RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Front Grill/Bumper Protection (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-17, 10:36 AM
yardbird88
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

This looks custom to the F-sport. I may get this one.
http://www.auto-beauty.com/new-auto/...e-ss-f-sports/
Old 12-21-17, 02:14 PM
CharmCtyIS
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Question Bull Bar

Has anyone tried to install a bull bar to their 4RX? It's really hard to find one that doesn't interfere with the front parking sensors.
Old 01-08-18, 06:10 PM
JSracer
Instructor

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts

^^^ that screws to the plastic mount right?? For the plate bracket.
Old 01-09-18, 09:50 AM
CharmCtyIS
Driver

Originally Posted by JSracer
^^^ that screws to the plastic mount right?? For the plate bracket.
Yes. I went and got some anti theft screws as well.
Old 02-02-18, 01:53 PM
CharmCtyIS
Driver

I got this for the front bumper because it's a lot more low key than those BumpShock license plate covers.

I also got a Bully Bumper Hitch step and protector for the rear. I thought I had a picture of it but I guess it's on my phone. I ordered by through Amazon.
Old 02-02-18, 05:35 PM
JSracer
Instructor

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by CharmCtyIS

I got this for the front bumper because it's a lot more low key than those BumpShock license plate covers.

I also got a Bully Bumper Hitch step and protector for the rear. I thought I had a picture of it but I guess it's on my phone. I ordered by through Amazon.
but it screws into and mounts to plastic. Is there support behind the grill where it mounts, ? If not, I don't get the purpose.
thanks
Old 02-03-18, 07:01 AM
CharmCtyIS
Driver

Originally Posted by JSracer
but it screws into and mounts to plastic. Is there support behind the grill where it mounts, ? If not, I don't get the purpose.
thanks
I screwed my directly on but I'm sure there's a way to reinforce it so it is more secure. I got this because of a friend of mine in NYC uses it and it has saved his front bumper from other parallel parkers.
Old 04-28-18, 08:06 AM
CharmCtyIS
Driver

Default Front Bumper Guard

Has anyone installed one of these?
Old 09-06-18, 06:03 AM
Kathymasl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumper bull/guards

i just bought an rx450hl and I’ve been looking at the bumper bulls. But I read the parking sensor would have to be turned off so I’ll do the other bumper front version and the back guards. And advice on where to buy and which brand to stick with?
Old 05-05-19, 05:23 PM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Received 178 Likes on 149 Posts
Default Nicest bumper guards?

Sup y’all. What’s the nicest bumper guards for a 2017 RX F Sport that won’t make it look corny. Would love if someone had pics of their car with one. I’m from NYC so it’s a must I gotta get one asap.
Old 05-10-19, 10:49 AM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Default Any nice looking bumper protecting bars? RX F Sport

Living in NYC I really need to get that silver bar for the front and back or something to protect the bumpers that doesn’t look corny. Anyone got pics of their cars with bumper protection? Trying to figure out what’s the best one. 2017 RX F Sport
Old 05-10-19, 02:17 PM
CharmCtyIS
Driver

Originally Posted by DMPesso
Living in NYC I really need to get that silver bar for the front and back or something to protect the bumpers that doesn’t look corny. Anyone got pics of their cars with bumper protection? Trying to figure out what’s the best one. 2017 RX F Sport

I got this for the rear. I like it a lot and I think it's pretty durable. I ordered a bull bar for the front from carID because it said it didn't interfere with the parking sensors but returned it because the installation required cutting and I didn't want to do that.
Old 05-10-19, 02:41 PM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CharmCtyIS

I got this for the rear. I like it a lot and I think it's pretty durable. I ordered a bull bar for the front from carID because it said it didn't interfere with the parking sensors but returned it because the installation required cutting and I didn't want to do that.
It requires cutting part of the car ? Oh hellllll no! Thanks for that info lol. I’m sure they make ones that don’t require cutting. Now that you showed me black is probably better then the usual silver bar that sticks out so much since my car is black
Old 05-10-19, 02:42 PM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Only thing is it sticks out so much I can’t back up right up to someone if I’m in a tight spot or I’ll hit them. What else is there for bumper protection that doesn’t look bad?
Old 05-10-19, 03:35 PM
CharmCtyIS
Driver

Originally Posted by DMPesso
Only thing is it sticks out so much I can’t back up right up to someone if I’m in a tight spot or I’ll hit them. What else is there for bumper protection that doesn’t look bad?
It's honestly not bad at all. I have had no problem when backing up or parallel parking. I don't have any pictures on my computer but I'll upload a picture from my phone when I get a chance.

Quick Reply: Front Grill/Bumper Protection (merged threads)