RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Should I buy or wait?

Old 03-27-16, 09:48 PM
go3Ds
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Front grill IMO is the best out of all Lexus years and models to date. And yes it took a little bit for me to like it that much. Had to get up close and personal many times to like it more and more. Few years ago no chance I would have accepted. They may have a few tweaks here and there next couple years, but highly unlikely a grill change.

I wouldn't skimp on features with this quality of SUV, especially if you are keeping 10 years. Buy new, not used for that long of time frame IMO. Go high budget or even a little over rather than low budget and you will be very happy. Skimp on something else. Your budget probably won't get you the luxury model, but as others said at least get the premium package and the usual other packages which are usually required with it. The safety package is a super value and you would regret not having it with your long time frame. I love it, and I also have been accident free before having a safety package. Navigation system is a must IMO, as long as you take the time to learn everything about it which is quite extensive. Quality, reliability, warranty and resale all excellent. Decent and fair discounts out there, now that we are mid season so will help with your budget.

Lexus RX been A+ for me since 2009, and Lexus brand since 2000 so cannot recommend another brand.

Will be interested in your decision.
Old 03-28-16, 09:15 AM
NRX
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thx!

Thank you all for your inputs! I will update once I've decided.
Old 04-11-16, 10:53 AM
NRX
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NRX
Thank you all for your inputs! I will update once I've decided.
Bought a 2016 RX 350 in White/Gray combination last Friday. What a car! Lived in it all weekend
Old 04-13-16, 10:11 AM
bam
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NRX
I am in the market for a SUV and after multiple test drives of various vehicles I have it down to the 2016 Lexus RX 350.

This will be my first brand new luxury vehicle purchase. Added to that I am shooting for a first year model so I have a couple questions ...

1. Is there any chance that Lexus might change the front of the vehicle (tone down the grill etc.) for 2017 or 2018. I know it's not public information but what's your guess.

2. My budget allows for a new base model. Should I rather wait for 6 months (or a year) to get loaded ones that are used / CPO? I assume they will fall within my budget. By loaded I mean optional active safety features (auto braking, collision mitigation etc.) Are they truly useful? Just for reference I've been driving for 17+ years w/o any accidents.

3. Would you recommend another car instead?

Thanks for your time!
1. There is absolutely no chance that Lexus will tone the grill down as this is their new styling direction for all Lexus vehicles. Each vehicle will have their own integration of the spindle grill but it is here to stay. Some vehicles might be larger, some might be wider, etc but all Lexus vehicles will have some form of the spindle grill.

2. One suggestion might be to wait for the '17 models to come out and you pick up a leftover '16 on the lot. You'll have to act quickly with this because they'll want to get rid of all '16 models and once a particular vehicle is sold, it's not like they'll get another '16 with the same build to replace it from the manufacturer. If you see one you like, get it once the '17 start showing up at dealerships.

3. Have you looked at a fully loaded NX? That might be another option rather than going bare bones with the RX, you can get a really nicely loaded NX depending on your negotiation skills. If you do go this route, there are rumors that Lexus filled a patent for the name NX300 so if you believe in rumors, that would lead us to believe that they're putting a larger engine in the NX. You could also wait for this vehicle and maybe instead of getting a fully loaded NX200t, you could get a nicely equipped NX300, if and when this model arrives.