RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Seat Options

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-16, 05:02 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 409 Likes on 282 Posts
Default Seat Options

What about the driver's seat? What comes standard and what optional seats come with what packages?
Old 02-07-16, 06:29 AM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

There are only three seats.
Standard 10 way seats
Luxury pkg adds 4 way lumbar and power seat extender (thigh support) to standard
F-Sport seats

Last edited by bootman; 02-07-16 at 06:34 AM.
Old 02-07-16, 06:34 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Does the standard seat have ANY lumbar support?
Old 02-07-16, 07:44 AM
go3Ds
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by daryll40
Does the standard seat have ANY lumbar support?
We have lumbar support for both driver and passenger in our 450h. No extenders though, which are only with the luxury package.
Old 02-07-16, 07:48 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

That still leaves my question unanswered: What kind of support/attention do lumbar spines of base vehicle (no seat option packages) buyers get?
Old 02-07-16, 08:38 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

That still leaves my question unanswered: What kind of support/attention do lumbar spines of base vehicle (no seat option packages) buyers get?
It's just the regular powered two-way lumbar support on the lower back.
Old 02-07-16, 08:53 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

The seats are pretty nice on my Luxury, comfortable even on some long rides. I did test out the Sport seats and I am betting the bolsters on the seat you have to get over to get out is going to take some wear due to how high it is. They were darn comfortable to sit in though.
Old 02-07-16, 09:26 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

What does "regular powered two way" mean? Does it have the balloon thingie, like my 2015, that can be inflated none, some or all?
Old 02-07-16, 10:48 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

What does "regular powered two way" mean? Does it have the balloon thingie, like my 2015, that can be inflated none, some or all?
It means that the lumbar support goes forwards and backwards ONLY. Not up and down like luxury pack
Old 02-07-16, 11:50 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rayaans
It means that the lumbar support goes forwards and backwards ONLY. Not up and down like luxury pack
Is that what's in the base 2015 3rd Gen RX? It feels like a balloon inflates/deflates. Maybe you're right and it's just a pillow that moves in (toward the back) or out (away from the back into the seat)??? Is it, whatever the 2016 "it" is, operated by a power button on the side of the seat? Or is it some manual lever, like in cheap cars of old? I guess it's not clear what a power lumber support is and what is the default thing in the RX and what the "better than the default thing" is on vehicles equipped with a better option.
Old 02-07-16, 02:08 PM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Is that what's in the base 2015 3rd Gen RX? It feels like a balloon inflates/deflates. Maybe you're right and it's just a pillow that moves in (toward the back) or out (away from the back into the seat)??? Is it, whatever the 2016 "it" is, operated by a power button on the side of the seat? Or is it some manual lever, like in cheap cars of old? I guess it's not clear what a power lumber support is and what is the default thing in the RX and what the "better than the default thing" is on vehicles equipped with a better option.
My 4RX Luxury lumbar not only has the "balloon" that inflates and deflates with a switch, there is an additional switch that moves the "balloon" up and down. There is no manual lever, it is all done at the push of buttons. The non-Luxury models still have the balloon but no way to move it up and down.
Old 02-07-16, 02:14 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RXOwner
My 4RX Luxury lumbar not only has the "balloon" that inflates and deflates with a switch, there is an additional switch that moves the "balloon" up and down. There is no manual lever, it is all done at the push of buttons. The non-Luxury models still have the balloon but no way to move it up and down.
THAT's what I wanted to know. Thanks.
Old 04-09-16, 05:13 PM
bostonsnow
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by RXOwner
Is this 4-way power lumbar new for 4th Gen? Was it available at all on the 3rd Gen? I'm looking possibly into a CPO 3rd Gen…. but having 4 way lumbar would be very nice if possible...
Old 04-11-16, 05:25 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by bostonsnow
Is this 4-way power lumbar new for 4th Gen? Was it available at all on the 3rd Gen? I'm looking possibly into a CPO 3rd Gen…. but having 4 way lumbar would be very nice if possible...
3rd Gen seat do NOT have 4 way lumbar. Actually, I feel the 3RX is way outdated compared to its competition let alone compared to the 4RX. The 4RX blows the 3RXs features and Tech out of the water.

Not only do you get better seats in the 4RX compared to the 3RX but also better....

-Driving dynamics
-More Power
-Better MPGs
-8 Speed Tranny vs 6
-HD backup cam VS low quality one on 3RX
-Panoramic roof if equiped, 3RX has none
-Rear doors now unlocks when you touch handle
-longer wheelbase means more leg room and cargo
-bigger and better multi color Heads Up Display
-12 inches of Navigation screen vs 8 inchs
-Full speed radar cruise control 3RX cruise will disable if traffic slows down too much
-Auto braking and Lane departure warning
-Bigger Rear seat Entertainment screens on models equiped
-Fsport can now be had with Hybrid
-Tailgate is now adjustable for hieght
-4RX can be equipped with 20 inch wheels
-Triple LEDs headlights available
-Adaptive veriable suspension Sport+ mode

I can go on and on for another page but will spare you the torture but as you can see the 3RX was very outdated compared to the 4RX. I cant imagine anyone wanting to buy the old model unless they like the old body style and cannot get over the new design. But in my opinion the 3RX is still very expensive to buy for less features and tech than a 4RX. I would buy a 4RX every day even if its a base model.
Old 04-11-16, 06:10 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

TBF the 3RX has been powering on since 2009 so its hardly fair to say its "old" lol. Its "old" because it actually is "old"

Quick Reply: Seat Options