RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

2016 RX 350 Looks ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-16, 07:23 PM
Kingman99
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 RX 350 Looks ???

I wanted to lease it but my wife thinks it is ugly! not to mention Lexus IS asking top dollar. I realize it is an updated Venza but to pay what it is going for l would be better off with a Mercedes.

Do you like the looks
Old 01-24-16, 07:32 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingman99
I wanted to lease it but my wife thinks it is ugly! not to mention Lexus IS asking top dollar. I realize it is an updated Venza but to pay what it is going for l would be better off with a Mercedes.

Do you like the looks
Haha my wife thinks the same thing. This new rx appeals more towards men than women. My wife thinks angular is too masculine. I am trying to figure out how to convince her myself. Good luck!
Old 01-24-16, 08:02 PM
SCbarber
Driver School Candidate

Do you like the looks
Yep, love the looks. (male, 42) Probably buying one tomorrow. I will take the reliability of these over a Mercedes any day of the week. Now, if you ask me, most Mercedes are not that attractive either. JMO.
Old 01-24-16, 08:24 PM
sandy14
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Must be something wrong with me. I'm a girl and I think it's the best looking car out there.
Old 01-24-16, 08:37 PM
malfaleh
Driver School Candidate

The same thing, my wife believes that the New RX is not beautiful , so I knew it was the right car for me
Old 01-24-16, 08:55 PM
Kingman99
Driver School Candidate

Default Do not rush to buy

Right now the RX is top dollar wait a little the sales are way down! They will promote it soon and you will save big bucks. My local dealer is selling the 2015 and would like to have had more at this time.

The nose of the new RX looks like the face of the Predator!
Old 01-24-16, 09:20 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Do you like the looks
Top dollar for sure, since it creams every other mid size suv in annual sales. I`d go mercedes MLE on a lease only for the badge, and thats it. The vehicle is showing its age. Would love to see the next gen MLE based on the current S tho. That will be a stunner 4 sure
Old 01-24-16, 09:32 PM
Kingman99
Driver School Candidate

Default New M is out

But they stopped calling it M class. It's ok looking, but pricey to lease.
Old 01-24-16, 09:47 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

But they stopped calling it M class. It's ok looking, but pricey to lease.
Names different, LCI but still the same old vehicle. Again its sad the MB's biggest vehicles are also its oldest less techy vehicles. Happened with the previous gen as well. With the next gen E out, I`m just waiting to what the desigers do for the GLE/ML series. Dual screens are a must compared to what they have now.

Compared to the RX which is basically the leader in the L stable.
Old 01-24-16, 11:57 PM
16RXSD
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

4th Gen is the first RX I even looked at. All the others were like soccer mom or old business man's car my mom and dad have had these things for ever and this is the first one that actually looks sporty/futuristic/edgy/modern and like a car a young single person would actually like. I prefer the design to than any other suv out there currently without a doubt, its actually looks new.
Old 01-25-16, 12:04 AM
barx
Rookie

My wife loves it (32 yrs old). Her mom has a 3RX, and she likes ours way more.

Have her go for a test drive. The interior is very comfortable, and the dash layout is one of the best out there. It drives and handles super smooth. It feels safe. Lots of cargo area in the back for shopping bags.

If she likes the 3RX style, you can get really good deals on it. I got my mom a fully loaded 2015 for 15% off MSRP over Christmas. I'm assuming you can get even better deals now.
Old 01-25-16, 01:35 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Buying a Mercedes was one of the biggest mistakes I ever made, only surpassed by the Porsche purchase!.

Love the way the RX looks, it is one of the reasons I bought it.

If you want dependability do not get a MB. Oh, the MB is ugly in comparison and if you do want one, go check out the MB customer service area as you will be spending lots of time there. My favorite visit is them trying to put me in a Nissan Sentra while mine was getting fixed. Enjoy!

Last edited by RXOwner; 01-25-16 at 04:18 AM.
Old 01-25-16, 05:24 AM
azinn
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RXOwner
Buying a Mercedes was one of the biggest mistakes I ever made, only surpassed by the Porsche purchase!.

Love the way the RX looks, it is one of the reasons I bought it.

If you want dependability do not get a MB. Oh, the MB is ugly in comparison and if you do want one, go check out the MB customer service area as you will be spending lots of time there. My favorite visit is them trying to put me in a Nissan Sentra while mine was getting fixed. Enjoy!
Amen to that. My ML430 was the worst vehicle I've ever owned. Thought about a Porsche but after reading all the problems in their forum's, decided against it. I'll stick with the good ole Lexus brand from here on out.
Old 01-25-16, 06:55 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

My wife's 3RX is coming off lease in another 9 months or so. We're not sure what we are going to do, but she really likes the 4RX so we may just do that. Our 3RX has been fantastic but we both love the looks of the new model.
Old 01-25-16, 07:42 AM
RXOwner
Lead Lap

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
My wife's 3RX is coming off lease in another 9 months or so. We're not sure what we are going to do, but she really likes the 4RX so we may just do that. Our 3RX has been fantastic but we both love the looks of the new model.
You will be quite impressed with the updated and upgraded 4RX. Lexus knocked it out of park with the 2016 RX.

Quick Reply: 2016 RX 350 Looks ???