RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Running boards/steps and installation (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-15, 06:12 AM
mikeivan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LordBowral
Please can someone post some clear pics ....( So far they are all sideways in bad light )
Not much help, but best I could do with the image from the ad:

Running boards/steps and installation (merged threads)-running-board-rx.jpg

OK for looks, not sure about function.
Old 12-30-15, 12:33 PM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeivan
Not much help, but best I could do with the image from the ad:

Attachment 376871

OK for looks, not sure about function.
Does it say how wide they are? Can't be much over 3" from the picture but maybe it is more.
Old 01-06-16, 02:16 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

My dealer told me today that the running boards were discontinued as an option. Not sure if that means they won't be available at all but it won't be part of my special order. Oh well.
Old 01-06-16, 02:57 PM
hkbruin2
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I stopped by the Lexus Carlsbad parts department today and they don't show running boards as a parts option. The gentleman that was assisting with my parts order said he believed that the running boards will probably only be available as a customized build of the vehicle, and won't be offered as an option to install afterwards
Old 01-06-16, 04:02 PM
LordBowral
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default They are available

They probably don't know ...but they are coming and will look identical to those on the NX .
Old 01-25-16, 11:58 AM
kenforum
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hkbruin2
I stopped by the Lexus Carlsbad parts department today and they don't show running boards as a parts option. The gentleman that was assisting with my parts order said he believed that the running boards will probably only be available as a customized build of the vehicle, and won't be offered as an option to install afterwards
Lexus of Tustin told me almost the same thing. They told me to contact Lexus directly to find out if the running boards are available..
Old 01-25-16, 12:03 PM
kenforum
Driver

They probably don't know ...but they are coming and will look identical to those on the NX .
I wonder if the situation is different in Australia (looking at your "location") and in the US. Parts are always less available to the US than in other countries especially asian countries. And a lot of their standard features are only available to us as options, if not simply unavailable
Old 01-25-16, 02:05 PM
LordBowral
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kenforum
I wonder if the situation is different in Australia (looking at your "location") and in the US. Parts are always less available to the US than in other countries especially asian countries. And a lot of their standard features are only available to us as options, if not simply unavailable
I have never thought of Australia as being an Asian country 😊But I get your drift . As far as parts go I can assure you we are always bottom of the pile when it comes to getting choices and options . Eg we don't have all the interior colour options you get re wood trim and are always being told ... Only in the USA it's a bigger market . My dealer says boards haven't been finalised in Japan yet but will def be available . Hard to imagine them not supplying their biggest market with them . Maybe ask your parts depts how long they took to release them on the NX 😊
Old 01-25-16, 02:15 PM
ycnibrc
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

carid has after market running board for the 2016 RX
Old 01-25-16, 03:05 PM
LordBowral
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ycnibrc
carid has after market running board for the 2016 RX
They look pretty aftermarket too the factory ones are integrated into the sides of the car much better
Old 01-25-16, 03:41 PM
kenforum
Driver

I have never thought of Australia as being an Asian country 😊But I get your drift . As far as parts go I can assure you we are always bottom of the pile when it comes to getting choices and options . Eg we don't have all the interior colour options you get re wood trim and are always being told ... Only in the USA it's a bigger market . My dealer says boards haven't been finalised in Japan yet but will def be available . Hard to imagine them not supplying their biggest market with them . Maybe ask your parts depts how long they took to release them on the NX 😊
Sure I did not mean Australia is an asian country; it was just bad english lol I do need to apologize for that Thanks for the suggestion and hopefully we will get more info on the running board soon.
Old 01-25-16, 07:26 PM
LordBowral
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kenforum
Sure I did not mean Australia is an asian country; it was just bad english lol I do need to apologize for that Thanks for the suggestion and hopefully we will get more info on the running board soon.
No offence taken ! Lol ... We are Asia pacific after all 😊
Old 02-15-16, 10:15 PM
LordBowral
Pole Position

Default Side Steps at last !!

For all you doubters... here they are fresh from the factory
Attached Thumbnails Running boards/steps and installation (merged threads)-img_5486.jpg   Running boards/steps and installation (merged threads)-img_5485.jpg   Running boards/steps and installation (merged threads)-img_5484.jpg   Running boards/steps and installation (merged threads)-img_5482.jpg  
Old 02-15-16, 10:55 PM
SoKali-RX
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Is it just me or do they not look functional at all?
Old 02-15-16, 11:13 PM
LordBowral
Pole Position

They are partially hidden under the sills...but once the door is open there is plenty to step on . Dealer said they are the neatest and best integrated steps he's ever seen

Quick Reply: Running boards/steps and installation (merged threads)