensors / camera. I hate to miss out on getting the F sport grille.

Any help greatly appreciated!
Old 06-12-18, 03:01 PM
lilboi
Driver

You'll need the lower lip and all the other associated parts as well. The f-sport grill will not join properly with the base/L lower trim.
I believe the f-sport grill with the parking sensors and camera cutout is: 53111-0E200. Double check though.

See attached:

Originally Posted by curf
Can someone please HELP.
I have a 2016 ~ RX350 non F-Sport. I was involved in accident and the body repair shop said they would change out my regular grille to the F-sport Grille during the repair. Body shop ordered
1 lexus grille but the holes for the distance sensor / park sensor and front camera did not match up with the ones on my vehicle. Local dealership said I need a vin # from a f-sport with the same camera / sensor options as my car for them to be able to tell me the right part #.

Can anyone in this group tell me the right grille part # for a RX with these sensors / camera. I hate to miss out on getting the F sport grille.

Any help greatly appreciated!
Old 06-21-18, 04:52 AM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 183 Likes on 130 Posts

$64,000.00 question - Does the RX350L have the same bumper? Does this conversion package work for that car as well?
Old 06-21-18, 03:58 PM
lilboi
Driver

Originally Posted by panyo64
$64,000.00 question - Does the RX350L have the same bumper? Does this conversion package work for that car as well?
I'm pretty sure it'll work. A surefire way to check is to see if the grill and lower chrome trim on the 2018 model matches the part number on the non-fsport models.
Old 06-25-18, 01:04 PM
breitenbub
Driver School Candidate

Default re: anybody tried this out yet? (finished!)

So took about 2-3 hours to install, all thats needed is a dremel. Thanks to GIOVANE, who's diagrams got me through this. total cost: ~$570. Notice lower lip is still base (non-Fsport). (System is not letting me upload photo, but looks almost exactly like BrianZX7s).
Old 06-27-18, 11:09 AM
97Soarer
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ive been getting PM asking about the non f sport grill with f sport lip. The combination is not possible. The non f sport grill isnt long enough to connect to the f sport lower spoiler. You have to buy the f sport grill if you want the f sport lower spoiler. It cost $1300 usd to replace everything, including all the necessary hardware.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F-Sport grille fit on non-F Sport?