RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

F-sport seats, comfortable?

Old 02-29-16, 05:06 PM
mcfancy
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default F-sport seats, comfortable?

Test drove the fsport and was disappointed at the rigid feel of the side thigh bolsters. Maybe just me but felt like a hard wedge. When getting out it required almost needing to lift your leg over this hump. And because of the constant impact getting in and out I expect any color other than black is going to show heavy creases in a couple yrs. I know it's meant to have a spot factor but it felt like something I'd expect in a Camry Really wanted to love this model but having a bit of sour about the experience Am I missing something here ?
Old 02-29-16, 07:08 PM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

It is the reason I went with the luxury package.
For me those seats felt better.
But of course many love the f-sport seats so it is great to have choices.
Old 02-29-16, 11:08 PM
billh556
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Same as bootman here, the seats were the deciding factor when I chose the luxury package. For longish road trips I thought the F Sport seats would be too confining. Sure would like the adaptive suspension and customizable settings on the luxury package.
Old 03-01-16, 02:23 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

I also test drove the F-sport and there is no way I am crawling over that bolster every time I get in or out of the vehicle. You will see the seat wear very quickly in this area.

This eliminated the F-sport for me and I also went for the Luxury and have no regrets.
The following users liked this post:
BMP2CPM (05-22-20)
Old 03-01-16, 04:04 PM
mcfancy
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok. Thought it was just me. I really like the fsport grill. but afraid this bolster will become too annoying later. Ugh.
Old 03-02-16, 10:30 AM
miawheels
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have the F-Sport and love the bolstered seating. I feel like they are giving me a big hug.
JerryRX350 (05-22-20)
Old 03-02-16, 10:52 AM
GDragonfly
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by miawheels
Have the F-Sport and love the bolstered seating. I feel like they are giving me a big hug.
Same here. I love the F sport wheels and seats.
JerryRX350 (05-22-20)
Old 03-02-16, 10:52 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Glad to hear you're enjoying the F-Sport seats, miawheels. A big hug is an accurate description. I didn't place my order until I had a chance to sit in and drive the F-Sport. The seats were fine to me. The regular seats felt flat and unsupportive in comparison.
Old 03-02-16, 04:23 PM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Wear is not an issue on the F-Sport seats due to the way they are made i.e. foam injected.

The ones on the IS are holding up very well and it gets more use due to short journeys. Much better than the ones in my RX should I add!
Old 03-02-16, 05:20 PM
sc400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rayaans
Wear is not an issue on the F-Sport seats due to the way they are made i.e. foam injected.

The ones on the IS are holding up very well and it gets more use due to short journeys. Much better than the ones in my RX should I add!
Are you saying that the f-sport seats are Nulux and not real leather?
Old 03-03-16, 01:18 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by sc400
The RX F-sport seats are leather, but not as nice as the semi-aniline leather in the Luxury package. Some (not sure if it includes the RX, pretty sure it doesn't have seats that use this method though) F-sport seats are made by having the foam injected into the seat cover rather than stretch the leather over a foam base and frame. The NX and IS F-sport seats use this way but are Nuluxe.
Old 03-03-16, 01:33 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by rayaans

I can not agree. I can not imagine this not being a higher wear item. Just common sense.

Last edited by RXOwner; 03-03-16 at 02:07 AM.
Old 03-03-16, 04:24 AM
darkoozy
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I own the f-sport and admit the f-sport seats are tad narrow. I mean the part you sit on

Just to put into perspective, I am 5'8" 175lb and pretty average build, and find the bottom portion narrow and find myself sitting on the left edge of the chair. The back seems to be fine and hugs quite nicely. I hope the wear and tear on the chair holds up as I think it will get "crushed" over time.

I had an older 2013 f-sport, and found it to be more comfortable.
Old 03-03-16, 02:14 PM
damtachoa
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They need to replace GS seat to RX instead of using IS seat. The first thing bother me is the seat when I saw it in dealership.
Old 03-03-16, 03:09 PM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sc400
No, im 100% sure the RX F-Sport seats are leather, but then so are the ones in my IS300h F-Sport, we don't get Nuluxe in the UK.

The wear is not an issue, the IS300h gets used daily with short trips, constant getting in and out and the wear is better than on my RX down to the foam injection.

Also, the RX F-Sport seats are definitely wider than the IS F-Sport seats. Im 6ft 90kg so about 180 pounds and I fit fine in the IS seats.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F-sport seats, comfortable?