RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Running boards/steps and installation (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-16, 08:31 AM
and408rew
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much does it flex when you stand on it? Do you know the part #? I called a couple Lexus dealerships in NorCal and they said they don't carry any type of running boards for the new RX.
The following users liked this post:
rsafr (06-13-23)
Old 03-20-16, 04:26 PM
brxsilva
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by and408rew
How much does it flex when you stand on it? Do you know the part #? I called a couple Lexus dealerships in NorCal and they said they don't carry any type of running boards for the new RX.

When pressure was not applied.

When pressure was forced by having my left firmly planted on the ground and my right foot on the running board. It had flexed less than 1/2cm. However if I were to just use the running board to get into the car, I can see and feel the flex but it does not flex as much as you see here in the picture and I weigh 175lbs.

I have brought this to the attention of Crown Lexus and they had the installation technician look at it and brought it back to look it over. As he said, he followed all the instructions and said that there is going to be some flexing.
I had brought up my concern in which I will be bringing my vehicle to the carwash and some of those carwash guys are well over 200lbs. Crown Lexus had advised me that if there will be issues, they will take care of me. I do believe that. I've been going to Crown Lexus since 2006 and have always taken care of me. My latest issue was with my former 2014 GX460 and its leaning issue. They again, took care of me. So I have done my part with the running board. I have it on record that it was a concern. If something happens, I can tell them..."I told you so.", but I hope it will not lead to that.

Part No.

Parts and installation cost me $996.15 to be exact. This included the taxes for the part itself.

Last edited by brxsilva; 03-20-16 at 04:43 PM.
Old 04-07-16, 01:51 PM
HenryNYC
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Figure I share this. In case anyone else looking to purchase running boards. I found Lexus of Queens to be the cheapest @ $440. I've been quoted as high as $699 from other dealers.

http://www.lexusofqueens.com/Order-Parts-Online

Just do a search for the following part number: PT93848161
Old 04-08-16, 11:46 AM
HenryNYC
Rookie

Post Running board/steps installation instructions?

Does anyone have or can get their hands on the installation instructions for the OEM running boards? I just picked up a set and installs looks straight forward but with instructions would guarantee I don't miss any steps.

Thanks
H.
Old 04-08-16, 06:55 PM
cec327
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HenryNYC
Does anyone have or can get their hands on the installation instructions for the OEM running boards? I just picked up a set and installs looks straight forward but with instructions would guarantee I don't miss any steps.

Thanks
H.
I have instructions which have pictures as well as text. I tried to copy and paste them but the pictures did not copy and I think that the text without pictures is a waste. The instructions are on Word but I don't know how to put them in this space. Any suggestions?
Old 04-08-16, 07:30 PM
cec327
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HenryNYC

Thanks
H.
I have tried for the last hour to send the file to you. I thought that I figured it out by using the manage attachments but they will not upload. Will try again.
Old 04-08-16, 07:55 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Theres a thread with pictures of the insturctions manual. If you search you will find it
Old 04-08-16, 08:50 PM
HenryNYC
Rookie

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Theres a thread with pictures of the insturctions manual. If you search you will find it
Sent you PM

Ops disregard, it was actually meant for Cec327.
Old 04-11-16, 01:31 PM
HenryNYC
Rookie

For the RX are the boards drilled in or or have some sort of fastner/non-drilled install option.

According the Lexus installation instructions. No drilling. It uses Rivotnuts in existing holes that is used by the rocker panels after it is removed to install the boards.
Old 04-18-16, 01:59 PM
HenryNYC
Rookie

Another install of OEM side steps. No flex when standing on it (150LBS). Size 9 sneakers.

Old 04-29-16, 10:30 AM
brxsilva
Driver School Candidate

Thanks HenryNYC.

A day after your post, Crown Lexus called and said they installed running boards on another RX350 and discovered that the install on mine was not correct and for me to bring it in to be fixed.
Here at the dealership now to drop off vehicle and will come back later.
Will to a follow up post whether or not it has been fixed after I pick up vehcile.
Old 05-08-16, 11:34 PM
chuanlee
Driver School Candidate

can't seem to find the thread, can you please provide the link? thanks!
Old 05-09-16, 12:25 AM
sushiboiii
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

hope this helps!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
L-AI-0437-D.pdf (1.64 MB, 3898 views)
The following 2 users liked this post by sushiboiii:
1NEAT_SC (02-03-18), lig (09-15-21)
Old 05-09-16, 02:24 AM
chuanlee
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sushiboiii
hope this helps!
thank you!
Old 05-27-16, 01:18 PM
btghostown
Driver School Candidate

Default Running boards

Any good place to order the OEM Genuine RUNNING BOARDS / STEPS PT938-48161 ? lowest i can found is $525 shipped

Quick Reply: Running boards/steps and installation (merged threads)