RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Cold Weather Package

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-16, 05:33 PM
sailboy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold Weather Package

I just signed a special order for a fairly loaded 2016 RX-350 AWD (Not Sport) with deluxe package, and safety package with triple-LED headlamps. I also requested the Cold-Weather Package because I wanted: Windshield-Wiper De-Icer; Fast-Response Interior Heater; and Washers. The salesman returns after about 20 minutes in the back office, and said that the Cold-Weather Package couldn't be added because the "ordering system" rejected it because of a conflict with other options. We then deleted the Cold-Weather Package from the order since he said it must be included with some of my other packages (e.g. Deluxe, Triple-LED headlamps). If one looks at lexus.com/models/RX/packages it clearly states that the above 3 features are "Exclusively in This Package". However, there is a price difference if one has the standard model compared to Luxury or F Sport. I'm confused. If included, in what package.? If not, why couldn't the order be entered? I really want these features. What to do?
Old 04-15-16, 08:13 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by sailboy
I just signed a special order for a fairly loaded 2016 RX-350 AWD (Not Sport) with deluxe package, and safety package with triple-LED headlamps. I also requested the Cold-Weather Package because I wanted: Windshield-Wiper De-Icer; Fast-Response Interior Heater; and Washers. The salesman returns after about 20 minutes in the back office, and said that the Cold-Weather Package couldn't be added because the "ordering system" rejected it because of a conflict with other options. We then deleted the Cold-Weather Package from the order since he said it must be included with some of my other packages (e.g. Deluxe, Triple-LED headlamps). If one looks at lexus.com/models/RX/packages it clearly states that the above 3 features are "Exclusively in This Package". However, there is a price difference if one has the standard model compared to Luxury or F Sport. I'm confused. If included, in what package.? If not, why couldn't the order be entered? I really want these features. What to do?
This is the scoop...you can't order a 350 with triple led and cold weather package. Don't know why but it's not available to even special order. However you can if you get a 450h. That's what I did and I'm so happy. Best of both worlds.
Old 04-16-16, 06:13 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 507 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearcat
This is the scoop...you can't order a 350 with triple led and cold weather package. Don't know why but it's not available to even special order. However you can if you get a 450h. That's what I did and I'm so happy. Best of both worlds.
Or you buy one from Canada. They all come with cold weather package.