RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Issue(s) You Are Having on 4th Gen RX350

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-16, 02:22 PM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mdme
The doors are heavy apparently due to compliance with upcoming stricter side impact protection regulations I am told.
Heavy doors huh? Surely thats what you paid for? Nothing screams premium than a big heavy door thatll break your fingers if you get them trapped in them
The following users liked this post:
SkipABeat (11-13-19)
Old 02-14-16, 04:56 PM
GSY
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's funny because I think the doors don't close with same "thud" that my 2RX and 3RX did. Not really a complaint, just an observation. I absolutely love this vehicle.
Old 02-14-16, 08:09 PM
Kiwimum
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am having a serious issue. When I am taking off at stop signs, occasionally it will be very jerky. When I mean jerky, I mean like a person driving a standard car for the first time. Took it into the shop and was told they didn't find anything and I would just need to get use to it. It is how the car drives. Doesn't sound right to me. Anyone else??? Any clues why it does this??? I don't like to drive it now and I have only had it for two months. My husband can't drive it due to this and he drives everything that has an engine!!
Old 02-14-16, 08:30 PM
s2000zr
Driver

Originally Posted by Kiwimum
I am having a serious issue. When I am taking off at stop signs, occasionally it will be very jerky. When I mean jerky, I mean like a person driving a standard car for the first time. Took it into the shop and was told they didn't find anything and I would just need to get use to it. It is how the car drives. Doesn't sound right to me. Anyone else??? Any clues why it does this??? I don't like to drive it now and I have only had it for two months. My husband can't drive it due to this and he drives everything that has an engine!!
is yours AWD? or 450H?
Old 02-15-16, 05:44 AM
Kiwimum
Driver School Candidate

I have the AWD. It is kept in a heated garage so being really cold isn't even the issue. Has happened after a 3 hour drive home.
Old 02-15-16, 06:27 AM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiwimum
Does it do this in all modes or just ECO or Normal or sport?
Sounds like the trans was still in a higher gear vs 1 or 2 when stopped and then downshifted.

Hey I just noticed I can't tell what gear I'm on.
There isn't a display mode available for this that I can find.
That for sure would tell you if I'm right or not.
Old 02-15-16, 07:25 AM
Kiwimum
Driver School Candidate

I have had it do it no matter what mode the car is in. The car can be warm or cold. Thanks for input!
Old 02-16-16, 06:44 PM
EXP_Cougar
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I have an AWD and have not noticed this at all... If the dealer is not responding, tell Lexus corporate.
Old 02-21-16, 04:42 PM
Kiwimum
Driver School Candidate

Taking in for the second time tomorrow. Almost got hit crossing a street cause it started doing it. Won't let my kid drive my new car just to be safe. Hoping they find something! Hate that I have a new car and hold tight when I am driving not knowing what will happen.
Old 02-26-16, 07:02 PM
Timobi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my new RX yesterday. Love most of it. An observation though. While the cabin is quiet in normal traffic and on the interstate, when i hit accelerator I can hear a fairy loud engine rev...Wouldnt go as far to say it sounds like a sports car BUT its pretty noticeable and I don't remember hearing this when I test drove these at 2 different car dealerships.

The main reason I purchased was for a quieter ride compared to my 2013 Acura MDX. Perhaps theres some un-realistic expectations at play here and that could be true. But the engine or whatever is very audible when at low speeds. Feels 'heavy" too.

Anyone experience this? There's an attorney office down the road where someone just bought a new RX Luxury version. I sort of know them May go see if I could drive hers a bit just to see if I'm crazy or just nit picking.
Old 02-26-16, 10:42 PM
s2000zr
Driver

Originally Posted by Timobi
Got my new RX yesterday. Love most of it. An observation though. While the cabin is quiet in normal traffic and on the interstate, when i hit accelerator I can hear a fairy loud engine rev...Wouldnt go as far to say it sounds like a sports car BUT its pretty noticeable and I don't remember hearing this when I test drove these at 2 different car dealerships.

The main reason I purchased was for a quieter ride compared to my 2013 Acura MDX. Perhaps theres some un-realistic expectations at play here and that could be true. But the engine or whatever is very audible when at low speeds. Feels 'heavy" too.

Anyone experience this? There's an attorney office down the road where someone just bought a new RX Luxury version. I sort of know them May go see if I could drive hers a bit just to see if I'm crazy or just nit picking.
I bet yours is a FWD? I notice the same thing when I test drove a (2009, 2013, 2016) fwd RX350. It sound like the engine is struggling to pull this massive suv. My AWD Honda pilot rev freely with no sound of struggling. (I heard pilot is the same frame as the MDX)

Could you test drive the F-sport also? See if you feel, hear the same sound?
Old 02-27-16, 08:03 AM
Timobi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by s2000zr
I bet yours is a FWD? I notice the same thing when I test drove a (2009, 2013, 2016) fwd RX350. It sound like the engine is struggling to pull this massive suv. My AWD Honda pilot rev freely with no sound of struggling. (I heard pilot is the same frame as the MDX)

Could you test drive the F-sport also? See if you feel, hear the same sound?
Well I drove both F sport and an AWD version. Don't remember hearing this. BUT I also drove the same exact car in Plano, TX and was quieter.
Old 02-28-16, 03:50 PM
barx
Rookie

I think this is related to the hesitation issues others have been reporting (search for that thread).

I noticed the same thing at low speeds. It seems that the transmission wants to stay around 1800 rpm instead of down shifting, which makes it seem like the car is struggling.

For me personally, I hear a hum when I'm in my parking garage (before sat radio gets a signal). It does sound abnormally loud. I have the 350, AWD.

It'd be helpful to know if that's similar to what you're observing b/c I plan to bring it up with the dealership when I take it in for the 5k.
Old 03-01-16, 03:52 PM
450h4bvrs
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

When braking we hear a slight honking type noise, not like a horn but similar to the pads grabbing the rotor (but not normal). took it to service and was told it is a defective brake actuator. Hopefully that fixes it?
Old 03-02-16, 02:11 PM
john221us
Driver School Candidate

I took mine to the dealer to get the Permaplate done and had them program a couple of items while it was there (unlock all doors when I grab door handle and roll down windows when I hold down lock on fob). When I picked up the car yesterday, I noticed that the rearview and side mirrors were in night mode. I pushed the button on the rearview mirror and it went to normal, but it starts out in night mode now, every time I start the car. It wasn't doing this before I took it in for service. I called the dealer and he suggested that I check the dash brightness and that if it is all the way up, it could possibly cause this. I will check when I get home tonight (I am driving my convertible today, due to great weather). Has anyone else experienced this?

Quick Reply: Issue(s) You Are Having on 4th Gen RX350