RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Lexus Enform Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-16, 03:41 PM
ursa99
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Enform Remote Start

I may have missed the solution to his but it is a real PIA.
I use Enform to remote start my 06 350. I open the door and the engine stops. I then have to restart it. Not a big deal but annoying. Is there anyway around this?
Old 02-17-16, 04:55 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Sorry but no solution available. Just gotta put up with it.
Old 02-17-16, 05:13 PM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

its a "safety system" and will not be changed by Lexus.
Last thing they need is someone suing them for taking your running car (or a kid doing it etc).
Old 02-18-16, 08:31 AM
Macs4RX
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just wish they had an option for a 20 minute run time versus the default 10 minutes (I believe it's 10 minutes before automatic shut off). In our area we sometimes get ice storms leaving the windshield coated with ice. Generally, 10 minutes would be insufficient to clear the ice especially if the car was cold started with an outside temperature of 15 degrees, say. Of course one can restart the engine but that takes away from the convenience a bit.
Old 02-18-16, 09:29 AM
go3Ds
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Macs4RX
I just wish they had an option for a 20 minute run time versus the default 10 minutes (I believe it's 10 minutes before automatic shut off). In our area we sometimes get ice storms leaving the windshield coated with ice. Generally, 10 minutes would be insufficient to clear the ice especially if the car was cold started with an outside temperature of 15 degrees, say. Of course one can restart the engine but that takes away from the convenience a bit.
Yes it is 10 minutes. The inexpensive cold weather package option, which includes fast response interior heater, may help. Very common option, at least for the hybrids such as mine, even where I am in the Tucson area where its been in the 80's lately.
Old 02-18-16, 09:30 AM
bootman
Intermediate

Depending where you live and park even 10 mins could get you a summons.

http://www.wcpo.com/traffic/best-tip...hose-cold-cars
Old 02-18-16, 12:42 PM
gregjhonda
Pit Crew

Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts

The Lexus provided remote start capability is archaic. The aftermarket system on my 2012 Maxima and the factory system on my 2012 Chevy Avalanche allowed me to vary the run time between 10 and 15 minutes. It also allowed me to unlock the car door, press the brake pedal, put the car in gear and drive off without ever having to stop the engine as long as I had the key on me or in the car. Another HUGE advantage of this is being able to simply drive your car somewhere in the winter, let it run and lock the door while you dash in and out of the video or pizza store. It also avoids a lot of cold re-starts on short multi-start trips in my small town. How hard can it be to require the key to be present before the running car is shifted into park and driven off. Chevy and Nissan can do this but Lexus in my 2015 ES-350 and my 2015 RX cannot???????
Old 02-18-16, 01:43 PM
bootman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gregjhonda
The Lexus provided remote start capability is archaic. The aftermarket system on my 2012 Maxima and the factory system on my 2012 Chevy Avalanche allowed me to vary the run time between 10 and 15 minutes. It also allowed me to unlock the car door, press the brake pedal, put the car in gear and drive off without ever having to stop the engine as long as I had the key on me or in the car. Another HUGE advantage of this is being able to simply drive your car somewhere in the winter, let it run and lock the door while you dash in and out of the video or pizza store. It also avoids a lot of cold re-starts on short multi-start trips in my small town. How hard can it be to require the key to be present before the running car is shifted into park and driven off. Chevy and Nissan can do this but Lexus in my 2015 ES-350 and my 2015 RX cannot???????
Did you see the video above in my link?
In some areas in the US that is actually illegal if you did that.
I'm sure the Lexus law team had something to do with it.
Old 02-19-16, 08:55 AM
Macs4RX
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by go3Ds
The inexpensive cold weather package option, which includes fast response interior heater, may help.
Thanks for the tip. Now I have another must-have option to add to the list.
Old 02-20-16, 05:06 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks for the tip. Now I have another must-have option to add to the list.
I have it and don't notice any difference from my previous cars. Perhaps I haven't figured out how to turn it on.

Yes I saw on the news, police going to peoples' homes and advising folks to turn off their cars if the cop sees a "puffer". A puffer being an empty, running car puffing out exhaust smoke. I guess the point was too many cars running with doors unlocked and being stolen because the keys were in the ignition.

Yes, when really cold, 10 minutes is too short a time. At least there is a count down timer in the phone application to show remaining time. Third party remote starts can be adjusted to up to 25 minutes.