RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Denso NaviBridge (controlling navi from app)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-16, 08:48 PM
macdee
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Denso NaviBridge (controlling navi from app)

Found out about this app just yesterday.
Allows to remotely control Lexus navigation and send POI coordinates directly from the phone.
Very surprised that there's zero mentions of the app anywhere at all.

I know for sure it works with my Japanese Lexus navigation, but since the app is available in the US store as well, I'd assume it should work over there as well.

NaviBridge by DENSO CORPORATION
https://appsto.re/us/qyjVD.i

And video in action
Old 01-23-16, 08:51 PM
Gleevec
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by macdee
Found out about this app just yesterday.
Allows to remotely control Lexus navigation and send POI coordinates directly from the phone.
Very surprised that there's zero mentions of the app anywhere at all.

I know for sure it works with my Japanese Lexus navigation, but since the app is available in the US store as well, I'd assume it should work over there as well.

NaviBridge by DENSO CORPORATION
https://appsto.re/us/qyjVD.i

And video in action
NaviCon DEMO (English) - YouTube
Were you able to get this to connect by bluetooth? I watched this video and one other and couldnt get the phone and map to connect by bluetooth (despite the fact my calls/music were going through via bluetooth). I asked the Lexus Tech guy at the dealership and he wasnt sure either.
Old 01-23-16, 09:06 PM
macdee
Driver

Originally Posted by Gleevec
Were you able to get this to connect by bluetooth? I watched this video and one other and couldnt get the phone and map to connect by bluetooth (despite the fact my calls/music were going through via bluetooth). I asked the Lexus Tech guy at the dealership and he wasnt sure either.
Yes, it worked over Bluetooth. I remember that after launching the app, I had to go into Setup > Bluetooth > Devices, and then clicking/selecting my phone name in the list there, after which the app changed its status to "Online". My phone is setup to be used for Bluetooth calls only, but I think it shouldn't matter as long as it's paired with the navigation.
Old 01-24-16, 12:51 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Does the Japan-spec RX have the Enform App Suite? The features shown in the video can mostly be accomplished on the phone through the Enform App Suite, such as searching for destinations and sending them to the car.
Old 01-24-16, 01:10 AM
macdee
Driver

Originally Posted by dchar
Does the Japan-spec RX have the Enform App Suite? The features shown in the video can mostly be accomplished on the phone through the Enform App Suite, such as searching for destinations and sending them to the car.
Unfortunately, no. We have a different system here, and from what I know about Enform, I wish we had it here. But Japan is not very progressive in the IT area, so I'm quite happy to have found this app.
Think the app still could be useful for countries without the Enform suite
Old 07-04-16, 08:49 PM
daveylin
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to bring up an old thread, has anyone gotten this to work with a US lexus?

Id like to send an address directly navi rather then add it to enform, then sync inform and select the address or entering via the cumbersome navi software.
Old 07-04-16, 09:00 PM
PatrickKan
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could never get it to work with my Hong Kong version.
Old 07-05-16, 07:54 PM
TexasRxh
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by daveylin
Id like to send an address directly navi rather then add it to enform, then sync inform and select the address or entering via the cumbersome navi software.
Yep. It works just as advertised. I've used it several times. Type the name of a nearby restaurant, select the location, then touch "Send to Nav" at the bottom right.
Old 07-06-16, 07:59 PM
daveylin
Rookie

Originally Posted by TexasRxh
Yep. It works just as advertised. I've used it several times. Type the name of a nearby restaurant, select the location, then touch "Send to Nav" at the bottom right.
Are you using bluetooth or usb?

I deleted my phone and re added via the bluetooth setup and also tried plugging in the usb cable, the app always says im offline. I feel like I missed a step somewhere.
Old 07-06-16, 08:00 PM
PatrickKan
Driver School Candidate

I tried both Bluetooth and USB but no go.
Old 07-07-16, 06:43 AM
Seafarer
Driver School Candidate

Tried this app a few times in my RX 350 -2016. Works, but if there are 2 cellphones in the car, I need to disconnect one from Bluetooth and only then the other phone with the app works.

has anyone tested it on any other car. My other cars are Audi Q5 & Cayenne S
Does not work with both of them!

Last edited by Seafarer; 07-07-16 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Updqated
Old 07-08-16, 10:39 AM
toyotaman7
Racer

Received 507 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by Seafarer
Tried this app a few times in my RX 350 -2016. Works, but if there are 2 cellphones in the car, I need to disconnect one from Bluetooth and only then the other phone with the app works.

has anyone tested it on any other car. My other cars are Audi Q5 & Cayenne S
Does not work with both of them!

How did you get it to work?
I tried it with My 16 RX with Navi (Canadian) and it did not see the car.
Old 07-08-16, 10:46 AM
Seafarer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by toyotaman7
How did you get it to work?
I tried it with My 16 RX with Navi (Canadian) and it did not see the car.
If the app is connected to the car navi then it shows ONLINE in bottom right corner.

Initially it did not connect via bluetooth, so I had to delete the phone from the car system and then reconnected it again via bluetooth.
I am using Iphone 6+ and 5s, both work
Old 07-08-16, 01:21 PM
daveylin
Rookie

Originally Posted by Seafarer
If the app is connected to the car navi then it shows ONLINE in bottom right corner.

Initially it did not connect via bluetooth, so I had to delete the phone from the car system and then reconnected it again via bluetooth.
I am using Iphone 6+ and 5s, both work
Hmm... Im using android, Samsung Note 5. Ill grab my wifes Iphone and see if that makes a difference.
Old 07-24-16, 05:29 PM
AZisHOT
Driver School Candidate

Android OnePlus One running Cyanogen 6.0.1 - no luck. Tried unpairing and repairing phone, tried deleting bluetooth profile from the RX and my phone - nothing helps. Bluetooth works just fine for phone/audio, just not this application. Removed Enform Suite - no loss - didn't help either. Tried USB cable direct - nothing there either. Too bad, because I really like the app.

Quick Reply: Denso NaviBridge (controlling navi from app)